Ryan Dunn RIP

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Ryan Dunn RIP

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Jun 2011, 08:24

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/ju ... kass-death

Aftermath image of car: http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/entertai ... tar_062011

I'm sure some of us has watch Jackass over the years, sometimes for cheap laughs. This morning Ryan Dunn and another passenger died in the early morning when their car hit a tree and burst into flames.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Re: Ryan Dunn RIP

Postby King Kool » 20 Jun 2011, 08:35

I heard about that. That's a shame.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Jun 2011, 08:43

Ryan was honestly my favorite Jackass. I'm really sad about this.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Jun 2011, 08:56

His career was made dominantly and certainly most notably out of doing increasingly stupid things, things that were honestly and legitimately dangerous and by all rights should have killed people in the run of Jackass several times over.

I am not surprised by his death involving high speed vehicular collision and large volumes of alcohol, only that it did not transpire earlier in time.

That said, always sad to see another human being go out. I'm sure his peers, comrades, and cast members are going to really be hit hard by this tragic turn of events.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Stinkychops
First Video: Some unskippable thing. It was all right

Postby Stinkychops » 20 Jun 2011, 08:58

That's terribly sad. I won't speculate as to the reasons for the crash.

My condolences to his family and friends.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 20 Jun 2011, 09:42

You know, I kinda expected Steve-O to be the first one to die.
RIP.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 20 Jun 2011, 10:01

Damn shame. Very funny guy.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 20 Jun 2011, 10:03

... huh. Well that was unexpected. It's actually kind of surprising that, after who knows how many seasons and three movies worth of progressively more insane and stupid shenanigans that something as mundane as a car crash is what did him in.

Out of curiosity, any word on who the other person in the car was?
ImageImageImageImage
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Jun 2011, 10:06

Not yet, they're awaiting confirmation ID. I don't think a car crash covered in fire mundane.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 20 Jun 2011, 10:14

... covered in fire, you say?

This is why I probably shouldn't have just skimmed the article.
ImageImageImageImage
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Jun 2011, 10:19

He apparently went off the road over a guardrail, traveled ~40 yards through a forested area, and crashed into tree, causing the vehicle to burst into flame. He was identified by his tattoos and facial hair, despite severe burns on both occupants.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 20 Jun 2011, 12:05

Graham wrote:Ryan was honestly my favorite Jackass. I'm really sad about this.

Me too. Dunn has been my favorite back since the CKY days. He has always seemed the most creative, down to earth and funny member. Zach Galifinakas reminds me of him.

That being said, wtf did he think was going to happen after 3beers, 3 shots and doing 110 mph on one of the most dangerous roads in the area?? It's kinda like a "duh" situation. I am most pissed at these selfish actions. I am hardcore against ddrinking and driving, there is NO excuse for it. I don't feel bad for him, I feel bad for his passenger, and the hundreds of family and friends left behind to grieve. I have always told my friends to call me if ever they needed a ride, I have given many a ride - I have also told them that if they were to die from drinking and driving they damn well better only kill themselves and not someone else.

Being a star like he was he HAD money to spend on a cab but hje chose not to. People have said in the past before they would be surprised if Ryan DOESN'T die in a car crash. The way he used to ride his motorcycles I'm not surprised that it didn't happen sooner. I am pissed at his actions, sad for his loved ones.

This also brings up a point of contention that I have with Mayor Nenshi of my hometown. There is no 24hour transit in Calgary. If you go drinking at a downtown pub or bar (or even just go to an event w/o a car no drinking needed) but you live in a differemnt quadrant of the city, you are fucked. Train stops at what 12:30am most stops? On a friday/Saturday or holidays it will take you usually 3 - 5 hours to get through to a taxi company. By that time morning transit has started (good old experience talking here from back when I shot events downtown and didn't drive) Nenshis answer to this was "KEEP THE BARS OPEN LONGER, THAT WAS PEOPLE HAVE AN HOUR TO SOBER UP" Thanks Nenshi. Man, I wish I had the faith in the people like you do. Because I'm pretty sure people will start pounding it before closing time, and an hour is not enough time to sober up from that. I have first hand experience in working in a downtown bar to know that.

GAH. Sorry for the rant and opinionated things in this thread.

Ryan Dunn will be missed, and not forgotten. Sad day.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Bad Ideas Bear
First Video: Starbull

Postby Bad Ideas Bear » 20 Jun 2011, 12:14

As a tribute to Ryan, why not drink, put on a jockstrap and galoshers, and ride shopping carts around a zoo?

With cars inside of yourself.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 20 Jun 2011, 15:00

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:
Graham wrote:Ryan was honestly my favorite Jackass. I'm really sad about this.

Me too. Dunn has been my favorite back since the CKY days ... That being said, wtf did he think was going to happen after 3beers, 3 shots and doing 110 mph on one of the most dangerous roads in the area?? It's kinda like a "duh" situation. I am most pissed at these selfish actions. I am hardcore against ddrinking and driving, there is NO excuse for it. I don't feel bad for him, I feel bad for his passenger, and the hundreds of family and friends left behind to grieve.

I repeat this. As much as I thought Dunn was easily the funniest and best of them, I feel less sorrow than blinding anger at him right now. He just got someone killed.
goat

Postby goat » 20 Jun 2011, 15:10

I, too, liked Dunn the best out of all of them (especially out of the east coast guys) and am sad to see him go.

... but part of me is still waiting for him to pop up out of the bushes with a camera crew and kick someone in the nuts.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 20 Jun 2011, 15:45

goat wrote:
... but part of me is still waiting for him to pop up out of the bushes with a camera crew and kick someone in the nuts.

I was thinking in the back of my mind that this must be the most ellaborate, sickest prank ever, and during his funeral he will just pop up out of the casket. But that is even messed up for the Jackass crew to do, and I believe they have enough common sense to know it isn't funny and most poeple would just be pissed off at the assholishness of it. -sigh- we can dream.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Jun 2011, 15:59

I'll admit the thought came to mind after reading he was identified by tattoos and facial hair after being severely burned, that sort of set off a flag in my mind, but the likelihood is just so very low.
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 23 Jun 2011, 18:43

Mister Fiend wrote:You know, I kinda expected Steve-O to be the first one to die.
RIP.

Same here I was expecting Steve-O or Knoxville in a stunt gone wrong.

Ryan was my favorite Jackass as well, seemed the most down to earth. But like Rocket said he was a tool for getting in the car drunk and driving that fast.

And looking at Bam Magera who knew him for many years absolutely devastated in an interview I don't think it is some sort of prank. But yeah the rumors did do the rounds shortly after
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 23 Jun 2011, 18:52

Ryan Dunn was a notoriously shitty driver. They say as much pretty much any time someone mentions a car on any of the various shows he was one. Apparently he was driving with Bam a few years ago and flipped their car eight times on the freeway - both were fine.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 23 Jun 2011, 19:54

As I saw someone on Facebook say, I agree that it's tragic what happened. HOWEVER, I think it's despicable that he was irresponsible enough to get that drunk and drive OVER 100 MPH and not only crash, but crash and kill himself AND SOMEONE ELSE. If he survived, he'd be arrested and jailed for quite a while.

As for Steve-O being the first to go, I would like to point out that he was the first to go to rehab for his addictions and take responsibility for his actions. He still does the crazy stupid stuff, but he is sober and slowly rebuilding his life.

Return to “General Discussion”