Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2011, 22:34

Oh god I just had a terrible image in my head about side eyeing and what it could possibly mean. >.<
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2011, 22:42

Fayili wrote:Also both of them tried to convince me that being exclusive with IX may not be the best idea... It's really effing annoying.

I don't know these guys so I could be totally wrong, but could them trying to convince you to drop a monogomous relationship be a direct result of you telling them you are horny? Maybe they feel like they have a chance while he is away and you have... well... needs that you have been talking about.

I can see why you are annoyed. I got a lot of ridiculous long distance relationship "advice". O.o
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 01 Nov 2011, 22:50

It's not. I say stuff like that all the time to my friends. Seriously. Even if the guy I said it to this time wasn't used to it because he wasn't used to me, the friend would be used to it. He also won't stop commenting that I'm hot, etc., though. :/ Srsly, it's excessive.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 02 Nov 2011, 00:32

Sigh. I hate when people invite you to help out with something and use a bait and switch to something that you're not comfortable doing and then having to be the buy guy when you say no.

Also unrelated, I was talking about Kurt from Glee and how his character could have been better presented last season. Apparently debating how a gay character is used in a show is homophobic now.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 02 Nov 2011, 02:51

Hmm, to be fair i will tell female friends they are pretty fairly often, and i have no attraction to them at all, it's just the fact that they are either A: completely un-aware of it.
B: Fishing for compliments.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 02 Nov 2011, 10:59

I simply like giving people compliments because I feel that people don't do that enough. You know when you see someone and you think "Oh! She's got lovely hair!" or "Oh, he's really cute!", but you never actually say it? I make an effort to voice those opinions more.

Still, it's about who the compliment comes from, I know a guy who insists that I'm curvaceous and sexy, not "chubby", and it's not because he's hitting on me (he's already in a steady relationship), but it's his opinion, and he doesn't like it when I call myself chubby, because to him that equals me putting myself down.

As for the earlier subject, I USED to mention stuff like that to close friends, because I used to be in a long-distance relationship and it was something to complain about. Now when I'm not I never talk about being horny to anyone (because if I get horny I only have to walk 4 feet to reach a solution), but it hasn't stopped me from talking about sexual things. Spoke about various different turn-ons and what kind of erotica is nice with someone quite recently. Just "comparing". It's just about being careful about who you say stuff like "I'm horny!" to.
Hurp-De-Durp!
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 02 Nov 2011, 11:17

Yeah, people react to things in different ways. Some people take it how it's meant. "I am horny." "Oh, OK. Good thing you can't get blue balls then, huh?" Some people, through no fault of their own, when told by an attractive person of the opposite sex will immediately have a dirty thought or two before their mind kicks back into normal mode: "I'm horny." "Oh... (oh god now I'm thinking of her doing nasty things this is uncomfortable)" *awkward silence.* Other people are just stupid: "I'm horny" "SHE WANTS MY DICK." The first is cool. The third is just people being their normal stupid selves. The second is actually the worst in my opinion since it can accidentally skew a relationship.
For example, a female friend of mine that I had never really thought about in a sexual way once saw a hot guy and said she wanted to do a certain thing to him... which happens to be a mild fetish of mine. Made things awkward for me, because heres this woman I've never had a blue thought about in my life and all of a sudden I've just had this image of her and I doing something her parents would strongly disapprove of. Luckily I am not an asshat, and I got over it.

Anyway, long story short some people you just can't say that kind of thing to and it isn't necessarily their fault. Just learn from the experience and never make that kind of comment around him again. As was previously mentioned though, if this is going to get more responses it should probably get moved to the sex thread.
ImageImage
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Nov 2011, 11:28

I stand by every thread secretly being the sex thread.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
dackwards d

Postby dackwards d » 02 Nov 2011, 11:36

So secretly this is the thread for angry sex, thread of win is for when the sex is really good, mixed emotions thread is for bisexuals orgies... Well then. I for one am never going back into the "Things My Cat Hates" thread...
ImageImage
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 02 Nov 2011, 11:42

I think we need to start a 'little girls' thread. But the TMCH thread is fine, too.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 02 Nov 2011, 12:28

My GOD I can't stand people that actively be a dick then get surprised when people are offended by their level of dickishness. You expected a parade, instead you got a bitchslap! Get over it!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
dackwards d

Postby dackwards d » 02 Nov 2011, 12:45

Wait... all of the threads are secretly about sex, so now you want a 'little girls' thread. Uh...
ImageImage
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 02 Nov 2011, 13:37

dackwards d wrote:Wait... all of the threads are secretly about sex, so now you want a 'little girls' thread. Uh...

What's wrong with that? I love little girls.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 02 Nov 2011, 14:43

This isn't something which inspires RAGE so much as irritation, but why do people log into chat clients and then open other windows/play games/leave their computers? It just seems like a rather backwards thing to do. :?
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby rustak » 02 Nov 2011, 14:47

auberginequeen wrote:
dackwards d wrote:Wait... all of the threads are secretly about sex, so now you want a 'little girls' thread. Uh...

Is that... Peter Dinklage? In the video?

(Also, if not little girls, perhaps only a lad will do?)
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 02 Nov 2011, 15:44

AUGH I wanna just.. augh. I'm busy cleaning the house all day and playing music. You don't have the right to walk in from school and blast the tv. I ask if you have homework and you reply yes. All the while plugging in the router so you can watch youtube videos, while watching tv and doing homework? No missy.
Everytime I turned off the satellite you had no reason to plug it in. I'm trying to listen to my music and you have homework. DO IT! in the meantime while arguing with me while I'm cleaning you could be doing your homework.
consider yourself lucky I didn't drag you outta bed at midnight to hang the towels. You dont just throw 10 wet towel in the tub, you HANG THEM. It's your fault the toilet clogged, yet I had to walk through your waste to unclog it? THEN YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO POUND ON MY DOOR BECAUSE I'M NOT CLEANING IT UP? You WENCH
Just remember, all you're doing is biting the hand that feeds you
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 02 Nov 2011, 16:47

TheRocket wrote:
Fayili wrote:Also both of them tried to convince me that being exclusive with IX may not be the best idea... It's really effing annoying.

I don't know these guys so I could be totally wrong, but could them trying to convince you to drop a monogomous relationship be a direct result of you telling them you are horny? Maybe they feel like they have a chance while he is away and you have... well... needs that you have been talking about.

I saw the chatlogs of the first guy. Pretty much, yeah. It was kinda pathetic how obvious it was (I thought). But I guess I am biased there. >.> He even made out that it was worse for me*.

TheRocket wrote:I can see why you are annoyed. I got a lot of ridiculous long distance relationship "advice". O.o

Oh, that is so annoying. Why don't I just give up and get someone closer to home? You know, you're right. Why didn't I think of that? >.<

*If only he knew! Yes, I have attractive friends, but none of them are into me ay-tall. No such thing as temptation for me.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Nov 2011, 17:06

Master Gunner wrote:I stand by every thread secretly being the sex thread.

Ottoman wrote:I think we need to start a 'little girls' thread. But the TMCH thread is fine, too.

Please, continue...

goat

Postby goat » 02 Nov 2011, 18:31

rustak wrote:
auberginequeen wrote:

Is that... Peter Dinklage? In the video?

(Also, if not little girls, perhaps only a lad will do?)

>.>
<.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXFup6tfoY
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 02 Nov 2011, 18:53

You know, if a guy told me he's horny, unless I found him repelling for some reason or didn't want to associate him with sex in any way (like if we're related), that would probably turn me on.
And then if I'm turned on, I have the option to go masturbate when I have the opportunity. Seriously. I get annoyed at people complaining that something gets them horny. There is sex and nudity everywhere, and you're a human being. You're going to get horny. That I got you horny doesn't mean I have any obligation to have sex with you, and I never expect it from guys who say they are horny (even when I wish it would happen), and people shouldn't expect it from me either.

Sure, sometimes it's really improper to talk about being horny, but sometimes it's fine. If someone thought you were coming on to them and later realises you were not, sure it sucks, but it's not completely your fault either.

I don't know, I guess there is a line, like if you constantly walk around naked, sit on their laps and caress them or something, even if you're naive enough that you don't see it, you share the responsibility. But there is no obligation to refrain from saying you're horny when you are and are with male friends who would be fine saying it, and no obligation to only wear clothes that are deemed proper by other people, etc.

It irks me because the people who are quick to call women tease are the same one who will start by asking was a woman was wearing when she got rape or say she had it coming and stuff. Guys are able to keep it in their pants regardless of what other people are wearing. It's not about tempting them or teasing them, it's about their lack of respect or restrain.

Anyways, end of rant here. If the guy says it makes him uncomfortable, I'd avoid talking about it, but I don't see why it's any of his friend's business.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
dackwards d

Postby dackwards d » 02 Nov 2011, 19:03

I think I just got some detergent in my eye.
ImageImage
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 02 Nov 2011, 19:16

Alright. I think we're good now. If anyone's still interested, there's a log of the conversation he and I had last night: here. Thanks for listening, guys, even if you disagreed - it's good to have feedback from non-my-irl-friend-group people.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 02 Nov 2011, 21:56

Gah.

It's 2 AM, and my toilet is clogged.

Has been since midnight.

And despite Rule number one (arguably, it's an axiom, since it can be deduced from nothing) of our house, which states that "Levi is an idiot" (believe me, if people only remembered this rule BEFORE they do whatever I suggest, our lives would all be better), I'm the one stuck fixing it.

Why? Because I'm the only one willing to keep plunging and testing and pouring weak bases and hoping whatever caused the clog THIS time dissolves until, well, 2 AM in the morning.

Argh.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 03 Nov 2011, 00:45

Okay, I get your joke about how the chorus sounded funny, but you ALWAYS do this when I find a new artist of band that I like, and I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole-hill by telling you how much it actually gets to me.

Seriously, we live in the same room, and thus spend a lot of time together. Have I ever laughed at your Dub-step for pretty much just being a load of static that's just had it's volume cranked up? No, I didn't think so ... so can you please stop judging my music? I don't like listening to music out of my speakers in our room anymore because of it ...
Hurp-De-Durp!
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 03 Nov 2011, 01:06

No you're wrong you pretentious smug YouTube commenter! He's has NO NAME! It was the point! And yes, I have read the book thank you!

Return to “General Discussion”