The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Oct 2010, 06:39

Man, am I glad I got out of the grocery business.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 17 Oct 2010, 06:43

Sometimes I do or say certain things just to make someone respond. Usually, it's so I can argue with people.

Also, I realised the other day that I seek attention and appraisal because of my own doubt/paranoia/inadequacy complex, meaning that everything I've pursued has usually been with the end goal of fame.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 17 Oct 2010, 07:17

I volunteered to be the student congress representative of my undergrad's anime and gaming group despite having no experience in either one simply so I could get the president's name and number.
Ask me about the Steve Flaig Experience.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 17 Oct 2010, 07:35

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:I realised the other day that I seek attention and appraisal because of my own doubt/paranoia/inadequacy complex, meaning that everything I've pursued has usually been with the end goal of fame.

You have passed the test.

Welcome to your new life as a starving artist.

Also: Really? Examples?
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 17 Oct 2010, 08:36

WobblyTable wrote:I volunteered to be the student congress representative of my undergrad's anime and gaming group despite having no experience in either one simply so I could get the president's name and number.

Well, his name is Obama. I don't know his number, so when you get it, can you post it here?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 17 Oct 2010, 11:17

I really wasn't necessary to shoot his dog, too, but I felt it was at the time.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 17 Oct 2010, 19:36

I just really really want to fit somewhere. I just... don't. I don't "fit" at work, I don't "fit" my major. I don't even fit in with my family.

I think thats why I so despise being single. The only time, as an adult, that I feel like I've fit somewhere... was with a boyfriend. Yes, I realize that was mostly a romantic illusion and not reality, but it was a nice feeling for a while.

One day... one day.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Oct 2010, 19:56

I confess that I'm not a witch, bitch.

I also confess that as much as I loathe the Tea Party, this may be the best thing to come from those crackpots. Seriously, The Gregory Brothers are amazing with the auto-tune the news stuff, but come on, they need ore to make gold.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 17 Oct 2010, 19:58

No matter how I'm feeling, if you ask me "how are you?" I have to answer "I'm fine."
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 17 Oct 2010, 21:28

Gordon Fearman wrote:Well, his name is Obama. I don't know his number, so when you get it, can you post it here?

With all due respect to Mr. Obama, I would not volunteer work to get his phone number. I would, however, volunteer work for the phone number of hot, nerdy, red headed girl who was the anime club president.

I ended up working the gig for three years longer than I expected, but that's what I get for thinking with my dick. And hey, I learned to not do that. So I've got that down now, and it's probably been more useful than anything else I learned in undergrad.
Ask me about the Steve Flaig Experience.
Maerarde
First Video: An ENN episode, forgot which

Postby Maerarde » 17 Oct 2010, 22:23

I can sometimes not know I'm being annoying :(
My Little Pony <3

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: Well a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

www.1227.com = best
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 17 Oct 2010, 23:22

I don't get hangovers, I hate the taste of most beers, I used to be able to chug Jack Daniel's straight from the bottle at my last year of school but now that I'm in my final year of college, I can't do that like I used to.

I sometimes enjoy fighting. Not hammering the guy and making him submit. Just light sparring. I admit, sometimes a few accidents happen when I'm sparring with my usual partners and one or both of us gets a few bruises but nothing serious has ever come out of it. I especially love sparring with people stronger than me. I don't have strength. Speed is my greatest gift.

I don't work hard. I work smart. While people spend weeks and weeks writing a report and failing, I get it all done in 5 hours and get high praise for high quality work. It's something I take advantage of and something that WILL hinder me one day. But in my 3 years of college, it hasn't yet. I got my final year of studies next year. Maybe I'll get away with it or maybe I'll actually have to work as hard as everyone around me.

I'm also in music performance and production. So once again while everyone's working hard at being able to play the pieces, I'm able to read it from the sheet music and play it instantly. It also makes me agitated at some of the drummers that are WAY better than me in a free environment but just can't grasp basic reading.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 17 Oct 2010, 23:30

So your confession is that your better than everyone?

Confession 4 or is it 5: I have something real. Sorta real. I don't get drunk because I refuse to drink or alter my mind in anyway, really. But, I get really, really loopy when I get tired.

Like right now. See, right now I'm afraid the cockroach I found and transported outside in a discarded Starbucks cup is somehow clinging to my clothes and wants revenge on me for some reason!

Blimey, this is all sorts of not a confession.
Last edited by Gordon Fearman on 17 Oct 2010, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 17 Oct 2010, 23:33

Theremin wrote:
Mad Madam Mimm wrote:I realised the other day that I seek attention and appraisal because of my own doubt/paranoia/inadequacy complex, meaning that everything I've pursued has usually been with the end goal of fame.

You have passed the test.

Welcome to your new life as a starving artist.

Also: Really? Examples?

Everything. I learned to draw so I could be the next Quentin Blake. I learned to play guitar because I wanted to be a singer-songwriter, which later morphed into being the next Bill Bailey or Victoria Wood. I'm only doing Drama Studies now because I want it to result in being high up in one circle or another, be it stand-up performance circuit, backstage and directorial, or as a performer.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not enjoying it. It just struck me that it would be good to own up to the fact that my whole life has been a string of finding something I enjoy, committing to a level that means I'm good at it, and then sticking at it until such a point that an opportunity for... what's the word? Not "fame", but... "renown"? "appraisal"? "attention"? Either way, until such an opportunity prwesents itself that a lot of people will go "look at her, she's really good", and then i'll get to be on TV.

I'm aware this is by no means a unique confession, but I just want to put it out there.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 18 Oct 2010, 00:05

In other words, Mimm dear, you do things that you want people to recognize you on a national or international scale for. Right?
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 18 Oct 2010, 04:53

In other words, whether or not I like something comes second to whether or not it will get me noticed by people.

In other other words, I'm shallow :P

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Oct 2010, 06:39

Darkobra wrote:I sometimes enjoy fighting.

Darkobra's Location wrote:Scotland

Somehow, I doubt those are unrelated.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Oct 2010, 06:42

Sometimes, I'm glad it's so difficult to acquire firearms in this country.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Oct 2010, 08:22

Occasionally I still check the members list to see my standing in the post counts...

6666th post suckas!
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
goat

Postby goat » 18 Oct 2010, 09:06

I pretend that I am making friends with other people on the highway. Usually when they are following me or I am following them, but especially if someone does something nice (eg, lets someone into their lane) and then follows/is followed.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 18 Oct 2010, 10:02

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:In other words, whether or not I like something comes second to whether or not it will get me noticed by people.

In other other words, I'm shallow :P

Ah, kewl. :P

Enjoyment comes first for me, but attention and recognition is nothing if not a bonus.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 18 Oct 2010, 21:30

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Everything. I learned to draw so I could be the next Quentin Blake. I learned to play guitar because I wanted to be a singer-songwriter, which later morphed into being the next Bill Bailey or Victoria Wood. I'm only doing Drama Studies now because I want it to result in being high up in one circle or another, be it stand-up performance circuit, backstage and directorial, or as a performer.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not enjoying it. It just struck me that it would be good to own up to the fact that my whole life has been a string of finding something I enjoy, committing to a level that means I'm good at it, and then sticking at it until such a point that an opportunity for... what's the word? Not "fame", but... "renown"? "appraisal"? "attention"? Either way, until such an opportunity prwesents itself that a lot of people will go "look at her, she's really good", and then i'll get to be on TV.

I'm aware this is by no means a unique confession, but I just want to put it out there.

Have you ever read the Iliad? Because you seem to have very Homeric ambitions - you seek what the Greeks call time (imagine there's an accent on the 'e'), which roughly translates as honour, or acclaim. You want to succeed not just for the sake of success, but so that other people might see that you've succeeded.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 18 Oct 2010, 21:36

Disclaimer: Do not read the Iliad if you do not want to read twenty pages of lists of every soldier in each army, along with who their fathers, grandfathers, and uncles were.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 18 Oct 2010, 21:41

nothing of value will be lost if you skip book 2
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
TeamKill
First Video: CH s01e04

Postby TeamKill » 19 Oct 2010, 20:48

I am afriad of strangers, and just suck at making new friends.

I mean once I make a friend I'm fine, but initial the initial ackwardness stops me from speaking to much of anyone.

Also, sometimes I buy things just because I want people to be jealous, only sometimes.
WAT

Return to “General Discussion”