The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby MotorWaffle » 18 Jun 2013, 05:18

I saw This is the End this weekend and thought it was mediocre at best.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 20 Jun 2013, 21:03

I got a hug from a coworker when I gave her a copy of The Matrix.

I don't get a lot of hugs.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 21 Jun 2013, 15:54

I get the same feeling of cognitive dissonance from loving shows like Extra Credits, StripSearch and Checkpoint despite them being on Penny Arcade as I do from loving Fringe despite it being on Fox.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 22 Jun 2013, 01:26

Even if Mike doesn't hate people for their gender expression, and even if that one person who e-mailed him said his particular was of viewing it was fine, I still think it's somewhat transphobic, and I still feel sick.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Koyote042
First Video: Phailhaus.. one of the early ones.

Postby Koyote042 » 01 Jul 2013, 19:23

I have an almost uncontrollable hatred towards humanity. I feel I need to talk to someone aboot my issues.
(See how I cleverly squeezed in a Canada joke there?)
Eschew obfuscation.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 Jul 2013, 01:39

I recommend a thick coating of fire.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 04 Jul 2013, 21:25

There is a moment at the beginning of Despicable Me 2 that is so cute, I almost cried.
a winner is you. - Ash
LogicSword

Postby LogicSword » 04 Jul 2013, 23:05

I did cry, if it's the moment I'm thinking of.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 05 Jul 2013, 13:27

I have a story that should be discussed, Ah well.s
Nothing to see here.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 15 Jul 2013, 10:41

In a statement that will surprise...probably no one here; I have some anger issues. I don't think my triggers are that unreasonable; I get mad over things that I think any decent person should get mad over. The problem is that when I see/experience them, I can't just let them go/let them slide. More on that in a bit. I don't really think that I excise my issues in particularly unfair ways; IE, I never get physical, nor do I often say things that later makes me feel like I stepped too far over the line. In short, I'm angry, and I'm overly sarcastic, but I don't feel like I'm unnecessarily abusive.

My problem boils down to me feeling like one of the world's biggest problems is apathy. I feel like the reason there are so many injustices is that no one gives a crap. By extension, I feel like if you see something wrong, and you fail to give a crap yourself, you're part of the problem. And part of me feels like if I say something, if I bring up a logical counter-argument, maybe SOMEONE will read it, and not be convinced by whatever stupid argument I'm arguing against.

The trouble is that this manifests itself in stupid, pointless, futile ways. Particularly on the internet. I can't just see something messed up, shake my head and move on. That's what I should do. And the logical part of my mind knows this. The logical part of my mind says

"dude, look, you saying something about this on the internet is going to do nothing. The person that posted this is probably not even going to see your comment, and even if they do, if they actually think something like this, what are the odds they're even going to spend any time considering your words? You're not going to get a rational debate, and even if you do, you've been around long enough to know that no matter how definitively a debate ends, the other person's not going to change their mind. You could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that what they're saying is factually inaccurate, they're not going to change their mind, and a week later, you're going to be right back here, doing the same thing. And what have you accomplished in all this time? You've been doing this since Usenet. You haven't made the world a better place, you've just gotten yourself banned from forums and alienated from the decent people as well as the morons."

I know all this. I do. And in the meantime, I'm wasting my time writing up responses to this stupid stuff, which gets me nowhere. Even when people I really like say something stupid, I feel the need to pip up. I try to be as respectful and non-hostile as I can in such circumstances, although a lot of times, I fail and the sarcasm comes out (I don't get personal and mean, but I do get snarkier than I probably need to. Anyone who's been on this forum for a few years knows what I mean).

I just...I don't know how to just let it go. I don't know how to just let something bad slide, without feeling like "I let it happen" (which is stupid, because even if I say something, it's not like I magically "stopped it" from happening). I keep coming up with these rules, like "you are not allowed to read the comment section." And "you are not allowed to respond to stupid people's posts anywhere but on your own blogs/media feeds. And I'll stick to them for a week or two and then see something face-palmerific and go "OMGWTFBBQ" and then just...well..."Wraith" all over the bastard. It probably all comes from being a bullied kid and feeling like I never got justice back then, and the other kids always got away with their crap, so now I feel like I can't let anyone get away with anything. I dunno. Self-diagnoses are never impartial, so can't be seen as too reliable, but that's all I can come up with.

So yea, that's my confession.
-Wraith
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 16 Jul 2013, 20:29

Here's a good one.

When I was in a pizzeria yesterday, I actually saw about a half-hour of a reality show I wouldn't mind watching. You can guess at what the common threads might be, but this is the first "reality show" of this kind I've reacted positively to since they canceled "Ace of Cakes."
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 06 Sep 2013, 20:54

A new one!

I just watched Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure.

I might have loved it.

Why is a movie for five-year-old girls entertaining me so much? I'm smiling the entire time I'm watching it.
a winner is you. - Ash
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 06 Sep 2013, 22:28

Something happened at the LRR PAX panel, and I don't know what it is. And that scares me. I don't like uncertainty. I wish they'd just reveal it so I could be excited or disappointed or whatever I'm going to be and stop worrying about it.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 07 Sep 2013, 00:13

I'm in love with Natasha.

It's going to make me unhappy.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 08 Sep 2013, 07:35

I often feel scared when I work night shifts at work. And when I imagine telling someone that I feel scared, I imagine their reaction and for some reason the hypothetical response I imagine is very critical. In the end, I feel childish and incompetent, and I'm still not sure if I am right or wrong in feeling fear in the first place.

For clarification, I will continue to work night shifts because someone needs to and because the fear doesn't get in the way of my doing my job. I am still very capable of doing all the work-related things I need to do despite my fear.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 08 Sep 2013, 08:05

Sometimes, for no real reason, I will take a random sentence someone just said or I just thought of and turn it into the chorus of a '70s theme song. It feels RIGHT, OK?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 11 Sep 2013, 22:20

When I start to rethink an embarrassing situation or begin to hate myself for one reason or another, I yell at myself. I don't do it when around other people because I'd look insane. But it's not uncommon for me to just scream at myself in the car to shut up.
LogicSword

Postby LogicSword » 12 Sep 2013, 01:19

I don't yell at myself, I just tell me I hate myself.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 Sep 2013, 03:26

Kapol wrote:When I start to rethink an embarrassing situation or begin to hate myself for one reason or another, I yell at myself. I don't do it when around other people because I'd look insane. But it's not uncommon for me to just scream at myself in the car to shut up.

I don't yell, I... well 'twitch' is my name for it. Little spasmodic jerk, usually accompanied by a wince or single-syllable word. I do this in public too, because people already know I'm a little odd upstairs.

LogicSword wrote:I don't yell at myself, I just tell me I hate myself.

Brohug?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
LogicSword

Postby LogicSword » 23 Sep 2013, 09:46

I'm really struggling to get into any books at the minute. Whenever I try to read a book, I just can't get into the world or just don't find it interesting or whatever. I'm not sure if it's my attention span going or if it's just a case of not reading books I find particularly enjoyable but it's quite irritating nonetheless.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 23 Sep 2013, 09:50

I'm actually in a similar boat. I've gotten anywhere from a few chapters in to halfway through the last four or five books I've picked up, but I just can't seem to get invested enough to finish them.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 23 Sep 2013, 11:55

To slightly lighten the mood: I pooped my pants today. Yes, you should laugh. It is funny and I'm not really embarrassed because I'm sick and I feel that justifies it. I sneezed really hard and it just happened. I excused myself and went home to change clothes. I am just glad I can set my own schedule at work and I didn't have any court today.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
NebulosDisconcertion
First Video: Pony Time

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 23 Sep 2013, 12:47

Once I was leaving a McDonald's (which is a confession in itself for some people) and I felt like my hands could be cleaner. Someone had left an apparently unused napkin underneath their empty cup of coffee on an unoccupied table. I moved the coffee, took the napkin and wiped my hands, then threw the napkin out.

Except when I picked up the cup of coffee it was full.
Sorry I stole your napkin, random person.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Sep 2013, 14:07

Laurnil wrote:To slightly lighten the mood: I pooped my pants today. Yes, you should laugh. It is funny and I'm not really embarrassed because I'm sick and I feel that justifies it. I sneezed really hard and it just happened. I excused myself and went home to change clothes. I am just glad I can set my own schedule at work and I didn't have any court today.

I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, which has the interesting side-effect (among other things) of making me really, REALLY need a dump after going out for a run. I have come mighty close to self-soiling in the past, although I'm able to control it better now.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 23 Sep 2013, 15:04

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:
Laurnil wrote:To slightly lighten the mood: I pooped my pants today. Yes, you should laugh. It is funny and I'm not really embarrassed because I'm sick and I feel that justifies it. I sneezed really hard and it just happened. I excused myself and went home to change clothes. I am just glad I can set my own schedule at work and I didn't have any court today.

I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, which has the interesting side-effect (among other things) of making me really, REALLY need a dump after going out for a run. I have come mighty close to self-soiling in the past, although I'm able to control it better now.

I have IBS, too. I've cut out fast food, dairy, Mexican, Italian, tomatoes, greasy food, and really heavy grains.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle

Return to “General Discussion”