Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby empath » 03 Aug 2011, 08:05

iamafish wrote:I'm more tired when I wake up than i was when i went to bed.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?!

1) it's possible that your mattress isn't right for you - too soft/too firm; you can actually get muscle pains from sleeping on a 'bad mattress'. That sort of pain CAN interfere with your ability to rest (even if it doesn't wake you up)

2) I Am Not A Doctor™, but I seem to find that people sleep in 'phases': going down into deep sleep, then drifting back up to near-wakefulness before going 'down' again for another 'wave' - if you, say, sleep two waves in seven hours and wake up when you're at a 'crest' you'll feel rested. But if you sleep EIGHT hours, and your alarm clock wakes you while you're descending into a third phase of deep sleep, it interrupts that pattern and leaves you feeling weary. {/complete conjecture with no documented evidence}

3) it's possible that personal stressors in your life right now are currently interfering with ability to rest properly. Don't know what's going on in your life, but that could be a factor. :(

Hope your slumbers become more fruitful in the near future!
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 03 Aug 2011, 10:36

empath wrote:2) I Am Not A Doctor™, but I seem to find that people sleep in 'phases': going down into deep sleep, then drifting back up to near-wakefulness before going 'down' again for another 'wave' - if you, say, sleep two waves in seven hours and wake up when you're at a 'crest' you'll feel rested. But if you sleep EIGHT hours, and your alarm clock wakes you while you're descending into a third phase of deep sleep, it interrupts that pattern and leaves you feeling weary. {/complete conjecture with no documented evidence}
You're closer than you might think. From what I've heard, sleep cycles run about 90 minutes each; sleeping for any multiple of that will leave you feeling energised, but the further away from those times you wake up, the worse you'll feel.

This is based mostly on this handy website, which Reddit seems to swear by. Of course, I'm guessing that it's a little bit simplified, but it seems legit.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
semysane
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby semysane » 03 Aug 2011, 10:47

IIRC from my psychology classes, you only actually get rest during REM, so if something is interrupting your REM sleep (like nightmares) that would badly affect your restfulness.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 03 Aug 2011, 10:51

Man, white people are SO stupid. I hate white people.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 03 Aug 2011, 11:06

Mister Fiend wrote:Man, white people are SO stupid. I hate white people.

Yeah, me too.

*look in a mirror* Oh...I see.

OT: Can't find any songs at the moment that I can use for mixing. This frustrates me. I need new musics.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 03 Aug 2011, 11:09

anamanaguchi, freezepop, maybe some j-pop?

it's still too hot. seriously. the train ride home i thought i was going to drown in my own sweat. it wasn't pretty.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 03 Aug 2011, 11:12

Hard to find an initial beat with those, i've found. Would be mega-tricky without something to mix into.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 03 Aug 2011, 12:14

auberginequeen wrote:I woke up a few days ago with a dry throat and a nose full of mucus.

These are kinda typical allergy symptoms, and my dad was experiencing something similar, so I took some Claritin.

It didn't help.

Then I remembered ... who was it who was sick but insisted on coming over here to my nice, non-infected house and spreading his germs of sickly sickness all over the place?

Oh yeah ... LEVI.

The source of almost EVERY SINGLE ILLNESS I have EVER ENCOUNTERED since I MET HIM.

I remember back to those days before I met him, when everyone in my class would get the flu except me, and everyone would be suffering through cold season except me, and I would only be sick about once every few years.

How could I let someone with such a weak, weak immune system who gets sick like three times a year into my life to infect my body and make me feel like shit?

You are a dick, Levi. I hate you. Not really. But seriously stop doing this! And for the love of God stop taking a sip of every beverage I get for myself!

Ugh. *snuffles*

Just remember; every bug he gives you is making you stronger! He's doing it because he loves you, and is worried for your health and welfare!

Yeah! THAT'S TOTALLY IT. >.>
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 03 Aug 2011, 13:26

Friends share toys, Lovers share germs.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Aug 2011, 14:08

the_lone_bard wrote:My hair is fucking ruined.
I grew it for 5 years and some asshole ignores what i say and fucks it all up.
This was the ONLY thing i've ever had control of, and in the space of an hour it's fucking ruined. i look like a retard and i feel like one for letting myself be talking into having it cut.
Now i have to go to another hair dresser to get the fucking thing fixed, which means short.

First time i've felt depressed in over a year. I'm not even me anymore...

Edit: Went to another place, almost twice as expensive, but they made it look good enough to last me till i can get it re-grown... Though i learnt one serious lesson today. My happyness is in direct proportion to my hair lengh, NEVER shall i have it cut shorter than i can tie it back again.

I know it sucks to get a shitty haircut but here is a pro-tip:

Short hair looks better than long hair on 100% of males. No, there are no exceptions. Even if you look good with long hair you will look better if you get a good short cut.

This is coming from a guy who routinely grows his hair out to around his shoulders before getting it cut.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 03 Aug 2011, 14:15

GAAAAAAAH! *throws a chair*

For Christ's sakes, people, the photoshoot is this Saturday! Either give me a number I can call so I can reach you easier or, here's a thought, start responding to messages!

Never again. Never this many people involved at once again after this.
Last edited by Vanguard on 03 Aug 2011, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 03 Aug 2011, 14:22

Nevrmore wrote:
the_lone_bard wrote:My hair is fucking ruined.
I grew it for 5 years and some asshole ignores what i say and fucks it all up.
This was the ONLY thing i've ever had control of, and in the space of an hour it's fucking ruined. i look like a retard and i feel like one for letting myself be talking into having it cut.
Now i have to go to another hair dresser to get the fucking thing fixed, which means short.

First time i've felt depressed in over a year. I'm not even me anymore...

Edit: Went to another place, almost twice as expensive, but they made it look good enough to last me till i can get it re-grown... Though i learnt one serious lesson today. My happyness is in direct proportion to my hair lengh, NEVER shall i have it cut shorter than i can tie it back again.

I know it sucks to get a shitty haircut but here is a pro-tip:

Short hair looks better than long hair on 100% of males. No, there are no exceptions. Even if you look good with long hair you will look better if you get a good short cut.

This is coming from a guy who routinely grows his hair out to around his shoulders before getting it cut.

This is just one guy's opinion, though. I, on the other hand, have hair that extends all the way down my back and I'm of the opinion it is at this length that it looks the best it possibly can. vOv
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Aug 2011, 16:05

You are incorrect.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 03 Aug 2011, 16:07

I'm with nevrmore.

Not once, in my entire life, have I looked at a man with long hair and thought, "Yeah, he made the right choice. That does look better."

-m

I am not angry at you.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Aug 2011, 16:10

I'm with Matt, and his incredibly soft hair.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 03 Aug 2011, 16:12

Depends on the guy. I've always had a soft spot for artistic men with long hair, especially musicians.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Aug 2011, 16:13

Nevrmore wrote:No, there are no exceptions.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 03 Aug 2011, 16:15

I think it depends on the guy, and the type of hair. It's not just about what looks good, it's what the person wants to look like, what their style is like.

I've seen women with shaven heads and while I, in general, tend to think that long hair looks better, they've looked really great, because it's part of their style.
Hurp-De-Durp!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 03 Aug 2011, 16:16

I used to grow mine out to just a pony tail then marine cut it short every 12 months (not my choice really) but I liked the marine cut personally.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Aug 2011, 16:17

I'm not saying that you have to cut your hair. If you want to grow it out, grow it out. Ain't my place to command you.

I'm just saying that a good shortcut will, with zero chance of failure, look better than a good longcut.
thatlaurachick

Postby thatlaurachick » 03 Aug 2011, 16:18

Nevrmore wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:No, there are no exceptions.

You're not me, so :P. If I wanna say "Hey, he's hot" about a guy with long hair, I will.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Aug 2011, 16:19

You're misinterpreting me. I'm not saying a man is incapable of looking "hot" with long hair. Just that he will look hotter if his hair is cut shorter.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 03 Aug 2011, 16:27

H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
thatlaurachick

Postby thatlaurachick » 03 Aug 2011, 16:29

Arius wrote:That is all.

what he said.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 03 Aug 2011, 16:30

The man manages balls, after all.