PAX Prime

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Nyannet
First Video: It's Magic!

Re: PAX Prime

Postby Nyannet » 19 Aug 2011, 11:09

Thanks for the insight Tally! Makes me feel better about whoring it up a bit. I think the most frustrating thing about promoting a project is when you promote it and people say things like "Well you just want us to look at X or buy whatever you are selling."

Yes. That is the point. (sigh)

However I will say that I find the prospect of promoting my stuff directly to readers a lot less daunting then trying to sell it to literary agents and publishing houses. (Shudder)... Oh the stories I could tell. Rejection letters are one thing, the "We are interested but we would like to see (recommends story gutting ideas) in order for us to sell this." letters are another beast all together.

Hence Beard the Immortal, Beard is for the people directly to the people.

Also, on the subject of craft projects... I think I might have another commission idea for you depending on your availability after Desert Bus 2011 wraps up. Your crafts are like tattoo's once you get one...
Elanoa
First Video: Dead Space 2

Postby Elanoa » 19 Aug 2011, 14:42

Sadly, I'm probably booked solid. Getting married during PAX is kind of killing my ability to socialize. That and inviting most of my friends, who are also here for the wedding, to stay at my house.

Nyannet, you reminded me of a writing story my class entered in middle school. One of the kids actually won it, but to get published it was totally gutted and reformed. The writer was so upset.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 19 Aug 2011, 14:58

Nyannet, I would be happy to talk about another commission, especially since you used the magical words, "after Desert Bus." Perhaps I should use your description as an official line for my plushies. "Like tattoos, but more hug-able." :D

Speaking of promotions and random things, I've had this idea for something sort of odd to do at PAX. I always have random crafted things around - experiments and small projects and stuff I don't feel like selling, or that I over enthusiastically made too many of, etc. I was thinking of bringing a grab bag of small crafted objects to PAX, and saying that if you see me, you can trade me for one of them. You won't know what the item is (chosen at random). You can trade anything, say a pen, or a business card, or a cool paperclip. Anything at all, really, so long as it's fairly small. And I don't accept pocket lint, unless it's super cool special pocket lint. With, like, fairy dust in it or something.

Is that something people would find fun? Or is it too weird? Honest opinions, please.

Elanoa wrote:Sadly, I'm probably booked solid. Getting married during PAX is kind of killing my ability to socialize. That and inviting most of my friends, who are also here for the wedding, to stay at my house.

Well yeah, but... you're getting married! Also pretty spectacular. Congrats!
Nyannet

Postby Nyannet » 19 Aug 2011, 15:32

I may be biased.. as I will have business cards to trade, but I think trading for random craft gift bags would be cool.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 21 Aug 2011, 18:56

Elanoa wrote:Sadly, I'm probably booked solid. Getting married during PAX is kind of killing my ability to socialize. That and inviting most of my friends, who are also here for the wedding, to stay at my house.

How DARE you! you have the gall to get married the weekend of PAX? Have you no SOUL!?!?

Just kidding, and many many congratulations for you and your spouse to be!
Nyannet

Postby Nyannet » 22 Aug 2011, 12:56

SOON
DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 25 Aug 2011, 11:01

Just a reminder/heads-up for anyone who lives or is staying in the Redmond/Bellevue/Kirkland area: the SR-520 bridge will be closed this weekend, so you won't be able to get to Seattle that way. I-90 will be open, or if you really want to you can take I-405 until it meets I-5 and then come into town that way.
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 25 Aug 2011, 12:56

Gods, I need to learn to pack lighter. And maybe decide not to go to the first hour and a half of class if my stuff is so heavy and I'm going on public transportation and I'm going to have to leave halfway through. >.<
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 25 Aug 2011, 14:01

Can I ask a huge favor?

During PAX one of the games I play(League of legends) give out codes for a special skin for one of the many champs in the game and going to pax is the only way to get a hold of the skin(they put them in the bag everry one gets). thanks to Psychopez I got the one from last pax, but they have released a new skin for this pax if there is anyone who doesn't want their code for some reason could I please have it.

pleasssssseeeeeee
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 25 Aug 2011, 18:54

Trymantha, if I get one consider it yours
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Aug 2011, 22:11

Hey, I'm going to have spotty access to the tweets on my way up from Portland, so if a meetup is planned for Saturday, would someone be so kind as to post deets here? Cheers.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 26 Aug 2011, 22:08

metcarfre wrote:Hey, I'm going to have spotty access to the tweets on my way up from Portland, so if a meetup is planned for Saturday, would someone be so kind as to post deets here? Cheers.

LRR #PAX Meetup! Saturday, 1:00PM, Freeway Park (third floor, under the escalator) Followed by Magic playing time around 2:00PM!

direct from twitter
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Aug 2011, 07:16

THANK YOU!
LackingSanity
First Video: One of the Unskippables, I think.

Postby LackingSanity » 28 Aug 2011, 18:52

Well that was fun.
Nyannet

Postby Nyannet » 28 Aug 2011, 19:35

I am posting re-caps of PAX trip on my blog. Day 0 and Day 1 are done, Day 2 and 3 will have to wait till home, so many photos!

Day 0:
http://nyannet.com/Article.aspx?ID=239

Day 1:
http://nyannet.com/Article.aspx?ID=238

Didn't really meet to many LRR fans at the meetup because we had to run to get in line for Acquisitions inc. but it was cool to see everyone and so forth.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Aug 2011, 20:50

Twas cool beans.

Edit; ALSO I FINALLY GOT KOTOR FOR XBOX THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 28 Aug 2011, 21:36

Nyannet wrote:I am posting re-caps of PAX trip on my blog. Day 0 and Day 1 are done, Day 2 and 3 will have to wait till home, so many photos!

Day 0:
http://nyannet.com/Article.aspx?ID=239

Day 1:
http://nyannet.com/Article.aspx?ID=238

Didn't really meet to many LRR fans at the meetup because we had to run to get in line for Acquisitions inc. but it was cool to see everyone and so forth.

Awesome recaps, man! Can't wait to read more-

Wait.

WAIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY.

SHIT.

Stop the freakin' presses.

THIS PICTURE

THIS PICTURE

Do you have a larger version, by any chance? Because HOLY SHIT I think Josh STILL HAS THE BUTTON I GAVE HIM AT PAX EAST ON HIS BACKPACK

Do you see it? Holy shit holy shit holy shit

HOLY SHIT

That is absolutely amazing. I am going to make sure to find him at PAX East and thank him.
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby EikoandMog » 28 Aug 2011, 23:02

*sigh* You North American people and your awesome conventions. I hope to eventually go to PAX at least once.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 28 Aug 2011, 23:43

Try - I got one. I'll give it to you. Met - you were there? I didn't know which one you were! :( But it was awesome and when it started getting really magic-heavy I went and hung out with Tally and had awesome times.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 29 Aug 2011, 05:56

AlexanderDitto wrote:Do you have a larger version, by any chance? Because HOLY SHIT I think Josh STILL HAS THE BUTTON I GAVE HIM AT PAX EAST ON HIS BACKPACK

I was going to ask who Josh was, but I will just assume he is the guy who clearly has your button on his backpack.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 29 Aug 2011, 06:28

@Fayili - I saw you, but chickened out of saying hi because, I don't know, it felt awkward? I'm sorry, I suck. But the cookie was good! Better than the chocolate-covered bacon I had earlier on the trip.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 29 Aug 2011, 06:44

Yaxley wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Do you have a larger version, by any chance? Because HOLY SHIT I think Josh STILL HAS THE BUTTON I GAVE HIM AT PAX EAST ON HIS BACKPACK

I was going to ask who Josh was, but I will just assume he is the guy who clearly has your button on his backpack.

Haha yep! He works at Penny Arcade with Robert, he's in PA: The Series a bunch. And yeah I zoomed in and ENHANCED and that is definitely my button.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 29 Aug 2011, 11:52

metcarfre wrote:@Fayili - I saw you, but chickened out of saying hi because, I don't know, it felt awkward? I'm sorry, I suck. But the cookie was good! Better than the chocolate-covered bacon I had earlier on the trip.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Next time say hi! I was hanging out with Captainmakr/Commander Keen and occasionally Aero and Dolphin. And Falconknight didn't have problems saying hi! BAH. :P

DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 29 Aug 2011, 12:01

Sorry I didn't get anyone's names at the meetup. Like Nyannet said, had to go get in line for Acquisitions, Inc. It was great hanging out with everyone, though!

I'm just gonna go ahead and leave these pictures here. (I'm the guy in the white shirt behind Matt.)
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 29 Aug 2011, 13:06

Fayili wrote:
metcarfre wrote:@Fayili - I saw you, but chickened out of saying hi because, I don't know, it felt awkward? I'm sorry, I suck. But the cookie was good! Better than the chocolate-covered bacon I had earlier on the trip.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Next time say hi! I was hanging out with Captainmakr/Commander Keen and occasionally Aero and Dolphin. And Falconknight didn't have problems saying hi! BAH. :P

That is because I am an awesome dude :P

Also, I really wanted to meet Met as well.

Pictures will be appearing momentarily.

EDIT: Read my blog for Pics!

LRR Meetup:http://fk06.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/pax-prime-2011-lrr-meetup/

PAX in general: http://fk06.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/pax-prime-2011/
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat

Return to “General Discussion”