Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby TheRocket » 10 Aug 2011, 18:51

Do you know exactly what you have wrong with it Dan?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 10 Aug 2011, 18:55

Feels like a knot. I can't reach it without casing myself pain. Its been there all day, but mild.

(I feel guilty, now for dragging this out. Sorry.)
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 10 Aug 2011, 19:19

Keeping with the topic of joint related pain, my knees are giving me a really rough time. I think it's just a bit of inflamation from the extra excercise I've been doing. I didn't go for a ride today and I've been icing them periodically, which has helped. But they're still a bit stiff. If it keeps up, I'll have to go see a doctor. Or I would, except I haven't renewed my health card which expires...today! Really hate going downtown and filling out the stupid paperwork and getting my picture taken, but I guess I better.

Also the water heater appears to have developed a (water) leak. Great. I haven't the slightest idea how, it seems to be on the bottom of the tank. Maybe a weld failed or something.

And this has been very frustrating to post, because my space bar keeps sticking. It's messing with my touch typing. I'd use my iPad, but I hate Safari.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 11 Aug 2011, 02:15

My brother, in the infinite... whatever it is that he has instead of wisdom, brought a hedgehog inside last night and put it in a cardboard box. On the floor. With no lid.

We now have a hedgehog loose in the house and, so far, we have not been able to find it.

My brother is the biggest moron I know.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 11 Aug 2011, 02:21

---

Seriously though, I hope you find the poor thing soon, it's probably terrified in a corner somewhere.
Hurp-De-Durp!
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 11 Aug 2011, 08:30

It's cool, the hedgehog was found. Nobody wanted to find it in three week's time by smell.. :?

It was asleep under a cabinet. We used our cousin's dog to find it, and thankfully she didn't get close enough to be a threat to the 'hog.

My brother picked it up and put it in a washing basket while it was waking up (a basket, I must add, with lower sides than the box he put it in, and with big holes up the sides for it to clamber on) while he went to get a camera.

Truly, I live with an imbecile.

Still, it's now back outside where it belongs. So that's good.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 11 Aug 2011, 09:54

So on Monday I find out if I still have a job - or if I have, in fact, been working for free for the last week. That should be fun.

:evil:

(I should probably add that I have nothing bad to say about the company I'm working AT, just the recruitment agency who I have the actual contract with. It turns out that they don't feel the need to inform anyone when they DO renew a contract, but neither do they tell you if your request for an extension HASN'T been granted. This is a solid gold foolproof recipe for success, as I was telling the Gently Oscillating Purple Pope of the Moon only last week.)
goat

Postby goat » 11 Aug 2011, 15:04

Ok, so I needed to pour some gels for tomorrow. Easy procedure, takes about an hour. The only catch is that I'm only pouring 5 instead of 10. No problem: cut everything by half, fill the rest of the space in the mold with solid spacers.

Somehow, I wind up with significantly less than the amount of gel I need. I checked my numbers 3 times and reprepped the gel: still short.

WTF!? Where did the rest of it fucking go? I have plenty of extra when I pour 10, in theory, I should have half as much extra when I pour 5, right? I mean, sure, I'll lose some to filling the rest of the void space, but that was fucking ridiculous. To pour 5 gels, I wound up using 75% of the typical mixture. I am utterly confused. There is no way that there was that much void space in there.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Gollom

Postby Gollom » 11 Aug 2011, 19:18

Feeling kind of forgotten today. Knew it was going to be bad when my friend didn't show, didn't text, email or call and didn't respond to my text. Still haven't heard from him, but I'm assuming he's alive because his girlfriend probably would've called by now if he wasn't.

Kind of pissed at him in general. Can't decide if he's just a moron or if he's legitimately scared of Windsor. "County people" are terrified of the big city, so maybe it's the latter, but he'd make his life a lot less terrible if he'd just move here. Can't convince him that large amounts of HFCS is bad for him, though, so little chance of convincing him that Windsor is safe.

And the water heater leaked throughout the night, and naturally no one else saw fit to clean it up or make sure it was draining properly. Barefoot in my boxers, mopping water into a drain at 7:30am. Great way to start out. Union Gas guy came out late this afternoon, inspected and replaced it within an hour, so that was pretty cool.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 11 Aug 2011, 20:07

So I fixed my sleeping pattern. Woke up bright and early. Tonight? So much stomach pain I've folded like a pretzel. I knew that orange tasted off.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 12 Aug 2011, 00:46

Can someone please explain to me how I just managed to spit mouthwash into my own eye?
semysane
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby semysane » 12 Aug 2011, 02:12

Splashback? Were you using a bendy straw?
Gollom

Postby Gollom » 12 Aug 2011, 11:25

Stupid dog slipped out while I was hanging the laundry out. I didn't notice and he decided to go for a little tour of the neighbourhood. One of the neighbours spotted him and thought he was a stray, because of his missing fur. They fed him(which was nice of them, and he made a pig of himself apparnetly) and called the humane society(understandable). They never showed, which is good, but also kind of worrying. Luckily, the lady across the street saw him and realized he was ours, so had her boyfriend bring him back. Still feel awful, though. What if he'd been hit or wandered onto the Via tracks? Or the awful people next door had found him and let their horrible dog attack? Can't believe I was so careless.

Also I guess some of the neighbours probably think he's sick and we're horrible people. He had mites and he's old, damnit. We've treated, and are treating, the mites but it's going to be a while before all the fur grows back. His hips suck, he's got poor vision in one eye, and he's a bit thin. But he's OLD. Other than that, he's healthy and surprisingly energetic. It bothers me that they might think we're mistreating him, and I don't know why.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 13 Aug 2011, 05:59

This is directed at nobody here on the forums. If anyone has my facebook, they know who it is directed at though.

You are all FUCKING CUNTS! I've known every single fucking one of you, since i was 7. I've always been kind to most of you (1 exception.) and i've always been happy to be the one that gets asked last. I've listened to every one of you lots problems, and i've always tagged along if asked, even if i couldn't afford it or didn't feel like it, just cause you wanted me to.
Well FUCK YOU ALL. For the last 6 months or so I've not been asked last, because i've not been asked at all. Fuck you (Name Redacted.) For always screaming in my face that i'm a troll because my opinion differed from yours. I disslike the transformers movies and you asked me if i've seen the new one, i say, as nicely as possible "No, and i won't. I liked the comics and the tv show, i seen what michael bay did to the first one and it was horrible." To which, into my face gets screamed "TROLL"
As for you (Name Redacted) You are a whiney little emo fuck. You are a powergamer and lie about it as much as you want. You tell me all the time how you managed to buy 4 phyrexian obliterators for $65. Or how you got 4 of each of the swords cheaply. Yet when i get pissed at loosing to net decks, you have a go at me? Well fuck you. You may build your own decks out of your own ideas. But you still spent Well over $1000 on m12 alone so far. And you insult me for calling you on that shit and then insist that you traded for all of them. And to top it all off, you come to my facebook status, and try to start shit with me, then insult everyones intelligence by implying that i was starting shit with you simply because i defend myself against your arguments, and finish it all off with the line "I'm not scared of you." As if i'm going to come to your house and fight you or something. First off. I don't ever try and win an argument by "Scaring" people. Second. I never said anything to even remotely give you that impression. Third. Why the FUCK would you think that you are even possibly worth the time it would take to knock you on your fucking ass and shut you up for good.
As for you (Name Redacted.) You were no fucking part of this argument, Yet when (Name Redacted.) starts an argument with me, you rush to point out that you and all my other "Friends" have his back.

Well fuck you all. I'm sick of this shit. you lot can go fuck eachother for all i care. I'm sick of paying money to come to FNM every week to hang out with you, when the onlytime i ever get the impression i'm wanted, is when i have something you want, or i'm the onlyone around. I'm sick of not being invited anywhere. I'm sick of no-one offering to give me a lift home, even though you'll happily drive across town to drop someone else home, yet won't drive an extra minute down the road to my place, and you whinging when i ask. I'm sick of being insulted because i have a different opinion to you all. And most of all, I'm fucking sick to death of not being able to speak my mind around you all for fear of loosing the few friends who i actually have that live less than 2 hours away.

And the next fucking one of you, that does try to start a fucking argument with me over this, after i've repeatedly put an end to it. I will fucking come to your house. And i will knock your fucking teeth out because, I'm not your fucking punching bag. Every single one of you talks about the others behind their backs, yet turns around and gives them whatever the fuck they want. I can't even borrow a fucking land (Magic the gathering) off you to finish my deck without being insulted. Well fuck it. I aint your fucking whipping boy and i'm not gunna act like it anymore. Find someone else to be a cunt to, the lot of ya.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 13 Aug 2011, 19:19

I'm fucking depressed as shit
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 13 Aug 2011, 19:25

Fuck you, Occam's Razor. I over-complicate everything and always look for the THOUSAND possible scenarios and accommodate them all and completely overlook the SIMPLEST!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 13 Aug 2011, 22:58

I am so ill, but apparently, there's no one to cover me. I've thrown up twice, and once had thatt weird mouth-filling-with-saliva-but-not-actually-throwing-up thing.

I know this has nothing to do with the wedding reception on Friday, because I was fine yesterday. Fucking badly run organisation.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Aug 2011, 06:37

Okay that's just ruined my whole day.

So I was in Dartmoor last week, on my church's camp, and there's no signal, no reception, no nothing.

I just found that someone from work had tried to text me last Monday wanting me to call them back urgently. Except even if I'd got it I wouldn't be able to call them back. So now when I go into work tomorrow I may be on the receiving end of something nasty. And of course because there's no one else there who's doing what I'm doing there's no one else to ask.

I'm starting to really dislike my work.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Postby nonjabiru » 14 Aug 2011, 10:31

I know, it's expensive as hell to go to cons and get autographs but if I want to go to one, meet Stan Lee, and get a picture and autograph with him that's going to be $114? No, that's not happening. I'm already spending enough money on stupid stuff. If I had him sign a picture of an anime version of himself asking for a cup of coffee (or a polaroid picture of him in that pose) that would most likely be the stupidest thing I've spent money on. Somewhat funny, but terribly stupid.
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 14 Aug 2011, 11:00

Mother. My ten year old sister? Not my responsibility. Your nearly 92 year old mother? Not my responsibility. Our depressive cousin who apparently lives on our sofa? Not my responsibility.
But I will gladly take care of them all during my brief soujourn home, because it's no real hassle and it's not liek I have anything better to do.

But do not leave me to take care of all of teh above, then treat me like a fucking twelve year old every time you worry about me being left on my own, or act like I've never heard someone say the word "fuck". Do not act like I've never gone out, gotten plastered and snogged some guy's face off. I'm twenty. I've made mistakes. I can take care of myself in Big Bad Bath, I'm pretty sure I can manage the bloody Stepford wannabe you live in.

Either treat me like a responsible adult or don't, but don't yo-yo between the two, because it gives me a fucking migraine.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 14 Aug 2011, 12:00

And don't thank me or anything. Go right ahead and maake snide comments.
That's fiiiiiine.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 14 Aug 2011, 13:20

What the fuck do I do to calm down? I can never remember. :x
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 14 Aug 2011, 14:02

Using your...left hand, clench, and move your wrist up and down, until finished.

Or satisfied, whichever comes first.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 14 Aug 2011, 14:05

You know what? I'm just going to link the post I did on Tumblr. Just read that.

[link]
ImageImageImageImage
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 14 Aug 2011, 14:05

Um.. no. Not that. And I'm right handed anyway.

In fact, I have more or less calmed down now. I just needed to do some mindless task for a while, I guess.

Return to “General Discussion”