Ahhhhhhh

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Bananafish

Ahhhhhhh

Postby Bananafish » 07 Nov 2010, 08:09

hhhhhhhhhh

Alleged hit-and-run driver may not face felony

Erzinger, an Arrowhead homeowner, is a director in private wealth management at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in Denver. His biography on Worth.com states that Erzinger is “dedicated to ultra high net worth individuals, their families and foundations...”

Milo suffered spinal cord injuries, bleeding from his brain and damage to his knee and scapula, according to court documents. Over the past six weeks he has suffered “disabling” spinal headaches and faces multiple surgeries for a herniated disc and plastic surgery to fix the scars he suffered in the accident.

“He will have lifetime pain,” Haddon wrote. “His ability to deal with the physical challenges of his profession — liver transplant surgery — has been seriously jeopardized.”

“Felony convictions have some pretty serious job implications for someone in Mr. Erzinger's profession, and that entered into it,” Hurlbert said. “When you're talking about restitution, you don't want to take away his ability to pay.”

Rather than stop and call 911, or otherwise seek help for Dr. Milo, Erzinger fled the scene and called the Mercedes auto assistance service for help with his broken side mirror.

Prosecutors pleaded the case down to a misdemeanor later in the summer, then in August told Milo and his attorneys that Erzinger would face a felony charge, Haddon wrote.

But on Sept. 7, Brostrom told County Court Judge Katharine Sullivan that the case would be pleaded as a misdemeanor. That's the first time Milo or his attorneys had heard of it, Haddon wrote, and they protested “in the strongest possible terms,” Haddon wrote.

Prosecutors plead it down to a misdemeanor but told the victim (the guy literally crippled from pain) that it would still be a felony.

holy

shit.
Bananafish

Re: Ahhhhhhh

Postby Bananafish » 07 Nov 2010, 08:10

Rather than stop and call 911, or otherwise seek help for Dr. Milo, Erzinger fled the scene and called the Mercedes auto assistance service for help with his broken side mirror.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 07 Nov 2010, 08:33

That duchebag Erzinger needs to be fucked up the ass with a two foot long, serrated dildo. :evil:
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 07 Nov 2010, 09:43

The Jester wrote:That duchebag Erzinger needs to be fucked up the ass with a two foot long, serrated dildo. :evil:

I disagree he should be fucked gently with a chainsaw.
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 07 Nov 2010, 10:18

fucked with reasonable enthusiasm, with a telephone pole.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 07 Nov 2010, 10:38

Why is this a surprise? The Simpson trial, over ten years ago now, proved that money buys "innocence" in the eyes of the judicial system.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 07 Nov 2010, 14:31

Well, I'm annoyed that B-fish keeps frustrating himself by bringing up these outrage-inducing articles; oh, how I long for the day he becomes as cynical and jaded as me. :)

If I had any power whatsoever, I'd see about starting a judicial investigation on that District Attorney, at best questioning his competence since he seems to understand neither his job nor the distinction between criminal and civil court (heck just watch Bravo for more than ten minutes and he'll get a yelled reminder from Sam Waterson)

...but of course, I don't, so MEH; yet another rich white guy gets away with a serious crime - this is hardly NEWs; more like 'the same old, same olds'.

Wake me when you have something other than that broken record of injustice, willya? (like, I don't know...any ideas on how to right the aforementioned wrongs?)

But since everyone else seems to be offering valid suggestions to 'The Bureau of Cosmic Justice", I think Erzinger should have his license permanently revoked, nationwide.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 07 Nov 2010, 18:00

2stepz wrote:Why is this a surprise? The Simpson trial, over ten years ago now, proved that money buys "innocence" in the eyes of the judicial system.

i'm just surprised we're not even hiding it anymore + i'm eagerly awaiting the day when the hyper-wealthy can roam the cities decapitating the homeless for sport.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 07 Nov 2010, 18:01

So long as it's on ESPN.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 07 Nov 2010, 18:06

i thought i was immune to this by now but this actually made me kind of mad irl so I don't know, whatever.

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=53321

WASHINGTON, Oct 28, 2010 (IPS) - Past U.S. inmates and prison staff in electronic waste recycling programmes face serious health risks after officials willfully violated health, safety and environmental laws, a new report has found.

An investigation by the Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) shows that e-waste health hazards were known, but concealed by prison industry officials. In one instance, officials disabled a factory's fire alarm system for three years so that it would not be set off by clouds of toxic dust.

. . .

"In the long tradition of prison labour, these operations employed inmates with hammers but instead of rocks they were breaking computer components with no containment or protective equipment," said PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch.

"Coated in toxic dust, prison staff and inmates worked for years, in many cases trailing heavy metals back to their homes and cellblocks," he said.

. . .

She noted that, "Prisons do not allow unannounced OSHA [Occupational Health and Safety Administration] inspections, and the inmates don't have all the same rights as workers as private sector employers. Plus, UNICOR's e-waste operations undermine the private recyclers, who can't compete with a company that only pays $1.23 per hour and no insurance or worker's compensation."

this is the prison system of a first world country if you can't tell
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 07 Nov 2010, 18:07

Sorry I gotta stop it's been a long day holy shit sorry
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 07 Nov 2010, 18:23

Dude it's cool. The fact you post these articles shows you are passionate. Passionate about how justice should be carried out and how it typically is. By posting these articles you help spread the messages within a bit farther and expose them to more people. I enjoy taking a look at these controversial threads when you post them. Although I try and avoid posting so I don't get myself into any heated arguments. So keep on keeping on Bananafish! Expose the injustices in the world that we might recognize them in our daily lives.
^( " )^
winner!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 07 Nov 2010, 18:47

"Recognizing that you have a problem is the first step to recovery" may be true, but it's still just the first step...
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 07 Nov 2010, 19:45

That only works if what you have is actually a problem.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 07 Nov 2010, 22:51

I think he was referring to the American justice system, Fearman, not to Bananafish, but I'm not sure.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 08 Nov 2010, 10:37

Or to America in general.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Taisaku86
First Video: Unskippable, most likely

Postby Taisaku86 » 08 Nov 2010, 11:01

Honestly this doesn't surprise me that much, which is probably a sign that I've become pretty cynical.
Anyone watch the Philip DeFranco show? His "Douchebag of the Day" segments could often put this to shame, I'm sad to say. Some people are just scum.
Taisaku solves his problems with a chainsaw
And he never has the same problem twice

Return to “General Discussion”