Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Duckay » 24 Oct 2011, 18:17

Ugh.

I'm perusing the internet, as I am wont to do, and someone mentions a book. Wow, says I, that sounds interesting. Google confirms it. This book seems right up my alley. Well! This is why I have an ebook reader, isn't it?

Nope. I check my ebook reader's online store. I check other ebook companies. Then I check my local library, my university library, and local bookstores. It isn't available here. I can have Amazon mail me a copy from the States, but there's no way to buy it locally, in hard copy or digitally.

I don't even care that much anymore, but damn it, I want a copy now. Although I'm feeling a bit like I'm trying to acquire some sort of contraband...
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 24 Oct 2011, 18:22

What book is it? If you participate in the secret santa, you could mention it as a potential gift. :P
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Duckay

Postby Duckay » 24 Oct 2011, 18:26

"Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes". I'm a bit of a nut for YA fiction, especially YA fiction that has been simultaneously challenged for being "inappropriate", and been lauded by ALA.

But I already ordered it on Amazon, since I had some Christmas presents to order anyway.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 24 Oct 2011, 18:40

Been there before. Obscure and out of print books can be a pain.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 24 Oct 2011, 23:21

I've been feeling really.. down the past few days. Screw it putting it here
I guess it started when my dad used the phrase "I'm helping you by letting you stay here" meaning hes only housing me outta pity since I moved back in after leaving psycho bitch.
Then theres the sad truth where this forum is the only place I feel welcome, and when I leave for a couple days I feel like a part of me is missing
I'm 20 with barely any college done, I had hoped to be farther in life by now (I was slowed by moving out and having to support me and the ex with 3 cats by myself)
I cant just "up and go" to a new place because its winter and as we rely on tourist I'm getting maybe 15 hours a week and still have my own bills to pay, while working at 8.50/hr.
Not to mention the place where I'm going to college online (which is a small list of what I need for my major available online) average rent is 800 and the college doesn't provide dorms
I don't qualify for any scholarships or grants either. the ONE good one I have to be 25+, a vet, married, or father. Otherwise they factor in your parents, BULLSHIT
the one person I was going to live with, ditched me and I'll probably have to take him to court for the money he owes me, sadly hes 60miles away and I have no money (see above) for gas.
All my friends are moved away and I haven't seen them forever
The one person who thinks of me as a brother I'm dating but haven't had the chance to break up with her because she's too busy working
The car that was given to me 2 years ago is going to stay my dad's. Ya, he'll let me register it, however I cant SELL MY OWN CAR, because in a few years it'll be classic. THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO WITH MY CAR.
I the one job I was banking on I cant be hired for because the government doesn't have money to hire me on otherwise I could be making 12-15/hr doing what I LOVE.
Right now I just wanna crawl under a blanket shut the world out and live in my imagination where I'm the best thing in the world and everybody admires me and I'm perfect, because god knows that'll never happen.
Its funny, usually crap like this slides off my shoulders no problem, but recently its been really affecting me and its pissing me off just adding more to it like an infinite loop.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 24 Oct 2011, 23:23

<3. I know "just keep going; you can do it and it'll get better" sucks, but it's all I have to offer. That, and an ear or a shoulder. <3.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 25 Oct 2011, 17:50

Fuck you pd1.

I just had to subject myself to your stupidness once again.

Today's assignment?

You have 30 seconds to brownnose the hiring manager at a company you want to work at. WHAT DO YOU SAY?!
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 25 Oct 2011, 20:02

I have a feeling that would go really well or really bad for me.
On the one hand, i have a silver tongue.
On the other, my mouth sometimes gets ahead of my brain when i'm put on the spot... That never goes well.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 25 Oct 2011, 20:33

I actually had to do that in college. No preparation, not even told what to do. Just "I'm a manager for a record company. I'm very busy and don't have time to chat. Interest me in your band now."

On the spot, nailed it!

I started with my name, what I wanted from him, what I do that's relevant to him and his business and that I'd like to know of any future opportunities to work with him.

That template will get you through any business.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 25 Oct 2011, 20:50

Had an itchy feeling near my chest for the last two days, thought it was just a hair that broke or something like that...

Just pulled it out after i realised the area was completely numb. It was small, like a piece of tiny gray rice, with a red tip.

And now the formerly numb area, feels pain again, and looks like it's bleeding, but the skin isn't broken...

Well this is new.

Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 26 Oct 2011, 09:22

it's time to buy some hatchets
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 26 Oct 2011, 09:29

and bury them
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 26 Oct 2011, 10:02

I have never been and never will be patient.
Hurp-De-Durp!
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Postby nonjabiru » 26 Oct 2011, 10:30

I'm really tired of my sister apologizing to me. She's been quick to anger for the past 21 years over the stupidest stuff and her apologies mean nothing to me any more. She's just going to get upset again in the next month about something stupid, like I blink too loud or she can hear my socks wrinkle.

On a related subject, my parents really need to hire an electrician to fix whatever power problems they're having. Half the house seems to want to spend the time in the dark and the circuit breaker shows nothing wrong.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 26 Oct 2011, 12:52

Grrr!

Can't we just have a nice time in town shopping? You had no right do say/do that, fuck you.

I has sadface :( see?
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 26 Oct 2011, 15:41

...Jack and Jill is a real movie, and not some horrible prank.

Also the Rocky Horror episode of Glee is on tonight. Because there is no baseball.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 27 Oct 2011, 05:37

FUUUUUU you passive aggressive bastard.

I have plans for the weekend you want me to come up.

I know my grandfather, he won't be "insulted" that I CANNOT MAKE IT, he'll be upset, but I'll fucking call.

So don't pull that bullshit with me.

Dick.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 27 Oct 2011, 07:42

The 7 of us are currently debating how to confront our other house mate about his girl friend, do we do it together and risk making him feel ganged up on, or do a few of us take him and risk not being taken seriously. I know if we don't decide I'll make a harsh comment I've been practicing in my head out of anger:

"I'm sorry, do you not have a place to live? Because if you really do want to live here, hog the Sky we bought, use our oven, use our washing machine, can I ask a small favour of you: RENT? It's just cause other wise we're going to end up paying extra for you to stay here and not wash up after yourself. Otherwise, (insert name) isn't here right now, which does actually beg the question as to how you got in but I suppose that's a question for another day."
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 27 Oct 2011, 13:07

So remember that pic I posted a while ago, where my eyes were all swollen? Well anyway I looked like that yesterday (someone actually asked me if I got in a fight). So I went to the dermatologist today and you know what? The cream they gave me to use wasn't on the approved meds list! So the whole, it didn't get any better, it actually got worse was because the cream I was using was making it worse! AH!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 27 Oct 2011, 22:57

WHY? WHY? WHY?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT YOUR PARENTS THROUGH THIS SHIT? THE FIRST THING YOU DID AFTER BECOMING AN INDEPENDENT ADULT FROM YOUR PARENTS IS GET ADDICTED TO METH OR HEROIN? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 28 Oct 2011, 01:02

Once I felt betrayed by my mother but with time and distance it faded away to dislike, which is not a strong enough word but hate is maybe too strong. That dislike faded away to nothing - nothing in the sense that I felt nothing toward her, not hate, not love, not mild disaffection. She was a complete stranger to me, we had nothing in common but genetics. She lived in another country, had finally gotten the idea that I didn't want christmas cards or birthday presents. All was well with the world.

She flew back into the country a while ago, and came over to stay "for a few days" on monday. She left this afternoon. The whole time has been awkward and it always felt like she was waiting for me to say something. I wouldn't be surprised to find she had rewritten the story in her mind so that I was the villain and she expected any minute now for me to fall to my knees and beg forgiveness. Instead I was polite but distant, like any other time my sister has a friend over that I don't really know or care to know.

I can't bear to see people in hurting, be it physical or feelings, and when I couldn't avoid her she would give me a "why are you doing this to me?" look. Now that she has gone I just feel so exhausted by the whole encounter. Why the fuck does visiting her daughter and grandson have to have anything to do with me? I just want to go get destructively drunk, but I've been down that path before and I refuse to face my problems through a bottle anymore. That and I'm broke.
ImageImage
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 Oct 2011, 01:30

How. Fucking. Stupid. CAN YOU FUCKING BE YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

I gave you the exact change, i wrote down, IN BIG, EVENLY SPACED, CAPITOL LETTERS what i needed you to buy. And you work 15 fucking minutes from the place.
So instead, you came home with the wrong motherboard, and me being equally retarded thought "Hey, it was written down, i asked him "Did it all go fine" and he said yes, he woulda said something if they were sold out and he had to get another one."
Yeah, fuck that. I spent 5 minutes trying to force a dual core into a $190 motherboard that won't accept it. Possibly damaging the pins. And now the fucking asshole refuses to return it, even though he is working tommoro, and i would have to spend money, and about 3 hours to go by train to do it.
He can go back tommorow, and return it, and then brign back the one i fucking wrote down. Because if he doesn't, and i wind up fucked out of $200. I will set his fucking $20,000 car on fire while he sleeps.

And i won't even get started on what it's like, to completely dissassemble a computer, clean everything, and then, go to start re-assembling it only to have to then dissassemble it, to put it back how it was, when you don't have the old motherboards manual, and the fucking power switch connection (And all other connection) icons are worn off the motherboard, so i am spending an extra 45minutes pushing the power connection onto every prong in every possible combination of ways over, and over, and over and fucking over.

AND I'M FUCKING COVERED TO THE ELBOWS IN DUST.

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Oct 2011, 05:31

I have a weekend off, and sure as anything, I'm going to end up spending it fighting off a nasty cold. :(
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 29 Oct 2011, 11:31

People who laugh out loud at comedy videos.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 29 Oct 2011, 13:02

Things were getting better, now they're shit again. And to top it all off, I just ragequit Psychonauts AGAIN, less than two and a half hours in.

Return to “General Discussion”