The Official Desert Bus IV thread!!!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Chemistring

Re: The Official Desert Bus IV thread!!!

Postby Chemistring » 25 Nov 2010, 20:28

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I never left! I don't know why the forums die out when Desert bus is on... you all failed me! I actually had to do work instead of fluff around. I hope you are all happy!

But if I'm reading the forums, then I can't watch the feed and read the chat and check desertbus.org at the same time! I either need more monitors, or better multitasking skills, or both.
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 25 Nov 2010, 21:21

Man it feels straight up weird not having my favorite internet people to keep me up tonight.

Extra thanks to Graham for reading my thank you letter at the end, that made my year.
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 25 Nov 2010, 22:20

As they have been for the last four years, this Desert Bus was awesome! Thanks to everyone who donated, helped out and watched!
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Angnor
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Angnor » 25 Nov 2010, 22:22

My first Desert Bus, and what an experience. Thanks so much for a wonderful time! [For the Children!]
J. B. S. Haldane wrote:I have come to the conclusion that my subjective account of my motivation is largely mythical on almost all occasions. I don't know why I do things.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 25 Nov 2010, 22:35

Man, after almost a solid week, its weird to suddenly not have Desert Bus-related shenanigans around for me to tune into!

This year's events were just outright awesome in every way. Not only did you guys put on a wildly entertaining show, you also did some kickbus fund raising all around. And of course, massive kudos go to all the people that helped gather up such an astronomicaly high amount of donations!

Good show, ladies and gents, and I can't wait for next year's festivities!
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 25 Nov 2010, 22:46

So, I missed the end of this having been ushured home by Abraham Lincoln, so I wanna say a heartfelt congratulations and good job to everyone involved.

Especially my good buddy Snowfire; troll extraordinaire.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
taza
First Video: Max Effect

Postby taza » 25 Nov 2010, 22:49

Gordon Fearman wrote:So, I missed the end of this having been ushured home by Abraham Lincoln, so I wanna say a heartfelt congratulations and good job to everyone involved.

He's a troll extraordinaire despite all those other trolls you know?

Wow.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 25 Nov 2010, 23:10

Lord Chrusher wrote:As they have been for the last four years, this Desert Bus was awesome! Thanks to everyone who donated, helped out and watched!

Indeed, buddy, and your print is on it's way as soon as I can get it printed!
I'm taking the rest of this day off so this wild and crazy week can ride, and getting working, cleaning, and back to gym tomorrow.

oh my god, made of awesome.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
DoctorVancouver
First Video: Unskippable 01-Lost Planet

Postby DoctorVancouver » 25 Nov 2010, 23:41

This was my first Desert Bus and besides the unfortunate confusion that was cause I will definitely be back next year. Great job LRR you have made a fan for life.
Last edited by DoctorVancouver on 26 Nov 2010, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.

"Play Minecraft, Watch Top Gear, Get Flag"
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 25 Nov 2010, 23:54

taza wrote:
Gordon Fearman wrote:So, I missed the end of this having been ushured home by Abraham Lincoln, so I wanna say a heartfelt congratulations and good job to everyone involved.

Wow.

He's a troll with a heart of gold.

By which I mean literally he's replaced his heart with gold. Rich ass-bastard.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 26 Nov 2010, 00:02

Damn it i am starting to have drawbacks already... can you guys start another desertbus on Monday?... just to help kick the habbit you know, i can stop whenever i want to... and i don't
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 26 Nov 2010, 01:41

Seraphroy wrote:Soda, yes. All the time. Club soda (basically carbonated water), not so much.

Hm, ok. We call it "mineral water" over here and it is consumed in masses. Guess you have better tap water or something.
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 26 Nov 2010, 04:41

I can only drink non-carbonated wated, the carbonated water just has an awful taste.

That being said: Am I the only one whose first instinct it is when firing up the pc (or whatever you use) to open my browser and immediately go to the live feed. Even if I know it is down and I need to find something else for my entertainment?
Katholik
First Video: Worst Gay In the World

Postby Katholik » 26 Nov 2010, 06:09

Just woke up after a rather long sleep post DB(ended at 10am my time).

Simply amazing effort. I feel a bit empty now that it's over but look forward to next year and a whole bunch of videos on the way.

Ian and Cori were great! so good to know they're back for next year. Also a big fan of the girl with the short dark hair who was encouraging the slashfic late on the last night, somehow the only person in the moonbase whose name I managed to miss every time it was said apparently(and I felt kind of bad asking on chat 'Hey I've been watching you for days and you rock but uh, what's your name?').

Hopefully I'll be around this forum a fair bit this year as well, good luck to all the viewers and 'bussers for a good year.
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 26 Nov 2010, 07:18

Katholik wrote:Just woke up after a rather long sleep post DB(ended at 10am my time)....

...apparently(and I felt kind of bad asking on chat 'Hey I've been watching you for days and you rock but uh, what's your name?')...

I believe that was Kim (short hair and red coat). I've met her once in 2009. She's funny too. Not sure if she has an alias on this forum.

Same here and feeling the same withdrawal wanting to open the feed right away but knowing I'll have to wait for the next LRR video instead. I miss Alex being around here in Toronto.
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Thysane

Postby Thysane » 26 Nov 2010, 08:22

Sadly, I only got to see the first few days of play due to a severe lack of internet connection during the week. I may not have been around for so most of it, or even to see it end, but I like to think I was there in spirit.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 26 Nov 2010, 08:25

Yeah, Kim's on here as Interruptor Jones, but I'm not sure she posts much any more...

I'm missing the Bus too. :(

I'm so glad that caught so much of it this year, though. I can't remember much of last year's. :( I stayed up Friday through Saturday night, then Monday morning through Tuesday night and then Wednesday morning to just after the end of Desert Bus, with a few two or three hour long naps here and there, and surprisingly I'm not too bad for it.

SO MUCH awesome stuff happened, SO MANY hilarious memes, SUCH a good time. I really want to thank the crew for making this incredible thing happen, year after year. I want to be there next year to help out in person; mining in the prize-mines, singing and dancing, and crafting things to auction. :D
Katholik
First Video: Worst Gay In the World

Postby Katholik » 26 Nov 2010, 09:39

Danielle Pepin wrote:I believe that was Kim (short hair and red coat).

Thanks! good to know. Unsure if she wore a red coat at some point as clothes have kinda turned into a blur. The person I'm talking about had an olive t-shirt on right at the end(the only reason I remember that much is I watched the final busdown video posted elsewhere on the forum a couple of hours ago). I'm sure you have it right anyway.

She's funny too.

Well of course she is! that's why I'm a fan. I save my internet-pervey fandom for Morgan.
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 26 Nov 2010, 10:22

If any of the on-screen guests have websites, video series, and/or podcasts of their own, could somebody please post links here? A lot of LRR's friends were really funny during the event, so if they publish their own comedy material I'd like to check it out.
RAIC
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby RAIC » 26 Nov 2010, 11:16

Lisra wrote:
Seraphroy wrote:Soda, yes. All the time. Club soda (basically carbonated water), not so much.

Hm, ok. We call it "mineral water" over here and it is consumed in masses. Guess you have better tap water or something.

The Netherlands has one of the best filtered tap water in the world, it's actually better than every single mineral water/club soda you can buy in a store.
[/off-topic]
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 26 Nov 2010, 13:30

I feel sorry for LRR having so much shipping to do all the time and the inferior Canada Post. I ordered something from Alex ages ago and there were multiple attempts I think...still no signs of package so I feel like with that much shipping to do it must be an enormous headache even if most of it reaches it's destination. :|
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 26 Nov 2010, 13:50

MY 3RD DESERT BUS AND THE BEST IT WAS XD lol
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
Rai
First Video: Desert Bus Killed The Internet Star

Postby Rai » 26 Nov 2010, 13:53

This years Desert Bus was so epic, it took years off my life, rubbed awesomness ONTO those years, and gave them back.
The sword from your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Believe in it, and it shall defeat your greatest enemies.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 26 Nov 2010, 14:25

Rai wrote:This years Desert Bus was so epic, it took years off my life, rubbed awesomness ONTO those years, and gave them back.

QFFT! :mrgreen:
taza
First Video: Max Effect

Postby taza » 26 Nov 2010, 15:22

Gordon Fearman wrote:
taza wrote:

Wow.

He's a troll with a heart of gold.

By which I mean literally he's replaced his heart with gold. Rich ass-bastard.

So what you need to be an extraordinary troll you need to not troll? What? Is that meta-trolling or something?

Return to “General Discussion”