Doctor Who

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Re: Doctor Who

Postby LogicSword » 24 May 2011, 05:22

Elomin Sha wrote:I think Blink is the worst one EVEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

*Sits back and awaits how trolling goes*

Yeah, well, I think your face is the worst one ever!

Now I feel mean. Sorry.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 24 May 2011, 05:33

Love and Monsters is the one with Moaning Myrtle, Mr Teatime and Peter Kay in it isn't it? The one where the monster was designed by a kid for a Blue Peter competition?

It wasn't brilliant, but I wouldn't call it utterly terrible. The fact that the whole episode was built around a Blue Peter competition, I think, is pretty awesome, even if the episode itself was a bit crap.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 24 May 2011, 06:18

The fact that they let a kid make up the villain was a great plan and all.

The fact that, not only did they get terrible acting, terrible plot and terrible visuals (Seriously, you don't have to make the kids monster a fucking joke.) they made it one of those few episodes where the doc and his companion are off shooting something else, they got about as much screen time as optimus prime did in transformers 2: "Oh hi, stupid wacky intro, and now we're gone, see ya in the last 45 seconds of the episode kids!"

Also i'm pretty sure the contest didn't have "Design your own doctor who alien and the doctor and rose will apear next to it for exacly 4 seconds before vanishing until the last minute of the episode leaving your monster to be put next to a bunch of idiots."
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 24 May 2011, 07:18

I thought it was an interesting break from normal Doctor Who, but I like those "different perspective" episodes of shows, like Scrubs.

Also, yeah, Fear Her was way worse.

And this wasn't terrible, just a bit lacking. I think in ANY OTHER SEASON, no one would complain.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
tbug

Postby tbug » 24 May 2011, 07:33

AlexanderDitto wrote:Re: Time Lords going from male to female to male. Nothing says Time Lord gender has to work like humans' does. We have to be careful not to impose our preconceived notions on alien biology... after all, distinction between genders is really mostly a cultural lie anyway. :P

Remember that Romana considered regenerating into a non-"human" form. If they can regenerate into "aliens" then surely they can switch genders.

(This is my personal explanation as to why the eighth Doctor is "half-human", incidentally.)
Dale
ad134

Postby ad134 » 24 May 2011, 07:39

tbug wrote:(This is my personal explanation as to why the eighth Doctor is "half-human", incidentally.)

Mine is that, in his post-regeneration confusion, he confused his own back story with Mr. Spock's. Half human on his mother's side?
tbug

Postby tbug » 24 May 2011, 07:42

ad134 wrote:Mine is that, in his post-regeneration confusion, he confused his own back story with Mr. Spock's. Half human on his mother's side?

That works too. :D
Dale
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 24 May 2011, 08:07

Mine was that since his regeneration was effed up and took a bit longer, his Time Lordy thing took DNA info, like the nanobots in The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, and recombined it since he was dead and couldn't choose a form to regenerate into.
Incidently, in my head, the human info was taken from Grace (I'm half human on my mother's side) so that kiss weirded me out.

Granted I made this up when I saw the movie having never seen Doctor Who so I had to make up a lot of things to make that movie make sense.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
tbug

Postby tbug » 24 May 2011, 08:29

Jillers wrote:Mine was that since his regeneration was effed up and took a bit longer, his Time Lordy thing took DNA info, like the nanobots in The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, and recombined it since he was dead and couldn't choose a form to regenerate into.

I always assume that the Doctor, having only just barely passed his Time Lord exam on the second go with 51%, has relatively little skill in controlling his regeneration. Romana, who aced her exam first try, had way more control and could even "try out" forms before settling on one.

I'm not sure how this squares with Jenny being able to regenerate.
Dale
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 24 May 2011, 10:58

I liked Love & Monsters. Yeah it suffered from being built around a Blue Peter competition, but as a concept for a Doctor-Lite episode it had a lot of potential.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 May 2011, 12:31

LogicSword wrote:
Yeah, well, I think your face is the worst one ever!

You're quite right actually.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
tbug

Postby tbug » 24 May 2011, 21:48

Keab42 wrote:I liked Love & Monsters. Yeah it suffered from being built around a Blue Peter competition, but as a concept for a Doctor-Lite episode it had a lot of potential.

I liked the idea of L.I.N.D.A. That just felt real to me. I mean, of course people who have been touched by the Doctor are going to wonder who he is and stumble into a support group.

I also loved that the Fifth Doctor knew about them. :D
Dale
tbug

Postby tbug » 28 May 2011, 18:26

Wait, wasn't that murder at the end of the episode? Isn't that kind of the message of the two-parter?
Dale
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 May 2011, 23:20

i have NO IDEA what just happened... but hell, at least they finally moved that plot along.
and yes, everyone called it, even people who didn't call it still called it, albeit nobody got the specifics but eh, who cares about specifics.

also i think im going to take a break from sci-fi now. in the space of four hours i watched dr who cloverfield and the thing, my brain is full of millions and millions of jellybabies.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 29 May 2011, 01:27

So the head in the wall is some kind of space midwife? This could be interesting. That bit was also rather creepy. As were the eyes and the pile of flesh.

Also apparently this isn't the end of the series until whenever. Guy at the end distinctly said 'next week'
Keelah Se'lai
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 29 May 2011, 02:16

Did anybody else notice how The Doctor gave the other Doctor his sonic screwdriver, that doctor with the sonic gets knocked out when outside, but then the first doctor magically has it again when inside the acid pit room.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 May 2011, 02:25

Out of everything you are pointing holes in continuity?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 29 May 2011, 02:34

AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Did anybody else notice how The Doctor gave the other Doctor his sonic screwdriver, that doctor with the sonic gets knocked out when outside, but then the first doctor magically has it again when inside the acid pit room.

Ah ok. I wasn't the only one that noticed that. I would like to point something about that: Remember how last season there was a bit in the Angels episode when the doctor has a coat on one scene then later he doesn't? That was brought back at the end of the season. I think we may have something similar going on with the sonic here. Was the Doctor ever alone in this episode?
Also he my just have several of them. Though If the flesh can copy cloths and people, I don't see why it can't copy machines. Matter is matter.
:
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 May 2011, 04:21

Certainly a body horror moment at the end there.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 29 May 2011, 06:51

madrak_the_red wrote:Also apparently this isn't the end of the series until whenever. Guy at the end distinctly said 'next week'
Yeah, we've known that since before this series even began. This page is very well-maintained.

EDIT:
tbug wrote:Wait, wasn't that murder at the end of the episode? Isn't that kind of the message of the two-parter?
No, because flesh-Amy wasn't one of the sentient storm-induced clones; that body was a remote-controlled shell, as they were all intended to be, and she just didn't realise it.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Crimson Chin
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby Crimson Chin » 29 May 2011, 08:10

Ottoman wrote:
tbug wrote:Wait, wasn't that murder at the end of the episode? Isn't that kind of the message of the two-parter?
No, because flesh-Amy wasn't one of the sentient storm-induced clones; that body was a remote-controlled shell, as they were all intended to be, and she just didn't realise it.

Plus; Amy would have to have been conscious to give birth and the Flesh version was probably holding her back from waking up

Overall, not my favourite episode but I am naturally excited for next week =)
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 29 May 2011, 08:18

Wait, Amy is now pregnant, presumably through Alien means (I assume it's alien, the Silence said something about her being the vestle for their new life, and there was a ginger child in America who could do alien stuff), means which she probably wouldn't agree to, so, does that count as rape?

Anyway, looking forward to next week to see where this plot twist leads.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 May 2011, 08:22

Either way she's just woken up in a strange unknown place to find herself not only heavily pregnant but in the throes of labor. From her perspective she's been raped, impregnated, kidnapped, and deceived.

I think she's going to be considerably traumatised.
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 29 May 2011, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 29 May 2011, 08:27

AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Did anybody else notice how The Doctor gave the other Doctor his sonic screwdriver, that doctor with the sonic gets knocked out when outside, but then the first doctor magically has it again when inside the acid pit room.

Was that The Doctor giving it to the Flesh Doctor, or the Flesh Doctor giving it to The Doctor? When did they switch shoes? They kinda implied that it was right at the beginning, and if it was The Doctor, then doesn't he know he's going to die now?
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 29 May 2011, 08:35

Anyone else think these two episodes could have been fit into one episode? I mean the only reason this two parter existed was to introduce the idea of the living plastic or whatever the called it, so that we know what happened to Amy.

I just couldn't get into the last two episodes, something about them just didn't pull me in or interest me. I also knew that as soon asAmy started being all prejudiced to the plastic Doctor that they had switched places. It just seemed so obvious. Although I totally didn't see the Amy being plastic coming... so when would that have happened? Back during the Silence episode when she's kidnapped?
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com

Return to “General Discussion”