The LRR Forum Rules of Etiquette

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

The LRR Forum Rules of Etiquette

Postby Kathleen » 29 Sep 2010, 14:45

Welcome to the LRR forums! They are a pretty fun place. We all know each other and get along well. That said, this is the internet, and sometime misunderstandings come up.

We don't have hard and fast rules here, but there 4 suggestions that everyone can follow to make sure they have a great time. They are in order of importance.

1. Politeness isn't a lost art in this forum. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Don't be a dick. Before you post - ask yourself: "is this stupid, or am I stupid?"

2. If someone's getting on your goat, talk it out! Pointed debates are great, but open hostility isn't welcome here. Don't be mean to new users because they don't know the rules - direct them here instead. Forums grow and stay exciting because of new users! Keep that in mind!

3. Proper spelling and grammar are REALLY important to us. Try as hard as you can to spell properly and use proper grammar. Text speak is hard to read and makes you look kind of silly. It's easier to read your posts and take you seriously if you're doing it right. If English isn't your first language, we'd be really glad to help you. People WILL give you polite feedback here if your writing is poor.

4. No matter how long someone has been here, you are not obligated to take their shit. Email me: [email protected] if it's something you can't fix through basic discourse. I will sort it out, but invoking me is rather like calling for a tactical nuclear strike because you're arguing over the last jello pudding cup. BE WARNED. (For a response more approximating a swift kick in the junk, feel free to contact Matt via Direct Message.)
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!

Return to “General Discussion”