Desert Bus is over! What are you doing that you put off?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

What now?

Time with family/Thanksgiving
5%
Reading
6%
Movies
2%
Video Games
21%
Work/School
25%
Writing/NaNoWriMo
5%
Sleep
23%
Masturbation
14%

Total votes: 111
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Re: Desert Bus is over! What are you doing that you put off?

Postby iamafish » 25 Nov 2010, 21:14

watching the ashes and tweeting about it copiously.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 25 Nov 2010, 21:33

|i'm now going to go back to procastinating over my english course, by watching DS9.
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 25 Nov 2010, 21:39

That was one sexy desert bus. Already started work on my desert bus for hope 4 memorial posters, mainly involving what is shaping up to me an EPIC tryptic (will post as things evolve, but this one will have all the powers I gained making the last one plus more, I'm aiming to blow myself out of the water, take that, past me!)

As for putting stuff off... mostly sleep, cleaning and some school (read animation and short film) work, and a lot of exercise (I'm at 50 lbs of weight loss since June). Now to get back to them! Man though, what a time! and may I add:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Octopimp R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

God damn do I have some cartoons to make.
Last edited by epocalypse on 25 Nov 2010, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 25 Nov 2010, 21:42

Also, I've been spending time wondering about meme origins that started during times when I wasn't able to watch. "Piggy"? "Team Kroze"? etc.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
CreapyDoll31
First Video: Underpantaloons

Postby CreapyDoll31 » 25 Nov 2010, 21:47

I am spending my time without DBFH waiting for Next Years DBFH 5 I need to start saving so i can bid more !!!!!
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 25 Nov 2010, 21:51

Jillers wrote:Apparently I was also putting off coming onto the forums for about.... months...

Yeeeah...um, hi, forums...! *awkward wave* :lol:;
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 25 Nov 2010, 21:59

DmitriW! Welcome back. Yes, it is really happening ;)
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 25 Nov 2010, 22:25

I -still- can't believe it, Jim. :P
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Angnor

Postby Angnor » 25 Nov 2010, 22:26

CreapyDoll31 wrote:I am spending my time without DBFH waiting for Next Years DBFH 5 I need to start saving so i can bid more !!!!!

Even starting to save now I'm not sure I can afford most of those auctions...
J. B. S. Haldane wrote:I have come to the conclusion that my subjective account of my motivation is largely mythical on almost all occasions. I don't know why I do things.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 25 Nov 2010, 23:23

Angnor wrote:
CreapyDoll31 wrote:I am spending my time without DBFH waiting for Next Years DBFH 5 I need to start saving so i can bid more !!!!!

Yeah... you better get rich quick.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Lorennar
First Video: Unskippable episode 1

Postby Lorennar » 25 Nov 2010, 23:32

Catching up on media and finding out what day it is. On the topic of "piggy" it was asked during a call in how their pig was and the chat ran with it. #teamashton #teamkroze was a duel between Aston and Kroze to see who could announce the auctions in chat better. #teamashton shirts were made and Wil Wheaton joined team Kroze. Personally I fall on #teamaristotle and #teamroscoe because honestly one is a philosopher kitty made of cute and the other is the result of two wizards and a comet. No BID_ is going to step to that. enjoy. ~t

p.s. Also working to reestablish what is "acceptable people watching."
Deceptive Sunrise
1 part Drambuie
2 parts Ginger Ale
Splash of cranberry juice
Dance
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 26 Nov 2010, 00:06

Jillers wrote:
Angnor wrote:

Yeah... you better get rich quick.

You know, I have a goal, or maybe it's more of a dream, in life, that one day, in the future, at, oh, I don't know... DBFH 20, I'll have made enough money in my life, to, at the moment the final hour of desert bus starts, look at the donation total... and donate the same amount in a single go. And then just watch as true, lovecraftian levels of booray take over a room of people who realize that they'll be there even longer. Awe, dreams...
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby teambates » 26 Nov 2010, 00:14

Posting on the LRR forums. :V I hadn't really checked in for a while before Desert Bus.
Lorennar
First Video: Unskippable episode 1

Postby Lorennar » 26 Nov 2010, 01:14

Epocalypse I share your dream and perhaps one day by our powers combined we can make that total x3. I'm not sure what would be better, the number suddenly jumping from say this year's 200k to 600k or jumping to 400k and letting them calm down just a bit before it happened again. Sustained assault or instant mind break. Sadly as much as the sheer level of the donations would surely shatter minds the hours become so expensive at that point that even with such donation we couldn't do much more than another day if that. But ah to dream the good dreams at least. enjoy. ~t
Deceptive Sunrise
1 part Drambuie
2 parts Ginger Ale
Splash of cranberry juice
Dance
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 26 Nov 2010, 01:17

Lorennar wrote:Catching up on media and finding out what day it is. On the topic of "piggy" it was asked during a call in how their pig was and the chat ran with it. #teamashton #teamkroze was a duel between Aston and Kroze to see who could announce the auctions in chat better. #teamashton shirts were made and Wil Wheaton joined team Kroze. Personally I fall on #teamaristotle and #teamroscoe because honestly one is a philosopher kitty made of cute and the other is the result of two wizards and a comet. No BID_ is going to step to that. enjoy. ~t

p.s. Also working to reestablish what is "acceptable people watching."
Ok, cool. Thanks!

I just noticed the "$49,470,875,350" meme on the Desert Bus website. Did that come from a typo on the Escapist? How did Wil Wheaton come into it?
wolfflight
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby wolfflight » 26 Nov 2010, 04:45

Withdral sucks! X|

Caught up on sleep now, slept about 10 hours. Stayed up way to late almost every night.
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 26 Nov 2010, 04:51

Coping with withdrawals, I still open the live feed as one of the first things I do, hoping that they will be back.

And I caught up on some much needed sleep. I functioned on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day and a lot of energy drinks during desert bus. It also didn't help me being sick so I am also getting some rest so I can actually go back to work next week.

And there will probably be more gaming for me :)
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 26 Nov 2010, 06:04

Need to focus on school hardcore.

Missed 4 classes, falling behind on homework.

...Actually, this sounds like a normal week.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Nov 2010, 06:30

Evil Jim wrote:I just noticed the "$49,470,875,350" meme on the Desert Bus website. Did that come from a typo on the Escapist? How did Wil Wheaton come into it?

When ChipIn broke, the Escapist donation counter went wonky and displayed that amount. As for Wil Wheaton, I have no idea. It might have being around the time of his call-in.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 26 Nov 2010, 07:12

Coming up with ideas for Craft-along for next year.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 26 Nov 2010, 07:59

Wil Wheaton mentioned Desert Bus a few time on his twitter, and when he called in a surge of people donating basically broke chipin. At least that was my understanding of.

Oh and another thing I needed to do was figure out what day it was. Woke up this morning and wasn't certain if it was friday, saturday or sunday.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 26 Nov 2010, 09:18

Lets see. I'd say regretting tuning in when Paul showed up for James' first shift and not tuning out until just before bill started, sleeping 4 hours then staying around until about the end of Kathleen's shift. which i then slept for 3 hours and watched James' shift. and now 15 hours later Still can't sleep and am posting this message and wondering if I really was going insane today when i went to poker or not.
so yeah, there's that. also The first thing i did was listen to music. sweet, sweet seventh wonder, how I'd missed thy sweet embrace.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 26 Nov 2010, 09:33

I am fortunate enough to have a job that is well defined within the hours of work. Even more fortunately, I work during the quietest hours of Desert Bus; Even if I can't watch at work, I don't miss much. And I don't have much in my life that gets put aside due to Desert Bus.

Just need to catch up on some sleep.
Buttons37
First Video: CommodoreHUSTLE 01- Laundry

Postby Buttons37 » 26 Nov 2010, 10:09

I must needs to sleep and also catch up on some gaming I have put off. Also working on tracking down the last 10 cards I need to build my very own "Angry Kitty" deck, hooray for working at a comic/card shop!!
360 GT: buttons37
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 26 Nov 2010, 11:25

Chipin broke?? Wow, fun times. Desert Bus for Hope is so awesome things just fly apart.

Did anyone else leave the live feeds on for several minutes after the show ended & the DriverCam went dark? If you had, you would have seen the towtruck come to collect the bus & then begin towing it back to Tuscon. Then the Sega CD was reset & someone started the game over. Instead of Desert Bus they selected Mofo the Psychic Gorilla & began playing. For less than a minute the audio (but no picture) came back on the Driver Cam & you could hear the crew chattering wildly. Then the Driver Cam was silenced & the Mofo Cam shortly thereafter. Just for the hell of it, several hours later I checked back in the DriverCam channel & there were STILL people in it, offering up BID_ amounts.

Return to “General Discussion”