Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby TheRocket » 19 Aug 2011, 11:50

Geoff_B wrote:Odd, I thought you could only ever get chicken pox once, due to antibodies and all that stuff.

Anyway hope you get well soon :D

YOU WOULD THINK SO WOULDN'T YOU?

Noppppe, you can get it again. It's rare, but it happens. The nurse said she was almost sure it was chicken pox and explained why. It made sense but really I have my doubts.

A.) I've has both chicken pox AND the Varicella vaccine
and B.) It's not spreading to my face or anything C.) I'm not experiencing a fever or anything. =/

I think it might be a bad reaction to something, but I won't know until I go see another doctor probably on monday. Either way.. I'm in quarantine and one medical professional already said it's probably chicken pox, so I can't really argue with that.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 19 Aug 2011, 12:06

sdhonda wrote:
empath wrote:This is it; I'm gonna spend most of my free time this week job hunting, and I'm going to give myself a time limit - I am leaving Sobeys by that date. Period. (now I just have to procrastinate in choosing that date. :P )

The deli is going into the shitter; more and more people that I actually like are leaving. The source problems keep getting worse and worse; I'm seriously concerned that a customer is going to get seriously ill from the shoddy food safety practices - BY MANAGEMENT ITSELF.

...and there still seems to be nothing available 'round here that doesn't involve customer service. :(

Wait, don't most of your vents have to do with coworkers and management, rather than customers?

Yeah, but despite my acceptance of human fallibility in patrons and customers, same said fallibility is a contributing factor to my stress levels. And I've...well, apart from a two week temp stint with a shipping company, ALL my work experience can be defined as "customer service" - I want a damn change...I'm even thinking about hauling my middle-aged ass into a technical school and apprenticing a trade...

Also, ya, that's part of the reason I quit my last job. Place was getting so sloppy, I didn't want to be around when someone got food poisoning.

Ho-boy.

It's being said that the 'backslide' on the deli's standards may well be a PLOY OF THE ASSISTANT MANAGER TO GET HER IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR FIRED (whereupon the asst would hope to get promoted into the vacant position).

This changes a LOT of things, and only encourages me to GET THE FUCK OUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!!!

...I'm even considering starting my own business; worst case scenario would be it flops and what - I go into debt? Image
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 20 Aug 2011, 15:23

eugh!

We haven't seen each other in weeks (for totally understandable reasons beyond our control) and all I get is a bunch of unconvincing excuses when i suggest meeting up. If you don't want to see me then just fucking tell me! If you do then stop being so negative and show a little enthusiasm, because at the moment, it seems like you don't really want to be in this fucking relationship. Ok, to be fair, i'm fairly certain I don't either, which is why i want to meet up in the first place (I'm a real man and conduct my breakups face to face). Then when I call you out on this, it seems like we're about to have an argument, so you run away.

THIS IS NOT FUCKING HEALTHY. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE ACTUALLY COMMUNICATED, RATHER THAN JUST TALKING?

Fuck. I am sick of all your bullshit and vague allusions. Problems that you ignore don't go away, they just get worse. Conflict is not inherently bad. Sure, it's unpleasant, but sometimes it's needed. You can't keep dodging conflicts like this. My head hurts from beating it against the metaphorical brick walls that you are ever increasingly willing to erect between us.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 20 Aug 2011, 18:12

WHY DON'T I OBEY MY OWN COMMANDS!!?!?!? WHY!?!?! WHY!?! WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?

back to work with me then.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
epocalypse
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 20 Aug 2011, 20:57

I fear I'm becoming a black hole for time, and that I'll never really get anything done, and I'm not sure I ever have before. On the bright side, I am furthering the art of the emoticon:

(°⏖°) (•⍛•) (•⏖•) [*⏡*] [*_*]...

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!??! YOU SHALL BE CLEAN, OFFICE/STUDIO, YOU SHALL BE CLEAN!!!!!!
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 21 Aug 2011, 00:36

Dear the frog who has taken up residence in my throat and is making me cough

GET. OUT.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Love and kisses

Me
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 21 Aug 2011, 13:39

I'm oscillating swiftly between "I'll just sleep on the floor, and work in empty classrooms and live out of a box" and "YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK!"

I just...I ask for a bed. They are shocked. Because moving into a new house requires a new bed (specially when it won't fit my current one).

They say they'll look into it.

"Take the futon." They say.

I put up no resistance. Sure, it's a little uncomfortable, and really low, and bad for my back, but it's something...

Only, the futon is too big for the car, and I still need to worry about a desk, and chair, and a chest of drawers would be nice.

I just get a funky look. I suggest renting a moving van. "Hadn't thought of that." is the reply.

I look at prices. $122 I thought (actually, 150). I tell them. I get whistled at. You know the whistle. The "that's too much money" whistle.

I offer to pay for it. It's not like I need that money for food. It's not like I'm making minimum wage, sometimes, and paying for school myself, and paying my own rent. Clearly I have the spare cash lying around.

And now I go upstairs for half a second, and they're looking for cruise tickets.

Just.

...I'll just sleep on the floor and work in empty classrooms and live out of a box...
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 21 Aug 2011, 14:58

Dude.. sounds like your dad needs a couple punches to the face.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Aug 2011, 15:32

From Dreamer's past vents, this would hardly be the first time.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath

Postby empath » 21 Aug 2011, 15:39

Agreed, Gunner; I'm willing to leave my prints behind by holding 'im down for you.

Dammit...I just did it again; I went and read the Cuteness thread before the Venting thread - now my ending emotion is gonna be grumpy and pissed off for other people (and myself after making my REAL vent).

Sigh...

Anyways, I'm revising Letter #1 (the 'nice' resignation letter that attributes my leaving to progressive arthritis vs. long periods standing on concrete floors and noisy, fan-filled workplace vs. another progressive problem - this one with my hearing going 'Charlie Brown's teacher' with any level of background noise - and gives two week's notice) and gonna print it off and keep it in my work apron pocket for handing over to my boss when she gets back from vacation.

...and then I'll delight in re-reading Letter #2 (the brutal truth that the all the sundry problems plaguing the deli - from minor to critical - can be traced back to her immediate subordinate).

=What's that - bad day at work, empath?

Well, let's see...

Ass. Mngr.'s micromanaging has revealed another issue; all the new hires have never actually been TRAINED TO DO ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN - *she* would always do the shrink culls in the morning and print up the production reports and whatnot, and then just tell them "make x cold plates and y pizzas" etc.

*exasperated sigh*

So I had to start off the shift with me by showing the two newbs how to do the standard opening process (that normally a deli clerk would have been shown how to do and could do on their own after the six weeks or so they've been working and training)

*resigned shrug*

...and then getting our production reports was stymied by a different issue - someone had locked the two computers in the back office, and not the usual O/S terminal lockout, but something unique to whoever last used them.

*facepalm*

So I helped them *estimate* how much stuff to make. You know, the old method we used before this fancy-schmancy computerized statistical analysis method they introduced to make our production more efficient to maximize sales and minimize waste.

(said back office supervisor came in - at NOON - and unlocked the computers...after we'd already gotten everything started)

...and I did this while making a whole pile of ordered party trays (which, of course, neither had any experience or training on...hell, I had one that *I'd* never made before, either)

*rubs temple*

AND someone went and broke the door latch CLEAN OFF the walk-in cooler (all the pieces were sitting on a counter next to said door on a greasy paper towel).

*grinds teeth*

After getting them going on things, and getting all the orders due before noon finished up, I took a break at about ten, with the expectation of doing the last two trays when I got back, and then helping my colleagues with production.

At a little short of my return at quarter-past, one of the clerks came up to the breakroom to ask me about a tray order he couldn't find in the cooler; the customer was waiting on it.

...it was an order sheet I hadn't seen before.

*flush of panic and frustration*

Turned out it'd been ripped out of the three-ring binder that holds them all (tears by each of the holes) and then stuffed in a pocket in the front of same said binder - old orders that people have picked up are often stuck in there, so I didn't pay it any attention.

*thoughts of cruel retribution*

So the two green recruits got a crash course on making a large sandwich tray on their own (one had watched it done several times, and they had the recipe book to follow) while I whipped up a fruit & cheese tray (fortunately all the odder ingredients were on hand - didn't have to go buy some almonds or dried apricots from grocery, or strawberries from produce)

I'd apologized to the customer and asked him to wait at most a half-hour...it took us twenty two minutes. :) And naturally we halved the price of the trays.

*whistle of relief*

And remember that broken cooler door? I'd affixed a sign saying "latch broken - please be sure to push door up securely", but inevitably an alarm sounded at maybe 2pm - the door must've gotten left ajar or bounced back open when someone shoved it closed. All the big coolers and freezers had klaxons installed with time-release alarms connected to the door to keep us from wasting electricity and spoiling food from 'being born in a barn' - you'll usually hear 'a goal being scored' from one of the warehouse freezers in back (yes, you can hear it ANYWHERE in the store - kinda the point), but that one in OUR cooler has only been triggered once or twice...

...which means that the on-duty managers for the store on a 'quiet' Sunday didn't know where to find the alarm cutoff (turns out it's not with the other ones) so when I left at 4pm, there was still a muffled yet-still-harsh alarm coming from inside the cooler that I could hear as I left through the front door...

Bad day?

"Believe me when I say 'uh-huh.'"

Worst part is, I never intended to detail all the frustrations I'd had today, and practice a little brevity, but here we go again...
goat

Postby goat » 21 Aug 2011, 16:00

theDreamer wrote:I'm oscillating swiftly between "I'll just sleep on the floor, and work in empty classrooms and live out of a box" and "YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK!"

I just...I ask for a bed. They are shocked. Because moving into a new house requires a new bed (specially when it won't fit my current one).

They say they'll look into it.

"Take the futon." They say.

I put up no resistance. Sure, it's a little uncomfortable, and really low, and bad for my back, but it's something...

Only, the futon is too big for the car, and I still need to worry about a desk, and chair, and a chest of drawers would be nice.

I just get a funky look. I suggest renting a moving van. "Hadn't thought of that." is the reply.

I look at prices. $122 I thought (actually, 150). I tell them. I get whistled at. You know the whistle. The "that's too much money" whistle.

I offer to pay for it. It's not like I need that money for food. It's not like I'm making minimum wage, sometimes, and paying for school myself, and paying my own rent. Clearly I have the spare cash lying around.

And now I go upstairs for half a second, and they're looking for cruise tickets.

Just.

...I'll just sleep on the floor and work in empty classrooms and live out of a box...

That sounds eerily familiar....
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 21 Aug 2011, 16:30

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 21 Aug 2011, 16:31

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

That is all.

korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 21 Aug 2011, 16:39

Damn you eczema on my eyelids! I stopped using fragranced stuff like the dermatologist said, but it just won't get any better, in fact, its gotten worse!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 21 Aug 2011, 19:16

DAMMIT That message I sent to him didnt go through because I'm blocked and his phone is disconnected. I'll have to talk to his father for a new one or explain what's going on. I have no qualms with him and I don't want any, I just hope this doesnt spark anything
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 21 Aug 2011, 19:19

TheRocket wrote:A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
U
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

That is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OemNp6hgX4

and we're done here.
my personal site
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 21 Aug 2011, 19:21

Headache headache headache I'm sick of headaches.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 21 Aug 2011, 23:29

So this appears to be ill week on the venting thread? My cold STILL hasn't gone away. How am I supposed to work when I'm leaking oddly-coloured fluids out of my nose? :(
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 22 Aug 2011, 01:13

STOP SAYING YES OR NO TO FUCKING STATEMENTS! THEY'RE NOT QUESTIONS!

"I'm changing your ISP to save money. It's faster too because it's fiber optic!"
"But we don't HAVE fiber optic cables in our area.
"Yeah."
".... No. You're not listening. Again. We cannot GET faster internet because we do not HAVE those cables. You're wasting money in the long run."
"Yeah. Well, the guy's coming out today for the change!"
"NO! NOT LISTENING! OPEN YOUR EARS! SLOWER! MORE EXPENSIVE! BAD SWITCH!"
"How is it? It's fiber optic!"
"NO IT'S NOT!"
"But it says on the letter-"
"IT CAN SAY ON THE LETTER I GET A FUCKING LAPDANCE FROM A CHICK WITH MASSIVE TITS! DOESN'T MEAN THAT WILL HAPPEN EITHER! WE DO NOT! HAVE! FIBER! OPTIC! CABLES!"

The simplest fucking conversations with her tend to last around.... 6 years so far! I'm still getting the same lecture that I've been getting for 6 years about how the job center is dying and it's hard to find a job! Heard that story for SIX YEARS! Game I just started playing? Not heard that story once yet! And yes I've reset it several times just to catch parts that you've been TALKING RIGHT OVER! Turn volume up? You talk louder? Chase you out my room? You stand outside my door! Talking louder!

I no longer take the time telling you the THOUSAND ways you're wrong because you don't listen and I don't care.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
empath

Postby empath » 22 Aug 2011, 02:37

korri wrote:Damn you eczema on my eyelids! I stopped using fragranced stuff like the dermatologist said, but it just won't get any better, in fact, its gotten worse!

*EYELIDS*?!?

I used to get eczema on my fingertips in spring and fall (temp & humidity change, apparently) and that was annoying as hell but....jeeeeez! :shock:

*major sympathetic hugs*

Unfortunately, allergies and these similar skin conditions (I think eczema is more a symptom with a variety of different causes, but IANAD) are - despite the air of confidence the stethoscope wearers carry - are still not properly understood; low humidity has been cited for some people's cases (hanging around in a place with strong A/C maybe?) and others are allergic reactions to the most trivial things. And then the location on the body can make you boggle - my fingertips made sense of a) being outermost extremities (my toes got the same once or twice a decade), and b) being what I would TOUCH things with - exposing them to more sources of allergens or desiccants. One documented sufferer of eczema, however, only got it on his CHEEKS, and year-round. Another got it over her BACK...in the middle of winter. (?)

I could almost explain away your particular case with the eyelids being more sensitive, fragile skin than calloused digits...hmmm, have you been having more hot, sweat-inducing weather since it kicked in? Perspiring on your eyes, then wiping them would 1) wick away moisture from that skin and 2) abrade (even a tiny level).

...say, don't you wear glasses? Have you started using a lens cleaner, or changed what you use? Hell, have you STOPPED using anything? (one of my pet theories: the body becomes accustomed to a substance it's exposed to, and removing it results in the skin reacting to its absence with this condition)

Anyways, sorry for asking more questions; I've probably note done anything for your peace-of-mind. :( I really hope y'all trace the cause down and it's something easy to deal with. *crosses fingers*
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Aug 2011, 03:43

How did I manage to live with my brother for the better part of two decades?

Oh, that's right, not comfortably. Seriously, it astonishes me so few bad things have happened to this guy, either by his own ignorance or by the loss of patience with him.

Perhaps playing an idiot is as effective in all levels of education as it was in our secondary days when he was the favourite and I was comparatively set on fire, but seriously things do not stop happening because he's not involved in them. The half-empty can of baked beans in the fridge for example do NOT stop decaying and developing sentience just because you're not checking A MONTH LATER.

The dishwasher needs emptying, the laundry needs hanging up, the guinea pig (whose cage is literally the same size as me) needs feeding and cleaning out, dinner needs to be made, the door needs to be answered...I am getting damn tired of playing universal quantum butler just because mum & dad aren't around and YOU are the laziest, stupidest, person it has ever been my grave misfortune to cohabitate with.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 22 Aug 2011, 06:23

empath wrote:
korri wrote:Damn you eczema on my eyelids! I stopped using fragranced stuff like the dermatologist said, but it just won't get any better, in fact, its gotten worse!

*EYELIDS*?!?

I used to get eczema on my fingertips in spring and fall (temp & humidity change, apparently) and that was annoying as hell but....jeeeeez! :shock:

*major sympathetic hugs*

Unfortunately, allergies and these similar skin conditions (I think eczema is more a symptom with a variety of different causes, but IANAD) are - despite the air of confidence the stethoscope wearers carry - are still not properly understood; low humidity has been cited for some people's cases (hanging around in a place with strong A/C maybe?) and others are allergic reactions to the most trivial things. And then the location on the body can make you boggle - my fingertips made sense of a) being outermost extremities (my toes got the same once or twice a decade), and b) being what I would TOUCH things with - exposing them to more sources of allergens or desiccants. One documented sufferer of eczema, however, only got it on his CHEEKS, and year-round. Another got it over her BACK...in the middle of winter. (?)

I could almost explain away your particular case with the eyelids being more sensitive, fragile skin than calloused digits...hmmm, have you been having more hot, sweat-inducing weather since it kicked in? Perspiring on your eyes, then wiping them would 1) wick away moisture from that skin and 2) abrade (even a tiny level).

...say, don't you wear glasses? Have you started using a lens cleaner, or changed what you use? Hell, have you STOPPED using anything? (one of my pet theories: the body becomes accustomed to a substance it's exposed to, and removing it results in the skin reacting to its absence with this condition)

Anyways, sorry for asking more questions; I've probably note done anything for your peace-of-mind. :( I really hope y'all trace the cause down and it's something easy to deal with. *crosses fingers*

It started in January when I had to start going to a different university for research and was staying in a hotel so I think that had something to do with it. I stopped wearing makeup for a while and then started again and it didn't seem to have any effect... Its just really annoying because its itchy and its on my face and I always feel when its bad that people are staring at me.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 22 Aug 2011, 06:41

korri wrote:It started in January when I had to start going to a different university for research and was staying in a hotel so I think that had something to do with it. I stopped wearing makeup for a while and then started again and it didn't seem to have any effect... Its just really annoying because its itchy and its on my face and I always feel when its bad that people are staring at me.

I know far too well what you mean, I've had a lot of eczema around my eyes for about the same amount of time. Eczema on my body can make me feel bad enough, but when it's on my face I can't cover it up.

I actually find that not using my glasses for a while(10 minutes or so) can help it calm down a bit, and also taking a break from things like computers, TVs and reading and just lying down and letting your eyes rest. It hasn't made it go away for me, but it's helped me with easing it at least. Hopefully it could do the same for you.
Hurp-De-Durp!
empath

Postby empath » 22 Aug 2011, 07:02

Heck, it could be something a trivial as the brand of cleaner the hotel uses - they spray it on door handles, fixtures and the like; you get it on your hands when you manipulate said fixtures, then might rub your eyes (more likely once eczema starts up *itchy*itchy*), and :(

As to why it's just your eyelids that react like this to whatever the trigger is..."we're looking into that". :(
Nyannet
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Nyannet » 22 Aug 2011, 08:25

I kinda want to burn my job down.

I am a web dev at a pretty big company and they recently started looking for a UI Dev/Designer

Basically they want someone who can do it all, so I passed on it as I am happy in my current position.

Then they asked me directly if I would be willing to apply for it.

I said, "sure I can go through the interview process and see if I am interested."

Then a bunch of shit.

They wanted to hire a Designer and have me work as their developer
they wanted us both to work as a team
they want just me to work
they want me to work with another co-worker and not hire anyone.

I said. "I don't like how this is being handled, I am not interested."

They said that they really want me to consider the position and if I could just submit a sample design like the other candidates that would help them make a decision.

There was no way to get out of making the design.

I make a design to the specs they give, then find out today that
the specs have changed and they want mobile... my presentation is due tomorrow... for a thing outside of my job description, for a job
I don't really know I want... that my job is strongly ushering me into.

I should mention that all of this work has to occur after normal work hours because 1.My work machine doesn't have the proper image editing software to make a good design. 2. They are cracking down on working from home, so I can't work from home unless it is a real emergency.

Oh... and this is all on top of my normal job position where we are currently in a major architecture re-design that I am partially leading because I am the only one that knows jQuery.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Return to “General Discussion”