Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
Beta Test
Posts: 510
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 12:36
First Video: who you gonna call
Location: Oh you know just phaphphing about.
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Beta Test » 08 Mar 2011, 11:29

InsaneFool wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:While you two are dreaming, I'll be over here, in line for the Nintendo booth. :P


Well played sir.
:lol:


Quite quite...
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 08 Mar 2011, 14:18

So, I'm skipping the keynote and heading for the nintendo booth. Just... fyi.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
psychopez
Posts: 418
Joined: 24 Nov 2010, 15:07
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby psychopez » 08 Mar 2011, 14:21

Jillers wrote:So, I'm skipping the keynote and heading for the nintendo booth. Just... fyi.


Bah, I only decided to go when I heard Jane McGonigal was giving the keynote. Between her TED talk and book, and Extra Credit's weekly video on The Escapist, I've started to see gaming in a whole new light. It's energized me.
@mhasko
User avatar
Yaxley
Posts: 2389
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 14:38
First Video: Lock Out
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Yaxley » 08 Mar 2011, 18:11

TED talk? Thanks for the heads up. I'm totally downloading that for something else to watch on the train ride to Boston.
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby TomBrend » 08 Mar 2011, 18:15

I'm completely not interested in Jane McGonigal. I'm enforcing during her talk anyway...

RELATED I'm enforcing the Manticore theater until 3pm every day, come say hi!
Image
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 08 Mar 2011, 20:00

Funny Jane McGonigal story: in my gaming culture class we watched her interview on the Colbert Report, and she seems a bit crazy.
But the funny/sad part is that there were in people in class who did not take her seriously because she was a pretty girl who claimed to be a gamer, ie: they didn't believe she was a gamer because she was a pretty girl.

Siiiiiigh
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
Beta Test
Posts: 510
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 12:36
First Video: who you gonna call
Location: Oh you know just phaphphing about.
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Beta Test » 08 Mar 2011, 20:35

Jillers wrote:Funny Jane McGonigal story: in my gaming culture class we watched her interview on the Colbert Report, and she seems a bit crazy.
But the funny/sad part is that there were in people in class who did not take her seriously because she was a pretty girl who claimed to be a gamer, ie: they didn't believe she was a gamer because she was a pretty girl.

Siiiiiigh


A lot less funny and a lot more sad, and I second that siiiiiigh.
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Graham » 08 Mar 2011, 20:51

Hey is anyone getting into Boston a day early? Because Kathleen sure is! (cheapest flight available) and she would love to not stay at the super-expensive airport hotel.

Is there a spare patch of floor somewhere, in proximity to a person of sane mind?
(also, her flight arrives at midnight, so bear that in mind)
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5981
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby King Kool » 08 Mar 2011, 20:54

I'll pass that on to my brother. We have a friend who lives in the area, but I doubt it'll work out since he's already thinking of sleeping on his couch.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Graham » 08 Mar 2011, 21:09

Looks like Twitter has already saved us!
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5981
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby King Kool » 08 Mar 2011, 21:13

Ah. Whew. I'm actually going to be gone all day and night tomorrow, so I didn't know when I'd get to ask him.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Kathleen
LRR Crew
Posts: 2917
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 19:43
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special
Location: Vancougar
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Kathleen » 08 Mar 2011, 21:42

GUYS. I GET IN ON THURSDAY - I HAVE ALL DAY TO HANG OUT. WHERE THE PARTY AT?
Email me [email protected] to arrange things.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
User avatar
psychopez
Posts: 418
Joined: 24 Nov 2010, 15:07
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby psychopez » 09 Mar 2011, 05:22

I sounds like a lot of people are going to be playing games in the Westin Lobby Thursday night.
@mhasko
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby TomBrend » 09 Mar 2011, 05:27

I would have stepped up to host, but I was quite asleep before you all said anything on twitter.

As for thursday happenings, I'll be at work most of the day, but I will be available for shenanigans in the evening.
Image
User avatar
aeric90
Posts: 2866
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 06:09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby aeric90 » 09 Mar 2011, 06:56

I'm getting in later Thursday night and I'll be following up with the rest of RRPT as soon as I get in. Hopefully I get to do something that night cause it is a vacation of sorts for me!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
User avatar
psychopez
Posts: 418
Joined: 24 Nov 2010, 15:07
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby psychopez » 09 Mar 2011, 07:11

Westin Lobby. Games, of board, card, portable, and role playing variety. Look for this ugly mug if you want some Dominion.

http://twitpic.com/42tcjw
@mhasko
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Jillers » 09 Mar 2011, 09:37

I check in at 3pm, so any shenanigans that go after say 4, I am down for... assuming they are relatively cheap.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
Yaxley
Posts: 2389
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 14:38
First Video: Lock Out
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Yaxley » 09 Mar 2011, 10:50

Any more info on the fan meetup yet, or is that something we should be checking the Twitters for?
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby tak197 » 09 Mar 2011, 11:44

I get in with the PAX Train, and then I plan on going to the PokeCrawl, but I have yet to hear where I'm going to be going, because I'm doing the sober assistant thing and he hasn't told me yet where to go once I get in.
Image
Image
User avatar
Ald3rp
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:44
First Video: commodore Hustle - It's Magic!
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Ald3rp » 09 Mar 2011, 12:47

Graham wrote:Haha, no, it wasn't.

But I guess it should be.


IF THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIFIC YOU WANT, POST IT IN THIS THREAD BEFORE MARCH 9TH AND WE'LL BRING WHAT WE CAN.

You've got to hold up your end though, or else we're bringing it for nothing :(


Is it too late to ask for all DVD's and a LRR Logo shirt size 2XL?
Last edited by Ald3rp on 09 Mar 2011, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
I am SpaceCore! But when I'm not SpaceCore, I'm just AL.
Twitch.tv handle: Technic_al
User avatar
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons
Posts: 720
Joined: 05 Jan 2008, 05:21
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby AeroCmdr » 09 Mar 2011, 12:49

Yaxley wrote:Any more info on the fan meetup yet, or is that something we should be checking the Twitters for?
I'd like to know the time on Saturday myselfs. Kinda paranoid, because that's how I roll, that'll have to happen during the Rooster Teeth panel around 4:30. Very fun panel if you like Red vs Blue or anything else they've done.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to join in on any Pre-PAX shenanigans because I get in fairly lates on Thursday.
User avatar
JoshTheater
Posts: 97
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 19:50
First Video: Desert Bus Killed The Internet Star
Location: Oxford, MA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby JoshTheater » 09 Mar 2011, 14:41

Last year I believe the meetup time was announced in the PAX thread on this forum before PAX started. Wonder if they plan to do the same thing this year...cutting it a little close. Oh well, if they announce it on Twitter during the convention I suppose my iPod Touch will come in handy, providing the convention center has free wifi (which I would assume it does). If they don't announce it here though, it would be nice to have assurance that it will be posted on Twitter so we'll know to keep an eye out.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Graham » 09 Mar 2011, 15:03

Ald3rp wrote:Is it too late to ask for all DVD's and a LRR Logo shirt size 2XL?
Nope!

I'll be putting everything together this afternoon though, so we'll have to cut off now.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby Graham » 09 Mar 2011, 15:08

Tentative Meet-Up:
1:00 - 2:00PM Saturday (cause there's not a lot of other stuff going on)
Location to be determined, because we don't know the layout of BCEC. Any suggestions?
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Official LRR @ PAX East Thread

Postby TomBrend » 09 Mar 2011, 16:23

I will be on-duty enforcing in Manticore until 3. 1 PM falls right in the middle of "TBA". Saaad faaace.
Image

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests