The Official Desert Bus IV thread!!!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Whomper
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Re: The Official Desert Bus IV thread!!!

Postby Whomper » 24 Dec 2010, 19:48

I can has hat!

Whomper - Get Equipped With

Still haven't obtained the posters yet, though...
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever." -Gandhi
Kaiserin
First Video: ENN

Postby Kaiserin » 23 Jan 2011, 09:41

Got my tshirt today! Rubber banded to a dvd my dad ordered from montreal. Apparently they hold canada post at the border until it reaches critical mass then send it all on at once.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 23 Jan 2011, 22:27

Got my shirt! Well, technically no. I listed the wrong shipping address, so the shirt is in Pennsylvania, and I am in Florida.

So no shirt for me until May. Unless my parents send it to me in a care package.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 24 Jan 2011, 04:55

the amativeness wrote:Got my shirt! Well, technically no. I listed the wrong shipping address, so the shirt is in Pennsylvania, and I am in Florida.

So no shirt for me until May. Unless my parents send it to me in a care package.

And if they don't send you a care package, then they clearly don't care about you at all. You may want to start interviewing prospective replacement parents as a back-up plan.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Ragepyro

Postby Ragepyro » 25 Jan 2011, 08:51

So I get home from uni today to find a mysterious package from Canada on my desk. Now, I had ordered the DB4 shirt on a spur of the moment decision, and was kinda bummed out about the shipping charge being really high, so about halfway through James' first shift, when it was just him and Paul, I asked if I could get something special because of the shipping. He said to email a certain address. I did.

I am now a lifelong fan.

Here's another picture, which Mr. Pig snuck into. (I think he was looking for minecraft or top gear):

The DB4 pin is now safely on my bag and the LRR business card next to the Tally's Treasury and CSToys ones.

Thanks guys! I'll be working on figuring out the signatures for a while, I got Alex, Tally, James and Kathleen, the rest I have no idea.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 25 Jan 2011, 11:02

Looks like the camera has been signed by G-Star. I am most jealous :P

Received my package recently as well, will be wearing this proudly during the next Desert Bus, and many times before that I'm sure.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 25 Jan 2011, 12:12

Got my shirt a couple days ago. I completely forgot that it came with a button, so I was about twice as excited as I should have been! :P
DoctorVancouver
First Video: Unskippable 01-Lost Planet

Postby DoctorVancouver » 26 Jan 2011, 01:01

I got my signed Boba Fett, IG-88 figures yesterday. Thanks a lot everybody. I look forward to the next Desert Bus, and hopefully I will be able to do more. Maybe even be on the island that year :D

"Play Minecraft, Watch Top Gear, Get Flag"
SammiRei
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby SammiRei » 29 Jan 2011, 10:46

The Tauren Lion Plushie arrived today, so major thanks to the creator: it's incredible quality and I'm now planning to level a Tauren Druid in WoW called Dbplushie in honour of it(my first ever Tauren character). Feral, naturally.
Thanks also to the LRR crew for throwing in a few extras (DBFH keychain and some of those rubber wristbands), which came as a complete surprise, but a very welcome one.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 29 Jan 2011, 11:53

Hope whoever bought my pictures likes them... this is always teh point where I start going "oh shit, they were not worth what those poor people paid"... but I hope they add +20 well decorated to your moodlet display (why yes I have been playing too much sims, thanks for noticing)
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 29 Jan 2011, 12:25

My Desert Bus t-shirt and Commadore Hustle DVD arrived the other day. And I got a button too! Thanks guys!

I was trying to explain the Desert Bus thing to another carer at work the other day, but they didn't get it, but they do think Child's Play is an awesome idea, so they told me they'd donate to that anyway.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Echi
First Video: CHustle

Postby Echi » 31 Jan 2011, 13:59

Yay! I was begining to lose hope, but my Iron Man Sketch card arrived today! Best kind of mail ever.

Mighty Magnus
First Video: Phailhaus - 26

Postby Mighty Magnus » 05 Feb 2011, 15:31

A moment of sheer happiness happened last week.

I was starting to get worried about my silent auction win of a Magic The Gathering, all foil Slivers premium deck, and was almost about to start throwing out e-mails (oh paranoid me).

The day before I was gonna send panic filled messages to Graham, a package turned up to my house....., a package of awesomeness!

My Slivers deck, plus SO MUCH SWAG!!! 6 LRR Desert Bus 2010 rubber bracelets, 3 LRR key-rings, 2 Loco Roco tags, a Desert Bus sew-on patch and an autograph from Graham, Paul, Matt, James, Kathleen, Alex, Tally, Jer and Morgan (plus a duck from Jer which I'm gonna say is Roscos signature :D ).

I cannot say just how happy I was to get all this (although I did start giggling like a school-girl, I'll admit that). The swag was excellent, but the autographs really mean a lot to me, it proves to my 'distrusting mind' that the LRR crew really exist, not just a figment of my fevered imagination or computer generated image of our robotic overlords.

Thank you crew, for these gifts, they will be honered and cherished.

I would have said all this at the time of getting all this, but I've been trying since then to find a camera that could give me a good enough picture to post, my phone won't send pictures, my Sony camera has now started buggering up and my iPod Touch really doesn't do good enough quality.
Life is not a race, it's a journey. Stop running, start enjoying.
Juliamon
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?

Postby Juliamon » 05 Feb 2011, 17:50

My DB package arrived this week (while I was on the other side of the country, dammit) so I too am among the relieved! Hooray!
brb, assaulting children.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 06 Feb 2011, 00:29

Hopefuly my DB stuff arrives soon. Also the DB shirt I ordered and the DVDs I ordered in October.
I are want packages.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 06 Feb 2011, 04:14

I may as well mention here that last week I received an envelope containing a note from Chemistring with instructions on how to contact her to create my custom 50/50 craft item. However, Tally got us in touch with each other via e-mail soon after the auction so my project is already well underway. :)

The envelope also contained a DB key-chain, rubber bracelets & a commemorative patch! Cool beans.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 06 Feb 2011, 09:47

Wow, that took a while. :shock: Aren't you glad you didn't have to wait until the card showed up to get this party started? :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”