movie theather

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
thatalbertaguy
First Video: is this a date

movie theather

Postby thatalbertaguy » 01 Sep 2010, 16:30

i Work at a movie theatre and feel I should tell all of you a few things
1, please no matter what goes wrong in your life don’t complain to us it ruins our day to be yelled at
2, don’t through money, your card or anything we don’t want to fetch anything from the floor just because you can be nice and hand it to me
3, finally it sounds stupid but for the people who stand at door it’s incredibly insulting to ripe Ur own tickets’ that basically there only job
And lastly were human beings it might take a few minutes to get your ticket so be nice it’s only a movie

(sorry for the bad spelling it was never my strong suit)
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: movie theather

Postby TheRocket » 01 Sep 2010, 18:42

We do have a vent thread for this kind of stuff.

I used to work at a movie theatre when I was younger. My advice is stop taking it so seriously and have fun, your job isn't that hard. I have a list of hilariously rude customers at the theatre and I wish I didn't let it bother me as much as I did. No matter where you work you will have dick customers. That's why there are the oh so witty*lists coming out such as, "How to act to your Barista", "What you are doing to piss your flight attendant off" etc etc.

I'm sure everyone could write a list on what people/customers are doing to piss them off at work. Fact of the matter is some people are dumb and rude, both customers and employees alike.

* by which I mean - not really all that witty
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 01 Sep 2010, 19:19

sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 01 Sep 2010, 19:21

But ya, as hard as it can be sometimes (especially when you enjoy aspects of your job), you have to remember: it's a job. Theres nothing personal.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 01 Sep 2010, 21:23

I love Moviet Heather!
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 01 Sep 2010, 21:26

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:We do have a vent thread for this kind of stuff.

I used to work at a movie theatre when I was younger. My advice is stop taking it so seriously and have fun, your job isn't that hard. I have a list of hilariously rude customers at the theatre and I wish I didn't let it bother me as much as I did. No matter where you work you will have dick customers. That's why there are the oh so witty*lists coming out such as, "How to act to your Barista", "What you are doing to piss your flight attendant off" etc etc.

I'm sure everyone could write a list on what people/customers are doing to piss them off at work. Fact of the matter is some people are dumb and rude, both customers and employees alike.

* by which I mean - not really all that witty

Damn. This entire thing sounds really condescending. I don't know if that's your intent or whatever. I doubt it is but damn.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 01 Sep 2010, 22:44

I love movies! I go to the theater many times a year. I'll even make the 130 mile drive to Chicago if the MusicBox Theatre is showing something especially significant to me at their midnite shows. I eat more popcorn than any healthy person should. I do know the routine for buying tickets & whatnot & am generally positive toward the employees, tho' on occasion I've been known to balk out loud when the prices are suddenly hiked.

That said, a local theater employs a fellow to rip tickets & direct you to the proper screen that definitely should NOT be directly serving customers. He has these large open sores all down one arm & up part of the other. They look awful & wet & here he is, touching every ticket & giving it back to each customer. In this case I do tear my own ticket & try to pass it to him in such a way that our hands do not touch at all. The only worse place he could be is behind the concession stand selling food. I have no idea what ailment or skin condition he has but the next time I see him I'm hunting down a manager & politely asking "WTF?"
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 02 Sep 2010, 01:00

I worked in a cinema for 2 years, I even became a supervisor and had to deal with all kinds of crap from customers, but dude... seriously.... you're asking people to respect cinema staff? It's never gonna happen, cinema staff are just above Blockbuster Staff in the totem pole of respect (I also did that job too). When you put yourself out there in front of people shitty things are going to happen, shitty people are going to come along and do what they can to ruin your day.
The best thing you can do is do what I did, have fun in your job because pretty soon you will need to leave there and get a real job and that is when you realise how EASY you had it in the cinema. Hell I would love to go back and work in the cinema again, it just doesn't pay enough.

So all in all, you'll never change the way people act in a cinema, you'll always get the dick who rips his own tickets first right in front of you, or the asshole who intentionally knocks over his half full tub of popcorn once the movie is over, or the dick who tries to get into movies for free by skipping into another screen just as his original movie ends. It is the way of the world and you should just accept it and enjoy the ride.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 02 Sep 2010, 04:08

I tend to surprise the people who work in the big multiplex because I gather up all my rubbish at the end of the film and make sure it goes in the bin. Whilst everybody else around me just leaves it there for them to clear up.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 02 Sep 2010, 10:54

Yeah, I do that too.

Believe me, it happens in any kind of venue. Heck, even in my freakin school after we have a concert or comedy night, there's crap I have to pick up. And I'm the light or sound tech!
Keelah Se'lai
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 02 Sep 2010, 11:42

Yeah, I worked at a super market for a little while when I was younger and dealt with similar situations, however I just stared at them with complete indifference while imagining the perfect come-backs.

For what it's worth I have complete respect for the workers having been in their shoes.
Murakami
First Video: Time is Money

Postby Murakami » 02 Sep 2010, 14:33

Try serving food, not prepared by you, you're just serving it, just bringing them their plates, to cranky, cranky people..
Arius wrote:De Nederlanders vallen binnen!
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 02 Sep 2010, 15:23

Try selling itty bitty lockers for way too much money.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Sep 2010, 15:34

Try preparing the food AND serving it to the customer, all in one. And they're in a rush, and there's a line of people behind them (in a place where there's not supposed be people queued up) and all your five co-workers are busy keeping their heads down on the things they're doing...
*seethe over 'teamwork'*

(personal pet peeve over Customer Brain Fart™: sooner or later I'm gonna make signs of my own to put behind the 8oz, 12oz, 16oz & 32oz salad containers...but they're gonna read "Tall", "Vente", "Grande" & "Oh $#!+, I Can't Afford THAT!" ;) )
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 02 Sep 2010, 16:01

empath wrote:Try preparing the food AND serving it to the customer, all in one. And they're in a rush, and there's a line of people behind them (in a place where there's not supposed be people queued up) and all your five co-workers are busy keeping their heads down on the things they're doing...
*seethe over 'teamwork'*

(personal pet peeve over Customer Brain Fart™: sooner or later I'm gonna make signs of my own to put behind the 8oz, 12oz, 16oz & 32oz salad containers...but they're gonna read "Tall", "Vente", "Grande" & "Oh $#!+, I Can't Afford THAT!" ;) )

Oh, oh, and, on top of all of that, you have to keep the place clean and prep a bunch of other stuff for the next day.

Nothing like having a large queue of tasks to be done and a random queue of customers.

Return to “General Discussion”