The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Theremin » 12 Oct 2010, 12:51

I secretly don't think that 'chefette' is a word, but I'm too polite to say anything.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 12 Oct 2010, 12:56

I immediately regret making that last confession on the grounds that the aforementioned favourite chefette will inevitably read it...ruining my deception...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 12 Oct 2010, 13:39

I'm Amish, and I'd like to confess that I regularly use and enjoy the Internet! ;)

I remember a radio morning show that had the same sort of thing - 'confess your little secrets' day - and it went REALLY wrong really quickly (people confessing really serious things like illegitimate children, embezzlement, betrayal, etc.) when all they wanted was fun little things (like something similar to the above). Here's hoping this works out better.

For reals, mine is related to Z's - I want to provide for her such that she doesn't have to work; she CAN stay home if she chooses. I want to pay off all those debts and somehow get a little college fund set up for my step-daughter, and so on...

...and the big confession is that I'm starting to seriously consider breaking the law to do so. :|

The old "lie, steal, beg, kill and die for her" line really describes it well.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 12 Oct 2010, 14:30

Really? Kill? Alright, then.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 12 Oct 2010, 14:36

Sometimes I go through times where I wish I was more girly. I actually watch "What Not To Wear", "Canada's Next Top Model" and watch how-to make-up videos on youtube to try and learn what I'm "supposed" to do.
Last edited by Tapir12 on 12 Oct 2010, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 12 Oct 2010, 14:45

Canada had a first top model?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 12 Oct 2010, 14:49

When I was a kid my mom got pissed that I broke a glass and the next day I broke another one by accident and got really scared. So I put it in a plastic bag, snuck out at like 10PM and threw the bag in some brush behind the garage like I was hiding a corpse.

That was like 10 years ago, it's probably still there.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Oct 2010, 15:55

I enjoy interior decorating shows.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 12 Oct 2010, 16:18

I once caved in the roof of a car by jumping and throwing my body on it. I did this because I was REALLY fucked up on drugs.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 12 Oct 2010, 16:26

I think it would be dangerously easy for me to become an alcoholic.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 12 Oct 2010, 16:37

My primary sources of motivation are the approval of others and my own autistic obsessiveness. Without one or both of them I'd get nothing done ever.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 12 Oct 2010, 17:20

I don't know... I think admitting anything of a sexual nature would be... more inappropriate than the other stuff I post on this site... Ummm, I also like interior design shows (yeah HGTV!) And I kinda like Evanescence... yeah.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 12 Oct 2010, 17:57

I'm an obsessive impulse buyer.

I don't buy things on impulse(ok I do), I see something I'd want, obsess about it, THEN buy it.

...Impulse -> obsession -> purchase.

Sometimes, though, I obsess so long I get bored before buying or convince myself out of buying.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
goat

Postby goat » 12 Oct 2010, 18:51

metcarfre wrote:I think it would be dangerously easy for me to become an alcoholic.

I'm almost in the same boat, except I get hungover enough (and not just "ohh my head", but a whole slew of other effects) that I keep a very close eye on how much I consume and how frequently.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 12 Oct 2010, 19:23

My problem is I have to cross over into alcohol poisoning territory (happened, twice [not properly diagnosed]) before I feel serious ill effects. A bottle of wine plus whisky or a dozen heavy beers is not a problem for me to handle on a casual night.

Fortunately I usually only drink heavily with other people, and rarely at that.
Jack
First Video: The Joystique or Unskippable

Postby Jack » 12 Oct 2010, 20:10

I used to be a troll on GameFAQS.

I'll get more later, maybe.
What are you looking at.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Oct 2010, 22:37

Bananafish wrote:When I was a kid my mom got pissed that I broke a glass and the next day I broke another one by accident and got really scared. So I put it in a plastic bag, snuck out at like 10PM and threw the bag in some brush behind the garage like I was hiding a corpse.

That was like 10 years ago, it's probably still there.
When I was grade-school age I drank a Dr. Pepper from a six-pack of bottles when I wasn't supposed to. Placing the empty bottle back in the carton to be recycled would show that it had been consumed so I hid the evidence by moving a cinder block from up against the back of the house, placing the bottle where the block was, then replacing the block, crushing the glass bottle underneath it.

Once the rest of the six-pack had been drunk, the bottles were never recycled. The five of them remained in a forgotten corner of the kitchen. Shortly thereafter most soda distributors switched to plastic bottles & then the glass six-pack was viewed as a potential future collector's item, so again it remained in the house, ever a reminder of my deception; the truth twisted like a knife now & then by an occasional remark by a parent wondering where that last bottle was. It remained under the cinder block for more than 20 years, until both the shards & part of the block slowly sunk into the soft earth.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 13 Oct 2010, 01:00

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I can cook, quite well in fact if only in comparison to my housemates these past 2 years, and I actually quite enjoy cooking meals, I just prefer to feign ignorance so I can cook with my favourite chefette.

Feigning ignorance only gets you mocked in this household, dear.

"I don't know how to chop onions". Phah.
Why don't you tell them your other secret? The one about peggle...

Anyway... Like tapir and Kathleen, sometimes I would like to scootch back a couple of decades to being an un-liberated woman. Or... not even that really, more... I mean, I'm not manly enough to be a tomboy any more. Used to be a tomboy, but puberty kind of took that away from me. And I suck at doing girly things. I legitimately don't understand fashion or make-up, and the other day I went to an underwear sale in marks and spencers with a friend. She was picking through going "ooh, aren't they cute", but I couldn't have felt more out of place if I'd tried. Apparently my usual response to underwear shopping of "run in, head-down, grab the nearest five-pack of pants and a bra that's in my size and doesn't look like it belongs to a granny, pay, and leave isn't correct.

I just... sometimes, I feel quite strongly that I wish I was more stereotypical. I'm not girly, but I'm not a tomboy. I'm not even androgynous. And none of the recurring female stereotypes seem to fit. I'm not the traditional geek girl, I'm not a cheerleader, I'm not a prude, i'm not a slut... I seem to have spent my teenage years carving out my unique niche, which is fine, but sometimes I get the very strong feeling that I don't have a name for what I am, and life might be better if I was in one of the other groups.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 13 Oct 2010, 01:56

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:I can cook, quite well in fact if only in comparison to my housemates these past 2 years, and I actually quite enjoy cooking meals, I just prefer to feign ignorance so I can cook with my favourite chefette.

Feigning ignorance only gets you mocked in this household, dear.

"I don't know how to chop onions". Phah.
Why don't you tell them your other secret? The one about peggle...

Anyway... Like tapir and Kathleen, sometimes I would like to scootch back a couple of decades to being an un-liberated woman. Or... not even that really, more... I mean, I'm not manly enough to be a tomboy any more. Used to be a tomboy, but puberty kind of took that away from me. And I suck at doing girly things. I legitimately don't understand fashion or make-up, and the other day I went to an underwear sale in marks and spencers with a friend. She was picking through going "ooh, aren't they cute", but I couldn't have felt more out of place if I'd tried. Apparently my usual response to underwear shopping of "run in, head-down, grab the nearest five-pack of pants and a bra that's in my size and doesn't look like it belongs to a granny, pay, and leave isn't correct.

I just... sometimes, I feel quite strongly that I wish I was more stereotypical. I'm not girly, but I'm not a tomboy. I'm not even androgynous. And none of the recurring female stereotypes seem to fit. I'm not the traditional geek girl, I'm not a cheerleader, I'm not a prude, i'm not a slut... I seem to have spent my teenage years carving out my unique niche, which is fine, but sometimes I get the very strong feeling that I don't have a name for what I am, and life might be better if I was in one of the other groups.

your problem is that you're too awesome. How is this a confession? :P

You're a 'Mimm', which is much better than being all of the things you listed. The grass may look greener, but ultimately when you get there it's bland and not all that interesting. Your grass may not look like much, but it's probably better than what most people are snacking on.

Ok this metaphor is getting weird.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 13 Oct 2010, 03:31

I can't go into the venting thread, 'cause it's too sad :(
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 13 Oct 2010, 04:49

@Fish:

See, that's the thing. It's not like I think the grass is greener, it just seems that, if you have a nice pair of labelled blinkers, it doesn't occur to you that there's another "what if". It's like... I'd rather be taking the multiple choice version of life than the written exam. Does that make sense?
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 13 Oct 2010, 06:53

You feel like life would be easier if you had some kind of clique or vague stereotype you could sometimes ascribe to?
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 13 Oct 2010, 09:29

...I like Spiderman a lot.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 13 Oct 2010, 09:32

How is that bad? I mean Spiderman's cool. Not as cool as Batman...

theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 13 Oct 2010, 09:44

LIES!

And it means I spend a lot of money on spiderman things.

Like this poster.

And this bust.

And these games.

And I want comics.

And I talk about it a lot.

Return to “General Discussion”