Season 1 Share List?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: Season 1 Share List?

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 12 Mar 2013, 11:08

I want to watch at PAXEast but would still like to enjoy it at my own pace at my own place.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 12 Mar 2013, 11:35

Depending on the when, I'd be all up for watching it at PAX East. But watching it in a room might be a bit cramped depending on the number of people who come to watch it. I'm just not sure how many would be going, or where there'd be an alternative to watch it at.

I'd likely be fine for being taken off the list as well, but I'd rather see it first before I make that decision. :P
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 12 Mar 2013, 11:59

My reason for not wanting to be removed from the list stems mostly from Commentary tracks..
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Juliamon
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?

Postby Juliamon » 12 Mar 2013, 13:42

Since I'm mostly going to PAX for the LRR panel and the concerts, as well as going alone, I'll probably have a lot of free time and thus would be open to holding multiple viewings if necessary. That would also make it easier for people to fit it into their schedule, especially if Graham and the others wish to attend. I could possibly even do one with commentary on, for people who have seen the videos salvaged from archive.org and just want the exclusive content.

In regards to visibility/crowding around a small screen, my laptop has a 17" screen and propping it up on a TV stand should be fine for the quality of the videos (they ARE ten years old, so even at DVD-quality they're not that hot and you won't be missing out on much detail by sitting several feet back. Heck, it'll be like if you were there back in the old days with low-res streaming files!). If it's also limited to forumers (not strictly, of course, but the showtime info would only be found here) there will be even less of a crowding issue.

I don't know precisely how large our room is, but I do know that it's only going to be used for sleeping otherwise, so it will be available all day for viewings.

In any case, I am wide open to suggestions. We've got a week to plan this.
brb, assaulting children.
Juliamon

Postby Juliamon » 16 Mar 2013, 16:47

After looking over the schedule, I've picked out a few times that work best for me. Which would be best for folks: Thursday night, Friday at noonish, Friday night after the LRR panel, or Saturday afternoon?

I want to hold the viewing(s) at a time most convenient to folks on the list, so please let me know which time works best for you.

(as a side note, the amativeness has sent me his mailing address so I will mail it out a day or two after PAX.)
bar room hero

Postby bar room hero » 21 Mar 2013, 03:39

There might be people going to PAX east but don't read this thread, would it be appropriate to post a separate thread with the details in it?
I do not regret the things I've done, only those I did not do
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 21 Mar 2013, 04:40

Already done.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Juliamon

Postby Juliamon » 25 Mar 2013, 11:23

I went ahead and had James add his signature to the DVD while I had the opportunity (since it already had Graham and Kathleen's).

It will be going in the mail tomorrow!
the amativeness

Postby the amativeness » 28 Mar 2013, 17:50

I'm assuming it's in the mail (tho I haven't received a tracking code via PM yet...)
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
the amativeness

Postby the amativeness » 28 Mar 2013, 18:08

...or it could be downstairs on my kitchen counter waiting for me... nice timing...

So, whoever's next (assuming we're keeping this to North America), send me your info.
CancerBottle
First Video: Fun with Condoms

Postby CancerBottle » 02 Apr 2013, 21:50

Thanks for organizing the PAX screenings, Juliamon!

EDIT: theamativeness, this thing has gone international! :D
"Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 06 Apr 2013, 17:21

theamativeness suggested to me that we organize the list by location under the assumption that somewhat frequent international shipping could lead to long delays. Keeping things organized by country might reduce shipping times, but so far it seems to me that the longest delays have been caused by folks holding on to the disc over the ONE WEEK as stated in the rules. Organizing the list by country would also place those who are, for example, second on the list to like thirteenth on the list.

As long as we can agree that it's fair--and we get bar room hero's blessing--I couldn't care less how the disc gets shared.

If organizing the list by location sounds like something you all would like to do, what order should do we arrange it?

USA/CANADA, EUROPE, AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND? USA, CANADA, EUROPE, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND? USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, EUROPE?

Here's the list in the current order with member's stated locations listed. A question mark means it wasn't listed on their profile and I didn't bother PMing them to ask.

the amativeness - USA

PaidtheUmpire - AUS

Kyogissun - ?

MasterGunner - CA

korri - USA

ElementalAlchemist - USA

Nanosauromo - USA

phlip - AUS

NohbdyImportant - USA

King Kool - USA

HoleInTheHead - USA

MrPayneTrayne - CA

Cutlesnap - THE DUTCH

Kapol - ?

Dutch guy - THE DUTCH...AGAIN

CancerBottle - USA

AdmiralMemo - USA

GreigKM - ?

Ottoman (No longer on the list?)

Trymantha - NZ/AUS

Volafortis - USA

simonAJ - ?

UNHchabo -?

LadySephiroth - USA

Anubis 169 - ?

Amake - Sweden

What do you all think?
Last edited by CancerBottle on 07 Apr 2013, 20:32, edited 3 times in total.
"Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken
ElementalAlchemist
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ElementalAlchemist » 06 Apr 2013, 18:06

CancerBottle wrote:ElementalAlchemist - ?

I'll throw in that I'm in USA, since it potentially matters now.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Apr 2013, 18:09

Lady Sephiroth is in Pennsylvania.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
the amativeness

Postby the amativeness » 07 Apr 2013, 05:11

CancerBottle wrote:EDIT: theamativeness, this thing has gone international! :D

Not what I meant. I was asking, because in my opinion it's a lot riskier to trust international postal services to ship a package from NA to AUS and back every month or so (how it would work currently). I'm asking if we should lump the AUS/NZ users together and do them either now or after the current NA users.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 07 Apr 2013, 05:26

the amativeness wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:EDIT: theamativeness, this thing has gone international! :D

Not what I meant. I was asking, because in my opinion it's a lot riskier to trust international postal services to ship a package from NA to AUS and back every month or so (how it would work currently). I'm asking if we should lump the AUS/NZ users together and do them either now or after the current NA users.

I can get behind this.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 07 Apr 2013, 09:25

I tried to articulate that in my earlier post, theamativness.

Again, as long as some of the participants who would be moved to the end of the line are alright with it, I see no problem with re-organizing the list.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 07 Apr 2013, 10:53

I hesitate to ask, but if I wanted in on this, how far down the list do you figure Sweden would go? I don't even know if it counts as "continental Europe".

Not that I expect anyone to permit sending their valued discs to me, being a perfect stranger and all, but thinking forward maybe the wait will be long enough to change that. At the moment all I can tell you is that our language uses the same word for "guilt" and "debt"; make of that what you will.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Apr 2013, 10:57

Considering how it's going across North America, Sweden isn't that far out of the way.

Still, we should probably break the list down a bit more, into NESW parts of each region.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
CancerBottle

Postby CancerBottle » 07 Apr 2013, 20:28

Amake, bar room hero, the generous owner of the disc has no problem with it traveling to Europe. As far as I know, Sweden should be fine. I'll put you on the list.

MG, why are we breaking the list down further? I don't think the postal systems are that different within the same countries. Also few people have their specific location listed on their profile, which means a lot of PMs and waiting for responses.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Apr 2013, 04:10

Just to cut down on waiting and expense by not constantly shipping it between the East and West coasts of North America/Europe/Australia.
bar room hero

Postby bar room hero » 09 Apr 2013, 03:52

As long as it makes its way back to me at the end it doesnt really matter to me in which order it gets sent
I do not regret the things I've done, only those I did not do
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 09 Apr 2013, 19:26

I'm fine with whatever order it ends up being. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

the amativeness

Postby the amativeness » 10 Apr 2013, 10:57

FYI, continental US/Canada shipping is generally 2-3 days average. Regardless of distance. So breaking it down further isn't really a big deal.
Juliamon

Postby Juliamon » 10 Apr 2013, 11:20

The case also fits pretty nicely into a USPS flat rate box, so there's not really any good reason to break down the list into regions (in the US at least) unless you're that desperate to save a day of transit.

I think the only breakdown needed would be by country, both to cut down the risk of it getting hung up in customs and cut down on the cost of international shipping (it doubled in the US recently).

Return to “General Discussion”