Need a Website?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Need a Website?

Postby Timelady » 16 Feb 2011, 08:22

Hi. So I've been taking an introductory web design course this semester, and I have to create a website for an organization or business. Is anyone here in need of one?

Like I said, it's an introductory course, so I'm not promising miracles. But the upside is that it's a) free and b) fast (three weeks total).
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Re: Need a Website?

Postby Vanguard » 16 Feb 2011, 08:42

*raises hand*

Well, at "some point" I'm probably going to need a website for my photography business, so if you want to create one for me you're more than welcome to try.
ImageImageImageImage
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 Feb 2011, 11:14

Couple friends of mine are starting up a magazine; they have the domain but I think they might need some help setting it up/making it nice-looking. I'll talk to them and get back to you? Or do you already wanna do Vanguard's?
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 16 Feb 2011, 11:48

Will it have rotating GIFs and a long flash introduction? If not, then it won't be a good site.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Timelady

Postby Timelady » 16 Feb 2011, 12:24

Taking a better look at the course guidelines, it seems like Fayili's friends' magazine might be more of what the teacher's looking for (a community resource (not that I can't see where Vanguard's photography business would be a community resource!)). So if it's all right with you two, I'd like to hear if Fayili's friends would be willing to have me do this. Vanguard, if you like, I can see if someone else in the class might want to get in touch with you?

GreigKM: Dude. Blink tags all the way. Far, far away.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 17 Feb 2011, 13:36

Alright, it's a tentative yes; expect to hear from DancingFox later today or I will have words with him.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Timelady

Postby Timelady » 17 Feb 2011, 13:57

That's good to know, thanks! I'll be happy to hear from him.
DancingFox
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby DancingFox » 17 Feb 2011, 22:39

'ello. Is it later today? Awesome. Words scare me. Clearly this makes perfect sense, as I am intending to produce a pulp fiction magazine.

...Anyway! Myself and a friend, as mentioned, are working on this magazine. I'm not sure what kind of thing you need to put together for the course. What we're trying to get right now is a simple site, probably just a single page, containing information for curious people, and for potential contributors to the magazine. If you're required to make a particularly complicated, then it might be more difficult, but potentially we could get a head start on the full website for readers, although we don't need that up until we start publishing, in about 6 months.

What's the time frame on the project? We need to get some art from our main artist for the website, for a header and for background work. We already own the domain name for the site, as well as a second domain name we grabbed because it was relevant, and we figured we might want to keep it on hand.
Tales from the Menagerie! New fiction magazine looking for submissions of all sorts!
http://www.talesfromthemenagerie.com/
Timelady

Postby Timelady » 18 Feb 2011, 13:59

Pulp fiction? I love you guys already.

I believe the only requirement set in stone for my class is that there has to be six pages total. My project deadline (and the end of the class) is in three weeks, but I am more than willing to keep working beyond that if you want me to.

So if I could, could I get some information from you? Such as who you guys are, what you're looking for in the website, what you want out of the design, etc.

Please feel free to continue this discussion by PM if you'd like, and I'd be more than happy to share my email address or MSN/Skype if you guys want it.
DancingFox
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby DancingFox » 23 Feb 2011, 23:34

Sent ya a message a couple days ago with some more information. We'll get to work on the full site setup too.
Tales from the Menagerie! New fiction magazine looking for submissions of all sorts!
http://www.talesfromthemenagerie.com/

Return to “General Discussion”