Bring them back you bastards!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Re: Bring them back you bastards!

Postby It's My Delorean » 19 Sep 2010, 14:09

You know, once you got past the art style, and the sometimes kiddish plots Transformers Animated wasn't too bad. Be nice to see a bit more of that.

And more Whose Line is it Anyway would be fantastic.
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 19 Sep 2010, 14:12

gcninja wrote:
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Dead.Like.Me.

YES! I was scrolling through like WHERE IS THIS?! DO I HAVE TO POST IT?!

This was a good show, I heard of it never watched it. Then I did and I heard there was only two seasons. It was good and needs MOAR. The movie was good, cept for daisy being gone... you know what i mean

The movie was shit, imo. They did it too fast, too soon and should have waited till Rube could be in it. It had such an awful and weak antagonist that at parts it was really hard for me to watch.

AND OMG YES TO WHO'S LINE!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 19 Sep 2010, 14:55

A new Star Trek would be good, if it were more like DS9 or TNG. IE, GOOD. Voyager was pretty...meh. And I agree with King Kool's assessment of Enterprise.

On the other hand, I'd like to see some new, good sci-fi. Don't get me wrong, I love Firefly/Star Trek/Reboot/etc, but bringing back old shows is kind of...over-done at the moment, and risks losing the spark that made them good in the first place. I want to see something new, something that tries to do something different, even if it doesn't work.

Although this is a thread about cancelled shows, so I guess I'll stick with my original answer: good Star Trek.
It's My Delorean
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 19 Sep 2010, 15:12

Gollom, I've always thought it would be neat to make a lego stop-motion show using this: http://www.brickfrenzy.com/?m=tribunal, or something like it.

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 19 Sep 2010, 15:35

I actually liked the first season of Enterprise. Or the second. Whatever came before the Xindi thing was cool. Then again, I can't remember how old I was, so factor that in.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 19 Sep 2010, 16:01

So I guess this isn't limited to shows that got canceled in their first few seasons... but would include shows that had their run, but for various reasons could have been better?

I'd like to see the Sixth and Seventh Doctors have their time with the current Doctor Who budgets. And we can get rid of the Sixth's ridiculous, horrible outfit. Put him in the blue coat instead of the rainbow one, or the black velvet Colin Baker had wanted.

I'd love to see the Fourth Doctor get the modern scripts/special effects, too. He'd be so fantastic...
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 19 Sep 2010, 16:02

I really didn't like the movie... The different Daisy was bad and Rube being gone was sad-making. <3 The show, though.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 19 Sep 2010, 16:09

AlexanderDitto wrote:So I guess this isn't limited to shows that got canceled in their first few seasons... but would include shows that had their run, but for various reasons could have been better?

I'd like to see the Sixth and Seventh Doctors have their time with the current Doctor Who budgets. And we can get rid of the Sixth's ridiculous, horrible outfit. Put him in the blue coat instead of the rainbow one, or the black velvet Colin Baker had wanted.

I'd love to see the Fourth Doctor get the modern scripts/special effects, too. He'd be so fantastic...

No, you don't get this one. Doctor Who was brought back. That's like me saying that I want somebody to reboot the Star Trek movies.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 19 Sep 2010, 17:14

Gordon Fearman wrote:I actually liked the first season of Enterprise. Or the second. Whatever came before the Xindi thing was cool. Then again, I can't remember how old I was, so factor that in.

I'll agree with you there - the pre-'grrr!dark!angst!' seasons actually had potential. But, sheeeeit; the Dominion War wasn't as bad as this! Season four had some moments of interest, but the post-war spectre still hung around like a bad fart, and by the time the smell cleared, it was clear that they were ending and had to clew up loose ends.

I'll join the pitchfork-and-torch-mob with Firefly and Reboot.

One I'd like to see at least given another season to at least conclude its storyline properly is Space: Above and Beyond.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 19 Sep 2010, 17:24

I...uh...

Wait, how'd you do that? I thought I was blocked. My brain is collapsing in on itself!

Anyway, back to the thing. See, the problem with the Xindi/post-Xindi period is that it was too much like Voyager. I mean, Archer pretty much became Janeway. He just wasn't any fun anymore. I mean, first he tried to suffocate that guy, he was always angry, and we never saw his dog anymore. It lost the spirit of The Original Series, which was to just have fun space adventures...in space. It lost it's way and became too wrapped up in drama. Trip having sex with T'pol shouldn't have been a focus of the series. I mean, TNG and TOS had sex, but it was always just implied. Everything just starts to suck when there are like 14 sex scenes in the season.

Then afterwards, when they had the chance, they don't get back to fun space adventures...in space. They do boring time adventures in the future...of space. And then Vulcans. Then blue guys, Vulcans, weird guys, and then Riker's there for some reason.

2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 19 Sep 2010, 17:34

Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Middleman
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 19 Sep 2010, 18:39

Hey guys, what's going on in this th-
Mister Fiend wrote:REBOOT
Oh, just Mr Fiend being awesome, as usual.

It's a shame the new movies are looking less and less possible all the time; I wish they'd just admit that the whole project fell through, and move on.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 19 Sep 2010, 19:20

Gordon Fearman wrote:No, you don't get this one.

Dawww.... shot down on the internet. Now, surely, my dreams will never come true.
It's My Delorean

Postby It's My Delorean » 19 Sep 2010, 19:23

I saw a Q&A on youtube where a Raimmaker higher up was talking about how they were trying to reach a wider audience, which probably means no wrap up to the cliffhanger. But what I don't get it what all this wider audience is about. All the adults were kids or college students when it was first on, no doubt they rememebr it and would see it just because it's reboot. And they'd probably take their kids to see it too. People who didn't watch it back then aren't likely to watch it now. Also I've there's a quick shot in a rainmaker video with a shot of the new Bob...he looks terrible.

DmitriW wrote:

Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 19 Sep 2010, 19:28

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Gordon Fearman wrote:No, you don't get this one.

Dawww.... shot down on the internet. Now, surely, my dreams will never come true.

Well, yes. But remember, reaching for the stars is stupid. Best case scenario, your hand gets horribly burned.

Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 19 Sep 2010, 19:43

It's My Delorean wrote:the cliffhanger.
They did a 'dubiously canon' webcomic that tied that up, if not totally neatly.
It's My Delorean wrote:there's a quick shot in a rainmaker video with a shot of the new Bob...he looks terrible.
Why does everyone assume that's Bob? The label only says 'Guardian 1.0', and if anything it looks more like Turbo. I don't think the old characters would be returning, anyway.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 19 Sep 2010, 20:04

"Dead last" It was abotu a terrible punk rock band that found a magic amulet that let them see ghosts, who bug the fuck outta them until they help them finish their business. If you take all the horrible shit from Medium and other terrible ghost shows, and then replace it with awesome stuff, it was Dead Last.

It had that Scruffy guy from Reaper and Sons of Tuscon in it.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 19 Sep 2010, 20:51

empath wrote:One I'd like to see at least given another season to at least conclude its storyline properly is Space: Above and Beyond.

You know, I looked that show up a while ago as I had fond memories of it from long ago. Turns out, it was terrible. An absolute pile of crap.

For me, I think just Firefly.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 19 Sep 2010, 22:21

Daria. Fuck she was awesome. I'd love to have seen more episodes of that series, but at the same time, I loved "Is It College Yet?" and the way they wrapped up the series. I just wish they had stretched it out more.

Pushing Daisies looked kinda dumb when I first saw ads for it, but after seeing the clips I've seen, I am so depressed that I never saw it.

Then there are some reality shows I wish had actually stayed around and done more seasons, like The Mole and Murder in Small Town X. The Mole was all spy themed, and there was always a question of who was sabotaging the group in the challenges. I'd have loved to be The Mole, because I think I'd be good at it.

Murder in Small Town X was a murder mystery show that started out with a family being murdered in their home and the bodies disappearing. They brought in a bunch of people from outside the town to solve the mystery and play the killers game. Every episode the killer would leave a black envelope and a red envelope someplace. In the red envelope, the killer would ask a question about the case so far, and if they got it right, he'd reveal one of the suspects as innocent. (I think there were 25 suspects, but 8 or 9 of them ended up getting killed off as part of the storyline.) Then, in the black envelope, the killer left two locations, and the team voted for one person to go out and check one place. That person got to choose who checked the other. They would drop them off at each location, and in one place, they would find a clue with a lavender wreath. At the other location, the killer waited for them and killed them off. In the end, the last two had to decide who they were going to investigate of the two remaining suspects from all of the clues they compiled. The one who investigated the right suspect won $1 million and a new car. (Interesting, yet sad, fact: the winner of the show, Angel, was a New York City firefighter who was later killed in the line of duty during 9/11.)
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Sep 2010, 04:49

Clone High?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 20 Sep 2010, 05:11

Lord Chrusher wrote:Clone High?

If it didn't ruin the likley intended irony that it was never supposed to finish I'd be all over this. Also it would give me an excuse to sing ~/o Way, way back in the 1980s secret government employees dug up famous guys and ladies and made amusing genetic copies. ~/o
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Sep 2010, 06:25

Undergrads!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Zyxst

Postby Zyxst » 20 Sep 2010, 06:42

Law and Order.
empath

Postby empath » 20 Sep 2010, 07:12

metcarfre wrote:
empath wrote:One I'd like to see at least given another season to at least conclude its storyline properly is Space: Above and Beyond.

You know, I looked that show up a while ago as I had fond memories of it from long ago. Turns out, it was terrible. An absolute pile of crap.

Sure it was totally unrealistic - multi-disciplinary assignments? Same soldiers piloting spacecraft one episode then ground-pounding the next? Whatever - I just wanna know why the fuck the 'Chigs' could speak Navajo... :)

Master Gunner wrote:Undergrads!

Yes. Again, to at least give it a chance to resolve unfinished storylines.

2stepz wrote:Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Middleman

:shock: Uhhhh...

*checks*

Oh! That one - yeah. (for some reason I thought you meant PitchMen :lol: )

Gordon Fearman wrote:I...uh...

Wait, how'd you do that? I thought I was blocked. My brain is collapsing in on itself!

Calm down. Try setting me as a 'foe' for a bit to test it out - one gets "this post is by <name of block-ee> click here to view", so one can look at what blocked people post if one chooses to.

I've got Bananafish 'filtered' this way because he'll often have a divergent non-sequitur that distracts me from the topic at hand - if I am in the mood, I can check it, but if I'm short on time, it keep me from drifting. :)

And as stated previously anything of a blocked person's that other people quote is still visibile. Also a blocked person's posts are visible in the Topic review pane of the Post Preview page - I was grabbing 2stepz post about 'middleman', and I saw you expressing confusion...

Anyway, back to the thing. See, the problem with the Xindi/post-Xindi period is that it was too much like Voyager. I mean, Archer pretty much became Janeway.

Aye, the big problem with Voyager is it wasn't so much about exploring as "getting home" - sure they met plenty of new races, discovered spacial phenomena, but there was always "Okay, how can they/it help us get home?" :(

He just wasn't any fun anymore. I mean, first he tried to suffocate that guy, he was always angry, and we never saw his dog anymore.

:shock: Oh...THAT'S IT!!! Enterprise's quality was dependent upon the prevalence of Porthos! (I was originally going to just have this as a joke, but it's actually starting to make sense...)

It lost the spirit of The Original Series, which was to just have fun space adventures...in space. It lost it's way and became too wrapped up in drama.

Archer stopped being an explorer and became a HUNTER. It was interesting, but totally different from what Enterprise had been up to this point, and alienated (heh) a lot of viewers with the radical tone change. And after the war, Archer still doesn't seem to get back to exploring, and becomes a diplomat, instead; also interesting, but again, not what people were looking for...

Then afterwards, when they had the chance, they don't get back to fun space adventures...in space. They do boring time adventures in the future...of space. And then Vulcans. Then blue guys, Vulcans, weird guys, and then Riker's there for some reason.

Apart from the Vulcan storyline - which was okay on its own - the 4th season was rushing to build the continuity for the later milieu: Archer helped found the Federation; so they had to run around and get the member races a) into the show and 2) have Archer wrangle agreements and peace treaties and shit. Not bad, but again - you hit the nail on the head:

Star Trek is supposed to be about "fun space adventures...of space".
Checky_Girl
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Checky_Girl » 20 Sep 2010, 07:43

It's been said already, but I'll say it again- Firefly. True that maybe if it went on too long it might lose it's spark, but I think it needed at least another season.

Also, (this is probably more directed to those who are In England), but that miniseries of Sherlock definitely deserved to be a proper show (although I've heard rumours that they're going to do more).

Return to “General Discussion”