Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 02 Mar 2011, 16:12

TomBrend wrote:
Jillers wrote:Guys guys guys!

9 days left


Yeah this. Did you choose somewhere to eat or is that going to be done on-the-fly?


I think we should on-the-fly it because I totally didn't look anything up.

We should all synchronize our twitters!

(also, if anyone's interested, I have to make a game for my Game Culture class, and I'll have an alpha version of it with me at pax in case I can rope people into playtesting it)
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby TomBrend » 02 Mar 2011, 16:21

I will probably not be online much that day, but if you text me, my girlfriend and I will show up wherever. I don't remember if you have my phone number or not.
Image
User avatar
Beta Test
Posts: 510
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 12:36
First Video: who you gonna call
Location: Oh you know just phaphphing about.
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Beta Test » 02 Mar 2011, 17:58

Jillers wrote:
TomBrend wrote:
Jillers wrote:Guys guys guys!

9 days left


Yeah this. Did you choose somewhere to eat or is that going to be done on-the-fly?


I think we should on-the-fly it because I totally didn't look anything up.

We should all synchronize our twitters!

(also, if anyone's interested, I have to make a game for my Game Culture class, and I'll have an alpha version of it with me at pax in case I can rope people into playtesting it)



I don't use twitter and I would be interested to play your good sir, what kind of game is it?
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 02 Mar 2011, 19:18

I'm still codifying. Long story short it's a murder-mystery rpg-esque game.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
Beta Test
Posts: 510
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 12:36
First Video: who you gonna call
Location: Oh you know just phaphphing about.
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Beta Test » 03 Mar 2011, 12:19

Jillers wrote:I'm still codifying. Long story short it's a murder-mystery rpg-esque game.

I could get into something like that.
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
User avatar
JoshTheater
Posts: 97
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 19:50
First Video: Desert Bus Killed The Internet Star
Location: Oxford, MA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby JoshTheater » 03 Mar 2011, 12:43

JoshTheater wrote:Cutting it a little close, and I'll be at PAX either way, but just curious if anyone has free crash space for Friday and Saturday night. A couch or even a carpeted floor and pillow would do. The place I was planning to stay is at the end of the orange line and considering that those two nights I will probably getting out of PAX after the T is closed and won't be able to get a ride there, I'm in need of a backup plan.


Reposted just because of the new page.
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 03 Mar 2011, 14:50

As a note, my extra space is filled.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
ChiUnit4evr
Posts: 425
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 11:51
First Video: Fun with Microwaves
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 03 Mar 2011, 16:13

JoshTheater wrote:
JoshTheater wrote:Cutting it a little close, and I'll be at PAX either way, but just curious if anyone has free crash space for Friday and Saturday night. A couch or even a carpeted floor and pillow would do. The place I was planning to stay is at the end of the orange line and considering that those two nights I will probably getting out of PAX after the T is closed and won't be able to get a ride there, I'm in need of a backup plan.


Reposted just because of the new page.

I'll likely be driving in each day if you get desperate and need a ride.

Also how early is everyone gonna be showing up? I'm a PAX n00b. Any logistical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby TomBrend » 03 Mar 2011, 18:57

I will be driving to Malden every day, though my couch has become unavailable. I shouldn't be relied upon for rides at all though. I might end up going to Northeastern campus if I don't feel like driving.
Image
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 03 Mar 2011, 21:26

ChiUnit4evr wrote:Also how early is everyone gonna be showing up? I'm a PAX n00b. Any logistical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Do you mean for Day 1, in general, or for panels?
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
JoshTheater
Posts: 97
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 19:50
First Video: Desert Bus Killed The Internet Star
Location: Oxford, MA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby JoshTheater » 03 Mar 2011, 22:15

TomBrend wrote:I will be driving to Malden every day, though my couch has become unavailable. I shouldn't be relied upon for rides at all though. I might end up going to Northeastern campus if I don't feel like driving.


Funny, Malden is where I'm staying. If either Friday or Saturday night you DO end up driving back there instead of crashing at Northeastern, I'd greatly appreciate a ride.
User avatar
ChiUnit4evr
Posts: 425
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 11:51
First Video: Fun with Microwaves
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 04 Mar 2011, 04:29

Jillers wrote:
ChiUnit4evr wrote:Also how early is everyone gonna be showing up? I'm a PAX n00b. Any logistical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Do you mean for Day 1, in general, or for panels?

All of the above? :P
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby TomBrend » 04 Mar 2011, 06:24

Take a look at the panel list, decide what you want to go to, show up :p

I will probably be showing up an hour or so after it opens if I don't have enforcing duties earlier than that, which is possible.
Image
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 04 Mar 2011, 08:21

ChiUnit4evr wrote:
Jillers wrote:
ChiUnit4evr wrote:Also how early is everyone gonna be showing up? I'm a PAX n00b. Any logistical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Do you mean for Day 1, in general, or for panels?

All of the above? :P


Day 1 depends on if you want to get in to the keynote speech. Pax starts at 10 I believe, and you can start lining up officially at 8am (again, I think). So, if you really really want to see the keynote, get there before 8. Maybe 7? But if the keynote is no big deal for you, then get there whenever. I'd say around 9, or even after 10.

There's always going to be a line to get in early on in the day, though after the doors open for Pax, it should move at a fairly steady pace. But if you do want to get in as early as possible, unless you start lining up way early, you probably won't get in until 10:30 at the earliest (and that's an optimistic estimate)... assuming everything starts on time.

Any other day, get there whenever you want really. Just plan accordingly for panels.

If there's a panel you want to go to, judge by the size of the room they put it is how popular it's expected to be, and plan accordingly. From my experience last year, try lining up about an hour to an hour and a half before the panel starts.
If there's a line, ask the enforcers maintaining the line how likely it is you'll get in (if the line is really long) so you don't waste your time waiting on a line only be the turned away at the door.


Another note on panels: There are going to be a lot of panels that interest you, try to narrow it down to a handful you really want to see, and expect to only be able to get into about 1 a day. Last year I tried to get into a lot of panels but they filled up fast. I think, overall, I got to go to 3 panels last year. And honestly it was fine - there's so much to do there that you may even decide to skip some panels.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby AlexanderDitto » 04 Mar 2011, 08:45

So... are Graham, Paul, and Kathleen planning on doing a meetup at some point? We need to plan these things... the twitters often don't work at the convention, and last year I didn't find the crew until the last day, it was terrible.

I want to tackle-hug Kathleen! Also... I'm working super hard to get some special gifts ready. :wink:
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5981
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby King Kool » 04 Mar 2011, 11:56

Yeah, I don't think the specifics of a meetup have been made yet.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Juliamon
Posts: 297
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 16:41
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?
Location: Southern NH
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Juliamon » 04 Mar 2011, 16:12

I'll be arriving mid-late afternoon Friday, as I was unable to get the day off from work (but hey, at least I got Saturday and Sunday off!) so I hope I don't miss out on too much. I know it differs between cons, but I hope I can still pick up my lanyard and stuff if it does end up being the later end of the afternoon. (I'm not entirely sure how the badge system works, I got mine in the mail so it shouldn't be a problem, right?)

OH GOD IT'S TOO SOON I'M NOT READY FOR THIS. I don't even have little gift-things ready! (well... I have two things, but I don't want to leave anyone out...)
brb, assaulting children.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Graham » 04 Mar 2011, 16:57

You're going to be there, Juliamon?
Hugs shall be forced upon you for the awesome Iron Mang card from DB.
User avatar
MyNameIsIe
Posts: 43
Joined: 27 Mar 2010, 21:23
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby MyNameIsIe » 04 Mar 2011, 17:05

WOAH. A terrible series of events has caused my show to be postponed, my current show to be extended, two show days to be eliminated, and I can totally be around PAX in the afternoons! YAY! WOO! HOORAY! :D I can look forward to a meetup maybe ^_^
I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby AlexanderDitto » 04 Mar 2011, 17:58

Remember, everyone! Wash your hands regularly!

In order to avoid the spread of disease, I will soak myself in hand sanitizer every hour, on the hour.

Or... just no shaking hands. That too.

Also: Hooray, Ie! Glad you can make it!
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby tak197 » 04 Mar 2011, 20:42

I'm looking forward to the whole thing! However, I'm conflicted. The LRR screening block is in the middle of the Saturday Night Concert block. And I have never been in the presence of VGO, Paul and Storm, or JoCo. But I feel like I'll miss some serious hangout times with all you guys.

HALP.
Image
Image
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 04 Mar 2011, 23:43

Well, on the one hand, that is one panel, at night, and you'll have a whole weekend to try to spy on LRR (and if there is a meetup, there's that too). You've also seen all the videos.

On the other hand, you can totally buy concert tickets to JoCo and Paul and Storm after Pax. When's the next time you're going to get to see LRR videos w/ LRR?

Anyone know how the concerts work? Will people be allowed in and out?
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
Yaxley
Posts: 2389
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 14:38
First Video: Lock Out
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Yaxley » 05 Mar 2011, 04:23

While I know that I will be at the LRR screening block, if you've never seen Paul and Storm perform The Captain's Wife's Lament live, it's something you should at least consider.
User avatar
aeric90
Posts: 2866
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 06:09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby aeric90 » 05 Mar 2011, 08:48

aeric90 wrote:I want to Phail! Not fail! :(

1 - Season 2 DVD
1 - Season 3 DVD
1 - Season 4 DVD
1 - cHustle DVD


Ack. Budget must scale this back. Sorry!

Instead just
1 - cHustrle DVD

Thanks.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
User avatar
ChiUnit4evr
Posts: 425
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 11:51
First Video: Fun with Microwaves
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 05 Mar 2011, 10:44

Jillers wrote:
Day 1 depends on if you want to get in to the keynote speech. Pax starts at 10 I believe, and you can start lining up officially at 8am (again, I think). So, if you really really want to see the keynote, get there before 8. Maybe 7? But if the keynote is no big deal for you, then get there whenever. I'd say around 9, or even after 10.

There's always going to be a line to get in early on in the day, though after the doors open for Pax, it should move at a fairly steady pace. But if you do want to get in as early as possible, unless you start lining up way early, you probably won't get in until 10:30 at the earliest (and that's an optimistic estimate)... assuming everything starts on time.

Any other day, get there whenever you want really. Just plan accordingly for panels.

If there's a panel you want to go to, judge by the size of the room they put it is how popular it's expected to be, and plan accordingly. From my experience last year, try lining up about an hour to an hour and a half before the panel starts.
If there's a line, ask the enforcers maintaining the line how likely it is you'll get in (if the line is really long) so you don't waste your time waiting on a line only be the turned away at the door.


Another note on panels: There are going to be a lot of panels that interest you, try to narrow it down to a handful you really want to see, and expect to only be able to get into about 1 a day. Last year I tried to get into a lot of panels but they filled up fast. I think, overall, I got to go to 3 panels last year. And honestly it was fine - there's so much to do there that you may even decide to skip some panels.

Wow thanks Jillers! That's a great guide :)

Thank you!

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests