Torchwood

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Re: Torchwood

Postby Digital Dolphin » 10 Sep 2011, 11:28

Overall I enjoyed the series, although it certainly had its' ups and downs. I'm glad that they got Charlotte in the end, and I'm generally happy that Rex "survived" the experience. I totally called that Jack would survive as he would be immortal again, and I expected Rex to somehow gain the immortality because of acting as the mortal on the other side of the world.

I really enjoyed Oswald's character in this, and I think he was amazingly well written and acted.

Also, spoiler tags are fun.
#TeamKroze
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Sep 2011, 15:29

Drinnik wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Last episode is a big improvement. I'm glad they threw in the random alien. It was getting too... boring without aliens. Now lets hope they tie it up well.

*edit* Isn't there meant to be a nest of giant flesheating spiders at the centre of the earth?

There was, but the Doctor destroyed them with the Thames.

But the nest is still there in the centre :P it's just filled with drowned spiders suspended in fetid riverwater :P

Watched the last episode on a stream site because despite Torchwood being British, they decide to show it first on American TV...

With regards to the Rex being immortal thing, I think Russle T Davis doesn't give a shit with continuity. Least Moffat built the saftey net of the cracks in time deleting everything when ever he forgets about continuity. I also expect that Rex and Jack become gay lovers because the irony factor will be hilarious. I actually thought Jack would make a move onto Oswald but then Jack showed that he wasn't a sex machine and was an arse to him instead. I'm also glad Jilly survived. I also facepalmed when it turned out the families had more plans. Just give me the fucking inhuman aliens. I don't watch a spin-off of Dr Who to find out the monsters are people and not aliens (ignore Nightterrors and other alike episodes).

woops... forgot to close that spoiler thing. I'm sorry if it ruined anyone's excitment.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 11 Sep 2011, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
Terminus
First Video: Unskippable ("Vanquish")

Postby Terminus » 11 Sep 2011, 10:22

The finale was not very good, and the series as a whole was very, very wobbly. Not as good as the first three series.
As Yahtzee said, there is no middle finger big enough.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Sep 2011, 16:05

I had hoped this would be another "The last ever I promise" series. I don't like how it feels like it will come back...
It'll end up like LOST. People will urge it to finish. Each time, we'll be biterly disappointed.

Return to “General Discussion”