Concerts

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Re: Concerts

Postby korri » 12 Sep 2010, 06:24

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Ditto, I went to the mall food court alone and the stares I was getting was unbelieveable. Really.. eating and going to movies alone is something I never want to do because people give you the oddest looks! I even had one guy look at me and the fact I was alone and say ".. so .. are you on break or something?"

I do this all the time and I've gotten used to it. I actually love going to the movies alone. I get to sit where I want, I get to spread out and I don't have someone asking me questions the whole time...

But it is weird that people think that you have to surrounding and do stuff with people all the time. I have a friend who will literally not go to the grocery store by himself....
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 12 Sep 2010, 10:19

Now, my wife and I go to the movies together... but to different movies. Personally, I love it.
goat

Postby goat » 12 Sep 2010, 11:20

AlexanderDitto wrote:
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Ditto, I went to the mall food court alone and the stares I was getting was unbelieveable. Really.. eating and going to movies alone is something I never want to do because people give you the oddest looks! I even had one guy look at me and the fact I was alone and say ".. so .. are you on break or something?"

I know! It's completely ridiculous! If you're not surrounded by a gaggle of chattering hogmonkeys people think something's wrong with you. Can't go to movies, can't go to nice restaurants or brunch. I wouldn't even THINK of visiting the comic book store three blocks away, despite the fact that they are specifically tailored around having social events like Magic night and Board Game night. It's ridiculous.

That's why people get into relationships, isn't it? So they have a default plus one for everything. None of this having to figure out who you can drag along to that thing you want to do.

Not really the reason why, but a pleasant side effect. I was really depressed for a while because of that though. I couldn't hang out with any of my friends because they all had significant others who they spent all of their time with. Inevitably, I'd have been the third wheel or if there was a group of us, someone would have to go do something for their partner or someone would be tired and then half the party would leave, leaving me again, the odd man out.

But, because of that, I became more used to doing things by myself. Going to the movies alone didn't bother me. I started to enjoy eating alone (I could sit where I wanted and catch up on the news). I would even frequent the local bookstore by myself when I ran out of things to read. It really is ok to be by yourself in public.

The main thing is to have something to do while you're there. Bring a newspaper to brunch, wear your mp3 player into the bookstore, watch the news while you eat. It's hard to care about the glances people give you while you're waiting for your omelette if you're reading about world politics.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1

Return to “General Discussion”