Season 1 Share List?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Re: Season 1 Share List?

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Apr 2011, 09:54

empath wrote:...if the unlicensed music is the big issue with distributing Season 1, I'm going to comfortable assume that you don't have the unedited footage of those available for re-editing without the music.

But not being any sort of expert with the skills, processes and whatnot involved, how hard would it be to remove the music track from the S1 vids?

It also brings up the question - since I've never seen the relevant videos - is the music IN the vids thematically important to the videos? Would they make any sense without the problematic songs? Or are they just incidental music that could be replaced or done without?

Not suggesting that this revision (if it's even possible) SHOULD be done, just idly curious...

I think Graham not having the time or the desire to do it is the main reason videos have not been reedited. I have not watched season one in a while but most videos do not really rely on the songs. One video that does need relevant backing music is Ways to End a Movie. For instance the Indiana Jones way has the Indiana Jones as background music. I might be an interesting exercise for Bradley Rains to create music that sounds like Indiana Jones but isn't.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
CancerBottle
First Video: Fun with Condoms

Postby CancerBottle » 30 Apr 2011, 09:56

SilPho wrote:I guess we have to take it on the honour system that nobody will rip the disks for their own private collection.

As I said earlier, no one's uploaded a torrent of season 1 yet, right? That's pretty remarkable and I think it says a lot about the people here.

Theremin wrote:And now comes the hard part: convincing people to entrust their irreplaceable positions to total strangers and the postal service.

Actually, this is an important point. Would LRR mind if the OWNERS of the DVDs make their own private back-up? Or is that pushing it?

elvor wrote:Ah, the Season 1 viewing party. I remember it well. So much hilariousness. I'll mention the post idea to Lawman next time I see him.

This is good, if anyone knows any S1 owners, PM them and see if they'll get on board.

@ Beta Test: I'll sign people up on first-come-first-served, so you'll be first, but I won't matter until we can get some DVD owners on board.
"Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken
Wolfenbarg
First Video: The Job

Postby Wolfenbarg » 30 Apr 2011, 10:11

empath wrote:...if the unlicensed music is the big issue with distributing Season 1, I'm going to comfortable assume that you don't have the unedited footage of those available for re-editing without the music.

But not being any sort of expert with the skills, processes and whatnot involved, how hard would it be to remove the music track from the S1 vids?

It also brings up the question - since I've never seen the relevant videos - is the music IN the vids thematically important to the videos? Would they make any sense without the problematic songs? Or are they just incidental music that could be replaced or done without?

Not suggesting that this revision (if it's even possible) SHOULD be done, just idly curious...

From what little I've seen, it'd be more than possible. But then, I've only seen a very small portion. Either way, it's a lot of work to make a distributable form of what isn't likely to be your best work. Even more work when you remember that Graham is working on two shows full time with another one in the pipes.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Apr 2011, 10:18

I'd certainly be interested in finally seeing Season 1.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 30 Apr 2011, 10:35

CancerBottle wrote:
SilPho wrote:I guess we have to take it on the honour system that nobody will rip the disks for their own private collection.

As I said earlier, no one's uploaded a torrent of season 1 yet, right? That's pretty remarkable and I think it says a lot about the people here.

Yes, but ripping the DVD can be done without anyone knowing. Uploading a torrent is something the crew will find out about and be "very disappoint" with.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 30 Apr 2011, 10:40

SilPho wrote:Yes, but ripping the DVD can be done without anyone knowing. Uploading a torrent is something the crew will find out about and be "very disappoint" with.

That's not how people who upload torrents think. They don't care that the owners and creators of the data are "disappoint."

"Information wants to be freeeeeeee."
"Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken
Beta Test
First Video: who you gonna call

Postby Beta Test » 30 Apr 2011, 12:02

CancerBottle wrote:@ Beta Test: I'll sign people up on first-come-first-served, so you'll be first, but I won't matter until we can get some DVD owners on board.

Awsometacular
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 30 Apr 2011, 12:16

CancerBottle wrote:

That really doesn't speak for anything except for the fact that very few people probably own the DVD, rather than LRR fans being paragons of digital morality.

If it had the same circulation as even a mediocre Hollywood movie, there would be at least half a dozen torrents, which I would have already grabbed.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 30 Apr 2011, 13:27

[quote="Theremin"][/quote]

You're probably right. Though you still see very rare releases of movies and albums and recording of a stand-up comedian's early work make it up on the internet.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 02 May 2011, 07:48

Sign me up. Outside of visiting Victoria (and Yo Video), this would be my only chance to see LRR S1.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
PaidTheUmpire

Postby PaidTheUmpire » 02 May 2011, 10:59

Sign me up.

I'm Down Under so I might be a bit far away from most.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 02 May 2011, 11:09

This is great, but we need willing owners to loan us season 1 DVDs.

We promise not to copy them and to take extra special care of them, right guys?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 May 2011, 11:11

CancerBottle wrote:We promise not to copy them and to take extra special care of them, right guys?

Of course we do *Hides DVD copier behind back*
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 02 May 2011, 11:30

Elomin Sha wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:We promise not to copy them and to take extra special care of them, right guys?

Of course we do *Hides DVD copier behind back*

No. I and LRR are pretty damn serious about this. Any would-be lenders would be being incredibly generous. Please don't do anything to screw this up.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 May 2011, 11:32

Elomin is just being Elomin. He knows full well that if he did do anything like that, he'd be in for a world of pain.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 02 May 2011, 13:58

Too bad Graham couldn't just print a run of these, with a fancy new "This message will self destruct..." intro.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexplay
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 02 May 2011, 14:17

Hey, if that whole Season 1 Rotation list is still going, sign me up, I'd like to check it out.

And I'm pretty responsible with my shit, at the least you wouldn't need to worry about the DVD getting scratched to hell. Numerous times when I trade games in, the dudes are Gamestop are kinda amazed that the disc itself still looks factory fresh.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 02 May 2011, 14:45

Sign me up too, it this ever happens. I would love to finally see Season 1. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it when I had the chance
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 02 May 2011, 14:53

im thinking that we are not going to get some one with a season one dvd thats is willing to take the risk of it getting lost
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Beta Test

Postby Beta Test » 02 May 2011, 16:28

Would any of the crew actually happen to have a copy they've kept over the years?
I'm Ignorant, God...
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 02 May 2011, 16:36

Beta Test wrote:Would any of the crew actually happen to have a copy they've kept over the years?

Actually, I was about to ask if the crew would be willing to loan us a copy.

Graham? Matt?
Beta Test

Postby Beta Test » 02 May 2011, 17:37

CancerBottle wrote:
Beta Test wrote:Would any of the crew actually happen to have a copy they've kept over the years?

Actually, I was about to ask if the crew would be willing to loan us a copy.

Graham? Matt?

And I ninjaed you
Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm Ignorant, God...
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 02 May 2011, 17:44

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the crew stated before that they are embarrassed by season 1 and wish no one had saw it. Girly Magazines anyone?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 02 May 2011, 17:50

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the crew stated before that they are embarrassed by season 1 and wish no one had saw it. Girly Magazines anyone?

See, I wouldn't know what you're talking about there...since I haven't seen season 1. :wink:

But Matt has cleared it with Graham, so we just need a copy, or preferably copies of S1 to share with those intereted.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 May 2011, 00:21

RELEASE SEASONS 5, 6 & THE LOADING READY LIVE DVD SETS OR THE INTERNETS GET INUNDATED WITH SEASON 1!!

Kidding! Just kidding, seriously. Please don't ban me.

I'm a little too paranoid to loan out my Season 1 set (I have seriously considered keeping it in my fire safe, for cripes sake), but I am already planning a big Season 5 DVD release party at my place for all local LRR fans. It will be an all day thing with as much LRR as possible, including seasons 1 & 5 in their entirety.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “General Discussion”