Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ringo803
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Location: Satellite of Love, Somewhere over Lexington, South Carolina

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Ringo803 » 02 Jan 2012, 18:36

Must. Control. Self-loathing about being completely awkward in large social situations.
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 03 Jan 2012, 14:39

I just encounter a CAPTCHA that was asking for 4 Hebrew characters. I know i can just reload , but CAPTCHAs are getting out of hand.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 03 Jan 2012, 16:19

So Steam's fucked for me again. BIG time. Like, won't load any game, online or offline. Just glad I got the physical copy of Borderlands or I'd not have been able to play with my gaming buddies tonight.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 03 Jan 2012, 16:54

I don't understand the whole "so what if you're offended by what I've said" thing. Yes, people have a right to say whatever they like but why does that excuse people from being people complete scumbags?
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 04 Jan 2012, 07:06

Urgh. Neutrograin bad. Stomach, hurts.

And Logic, this is just the way people work. On the internet there is no immediate consequences to worry about.
In real life there are alot of reasons, the most common being someone just gets pushed too far to the point they quit being polite and say exactly what's on their mind. and fuck you if you don't like it! (Note, not fuck you, personally, you're awesome.)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Jan 2012, 14:43

Okay, I understand why my ex and I broke up, it was fairly mutual, we're on reasonably good terms still, no problems. She has a new partner (I'm not sure whether to say girl or boyfriend, pre-op transexual to be precise), who is, I can only describe, indelicate.

Whilst we dated, we agreed to keep condoms in bedrooms as a precaution for the spontaneous thing that is sex. We weren't sure of when it would happen, if ever, but precautionary measures were a responsible thing to take.

So tonight, when I happen upon her new partner, I was first mildly stunned when that precautionary measure was tossed towards me across a table infront of a number of our mutual friends, but then the thing that baffles me further is that she was carrying it around in the first place.

I mean, I can maybe understand it being construed as irrelevant to a quote-unquote lesbian relationship and therefore being defaulted to the ostensible owner, but the new partner, whom I rarely see nor am I particularly familiar with (certainly compared to my ex herself), carrying it around? Not to mention the indelicacy with which the return was done.

I don't know what specifically to feel or understand here but something was very much off about that encounter.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 04 Jan 2012, 14:47

Not to get off track, but does your ex's partner identify as/present as male or female? Because that's your answer to the gender question, regardless of "the op".
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Jan 2012, 14:49

Duckay wrote:Not to get off track, but does your ex's partner identify and present as male or female? Because that's your answer to the gender question, regardless of "the op".

I know, but unfortunately that question is actually very difficult to answer as well.

He/she is..."complex"
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 04 Jan 2012, 15:00

Condoms aren't a big thing.

Hell, when I got a 24 selection pack, I found they contained 2 banana flavoured ones, which were never going to be used by me for various reasons.

I offered them to my roommates, who were merely curious how I managed to get 2 banana flavoured condoms if I didn't want them.

I said "Variety pack." and they said "ah" and then one roommate took them because "woo, free condoms."

Furthermore, if you were being given a condom, how else would you get it? Be invited to the bedroom of your former partner, and then proffered a condom?
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Jan 2012, 15:07

I'm aware they're not, but the way it was handled gave me the very distinct impression that I had somehow sinned against some unknown deity.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 04 Jan 2012, 15:21

I kinda get the impression that maybe you did, wherein the "deity" is the new flame, and the heresy was "being the old flame".

It happens sometimes. He/she is clearly a bit of a douche. Think nothing of them.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 04 Jan 2012, 19:25

My impression is that (s)he wanted to publicly mark her territory. I think it is more that (s)he is uncomfortable with or threatened by your relationship with his girlfriends and wants to show that (s)he is in charge.

Its much more about her than it is about you, like jester said.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 05 Jan 2012, 08:09

Hotmail blocked my account because it might have been used to send spam. Wonderful. And the questionairre full of stuff to help recover it has questions regarding emails sent, not received. I rarely send emails.

How often do they do this, does anyone know?
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 06 Jan 2012, 10:31

This whole week would've been a whole lot easier if people had done things at the time I asked for them to be ready, and after I had given them ample warning to have done so.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 06 Jan 2012, 12:56

Wow for today being so shitty I am in a good mood. Spent 2.5 hours at the dmv trying to explain to the nice lady behind the counter that being "Canadian" means you're from... wait for it... _"Canada"_. I'm totally serious. She had no idea which country to look for. Then she spent 10 minutes putting in Canada for the province. It was only in her extreme frustration saying "PROVINCE! CANADA! Why won't it take this?!" that I was able to correct her.

Then my papers wouldn't process. She kept telling me "it won't go through, there is an error message". I kept asking her what it said and she said "it's nothing you or I did.. it's got to be something with the system. Just take a seat and I'll keep trying". At this point I was sure it was user error. After 2 more hours of waiting, I walked up to her counter (the manager sure didn't like that) and asked her exactly what the msg said. She told me it was something with my license #. I asked her politely if she typed it in correctly. She said yes. I asked her if she included the dash. She looked at me blankly and said "I guess I could try that."

And lo! It worked.

She was also misspelling my name. So there is also that.

Then I took Wraith to get a root canal and found out the $2200 we had been saving on our HRA card to actually get medical insurance doesn't roll over and we lost it come Jan 1st. Splendid. Now we have to wait until april to even think about getting his crown and medical insurance.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 06 Jan 2012, 13:52

It sounds like the American DMV deliberately and exclusively employ the very hard of thinking. I wonder if they train them, or vigorously screen for it?
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 06 Jan 2012, 17:00

To be fair, she was a sweet old lady - and very apologetic. I am not mad, because I got what I went in for. However it was very frustrating.

I'm more mad about the 2200$ that could have been spent going to get a physical, an eye exam and a dental check up/cleaning for the two of us. >:(

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 06 Jan 2012, 17:50

TheRocket wrote:"it's nothing you or I did.. it's got to be something with the system. Just take a seat and I'll keep trying".

That one quoted statement must hurt Wraith more than the bad tooth. :P

Heck, it makes me flinch and I'm a couple thousand miles away...
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 07 Jan 2012, 03:29

Oh yes we're incapable of doing anything ourselves. If the system says it's this way then it's this way.

Like those stories you read of in the papers of gas/electric companies chasing up bills amounting to £0.00. I did actually read that a few years ago. They threatened the customer with legal action if he did not pay his bill in full. Then when it came up in the paper they said it was the computer's fault.

Remind me what we did before computers came along?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 07 Jan 2012, 04:56

I believe we slung mud at one-another in fields.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 07 Jan 2012, 08:07

Uhhhh. Shit. Well, um. So, I just pulled off half a toe-nail. Lengh wise, there's no longer a left half to that toe-nail... it didn't hurt... for the first 15minutes, now it's start to hurt. So uhh, think it's time for a trip to the doctors, cause i'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 07 Jan 2012, 08:19

empath wrote:
TheRocket wrote:"it's nothing you or I did.. it's got to be something with the system. Just take a seat and I'll keep trying".

That one quoted statement must hurt Wraith more than the bad tooth. :P

Heck, it makes me flinch and I'm a couple thousand miles away...

I bet!! For more hilarity - I'm currently hearing a conversation Wraith is having on the phone in the den... Trying to explain how the internet works to a lady. She is baffled that her email is not working (because the internet is down), and she won't accept his answer. I facepalm so hard for him.

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 07 Jan 2012, 08:21

"I booked another holiday!"
"Great. So that money you stole from me 2 years ago. When are you giving me that back?"
"Dunno. Can you help me print off this e-mail so I can go on holiday?"
"I want a DNA test. There's no way I'm related to an idiot."
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kirkygirl
First Video: Son Of A Bitch

Postby Kirkygirl » 07 Jan 2012, 13:02

No job, I'm bored silly and I'm sick. This sucks. Been job hunting since before Christmas. Nothing. I sure hope something comes up soon.

-Kirkygirl
Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 09 Jan 2012, 06:52

IF you post "I hate Mondays" or some variation there on more than 3 weeks in a row, or more than 30 times a year on your facebook, twitter, blog... You dont hate Mondays you hate yourself or you are the worlds worst comedian and you either need to see a therapist or go watch a stand-up showcase because your material pisses me off and makes me want to ensure that each and every one of your Mondays really is a terrible experience for you.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “General Discussion”