Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Fezzul » 01 Mar 2012, 16:44

Shit day

Breakdown, sadness, disappointment, lost metrocard.

Highlight: saw a good student production of Time and the Conways. Heartbreaking stuff.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 01 Mar 2012, 17:18

Well, technically it was via private message on Twitter, so that makes it... better...?

Oh, who the criky fuck am I kidding. It sucks either way.
ImageImageImageImage
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 01 Mar 2012, 17:59

That does suck.

You looking for a wiki sysop revenge lay?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Mar 2012, 18:30

*hugs Van*
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 01 Mar 2012, 19:21

Apparently the universe hadn't had enough of taking jabs at me today. For the first time in, I don't know, roughly a month I fire up Skyrim on my 360 and download the title update. Now my save is corrupted and I can't open the "items" menu without it locking up my console.

*starts to cry*
ImageImageImageImage
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 01 Mar 2012, 19:24

Have you considered the liberal application of alcohol?
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 01 Mar 2012, 19:35

Fuuuuuuuu
I regret taking Friday classes
All my friends are like 'lolololol spring break'
And I have class tomorrow -_-
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 01 Mar 2012, 19:50

I'm considering it now, especially because it looks like going into ANY kind of inventory screen in-game CRASHES IT.

Dammit, that does it. I'm raiding my stash.
ImageImageImageImage
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 01 Mar 2012, 20:22

I'm sorry, Van. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 This is crap and you don't deserve it.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 01 Mar 2012, 20:44

Okay, to clarify on what happened here. Long story short the girl still has feelings for her ex that she was with for a few years. Granted, I don't know why, considering that from everything she told me about him he's abusive, an all-around jackass and possibly a closet pedophile.

We can also add to that list geographically undesirable because he lives in New Jersey. Not that that's stopping her, because apparently she's intent on moving back.
ImageImageImageImage
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 01 Mar 2012, 21:09

I am selfishly heartbroken right now. One of my best friends who I only got to spend a few short months with moved away in December to pursue her ski photography. She said she was coming back in spring after her job ended... but she's got a gypsy heart and I told her "nah, you're going to fall in love with a boy and never come back". Turns out I was right. It literally feels like I just got my heartbroken hearing the news that she won't be moving back here... but I am SO happy she is a smitten kitten with a nice boy. I am just selfishly sad right now that she won't be in my life. I didn't get to spend much time with her, but we both have such an amazingly strong connection with each other that we feel like we've been best friends forever. I have missed having a best friend outside of married life for so long.. then she came into my life and now she is gone again. I know people just say "oh you'll meet new friends"... but it's not that easy - ESPECIALLY here. The people here are very different and hard to relate to imo. I have had an extremely hard time getting connection or deep bonds with anyone. I really hate this state more and more everyday.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 01 Mar 2012, 21:16

TheRocket wrote:I am selfishly heartbroken right now. One of my best friends who I only got to spend a few short months with moved away in December to pursue her ski photography. She said she was coming back in spring after her job ended... but she's got a gypsy heart and I told her "nah, you're going to fall in love with a boy and never come back". Turns out I was right. It literally feels like I just got my heartbroken hearing the news that she won't be moving back here... but I am SO happy she is a smitten kitten with a nice boy. I am just selfishly sad right now that she won't be in my life. I didn't get to spend much time with her, but we both have such an amazingly strong connection with each other that we feel like we've been best friends forever. I have missed having a best friend outside of married life for so long.. then she came into my life and now she is gone again. I know people just say "oh you'll meet new friends"... but it's not that easy - ESPECIALLY here. The people here are very different and hard to relate to imo. I have had an extremely hard time getting connection or deep bonds with anyone. I really hate this state more and more everyday.

I have a solution.

Move to Missouri. :)
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 02 Mar 2012, 01:21

Vanguard wrote:Okay, to clarify on what happened here. Long story short the girl still has feelings for her ex that she was with for a few years. Granted, I don't know why, considering that from everything she told me about him he's abusive, an all-around jackass and possibly a closet pedophile.

We can also add to that list geographically undesirable because he lives in New Jersey. Not that that's stopping her, because apparently she's intent on moving back.

Isn't that the same guy you told us about a while ago giving him the diminutive form of Richard as a title? Wasn't he constantly harassing her? If it is him then wow, that really does suck. :(
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Mar 2012, 03:42

TheRocket wrote:I am selfishly heartbroken right now. One of my best friends who I only got to spend a few short months with moved away in December to pursue her ski photography. She said she was coming back in spring after her job ended... but she's got a gypsy heart and I told her "nah, you're going to fall in love with a boy and never come back". Turns out I was right. It literally feels like I just got my heartbroken hearing the news that she won't be moving back here... but I am SO happy she is a smitten kitten with a nice boy. I am just selfishly sad right now that she won't be in my life. I didn't get to spend much time with her, but we both have such an amazingly strong connection with each other that we feel like we've been best friends forever. I have missed having a best friend outside of married life for so long.. then she came into my life and now she is gone again. I know people just say "oh you'll meet new friends"... but it's not that easy - ESPECIALLY here. The people here are very different and hard to relate to imo. I have had an extremely hard time getting connection or deep bonds with anyone. I really hate this state more and more everyday.

Well, with the wonders of the modern age, atleast you won't be outside of communication range. Just keep contact. Who knows, maybe it'll still be nice to talk to eachother every now and then :wink:
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 02 Mar 2012, 08:24

Geoff_B wrote:Isn't that the same guy you told us about a while ago giving him the diminutive form of Richard as a title? Wasn't he constantly harassing her? If it is him then wow, that really does suck. :(

Sadly, I have to specify that you're referring to a different abusive fletchmonger of an ex that belonged to the last girlfriend who, while we're drawing parallels here, also broke up with me via social media. The only real distinction in that case is that she didn't actually tell me she was leaving me, but rather I found out via the incredibly unsubtle kissy-faced messages left on her Facebook wall.

... I really hope this isn't indicative of some sort of pattern. My heart just won't be able to take it.
Last edited by Vanguard on 02 Mar 2012, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 Mar 2012, 08:30

Fucking Faculty* and their silly ideas of having PhD students finish in three years.

*The academic unit rather than the staff.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Mar 2012, 11:32

Crusher, I can sympathize with you there. (Dutch politics and universities seem convinced it's entirely possible to do any technical study in the allotted time. Even though 90% of the students take AT LEAST a year extra)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Mar 2012, 12:17

Are you a government health inspector?
An employee?
Do you at least have a damn hairnet on?

No?

Then GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY KITCHEN!

Jesus Fucking Christ...
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 02 Mar 2012, 12:43

March is apparently intent on destroying me, so to add onto yesterday's events I got into a car accident earlier today. I'll give more updates later when I'm back home from the hospital. For those that need to know now, the abbreviated version is on Twitter.
ImageImageImageImage
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 02 Mar 2012, 13:11

Jaysus, Van. D: I'm really sorry. <3

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 02 Mar 2012, 13:56

Vanguard wrote:March is apparently intent on destroying me, so to add onto yesterday's events I got into a car accident earlier today. I'll give more updates later when I'm back home from the hospital. For those that need to know now, the abbreviated version is on Twitter.

*hugs tightly*

I'm on Skype if you wanna talk, anytime.

Hope you're okay.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 02 Mar 2012, 17:55

:( Hang in there, Van.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 03 Mar 2012, 00:42

Fuck off fuck off fuck off fuck off fuck off. I hate this. She's tired so she comes to my door and tries to act cute at me, and when I'm already bothered from other stuff I'm having to manage, I'm not in the mood. So I ask her to go away. She gets miffed. She starts asking about my plans tomorrow. I'm going over to the other house because I'm having a friend over. Oh the fuck no, he's sleeping in my bed. Stop the fucking presses. I've stayed over a friends' and had friends stay over before. The bed is PLENTY big enough for two without the slightest bit of contact. There is NOTHING sexual going on. But no, she starts asking leading questions, and saying am I *sure* IX is okay with it (he is; I have checked every time in the past, made sure to inform him, whoop de fucking do).

It's a friend. He's not been doing so well. I trust him to be in my bed NONSEXUALLY. I know my friend group is a little odd for liking to be close to one another without having any ulterior motives, but that doesn't mean there ARE motives that I just won't admit to. Oh, so it's not sexual? And he's been more depressed than usual? Well, I must be playing therapist, right? Why do I have this sense of duty to "cure" all my friends? FALSE QUESTION I DON'T. I TAKE CARE OF MY FRIENDS WHERE I CAN HELP BECAUSE I LOVE THEM. And you go on about how I've been shutting down since I was twelve (nope, that's when I actually started to have real friends, so that's when I started OPENING UP), and how I have all these friends on the internet, and "What do [I] get out of the Loading Ready Run forums anyway? Is it better than interacting with real people?" Um... they ARE real people. And here's the kicker, "Well, this isn't a real-person way of interacting."

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

I point out that I've stayed over at another friend's house, in his bed, before. "Well, __ is gay." Um, no. He's very very very very pan. "Well, he's still gay. The way he dresses..." Are you FUCKING kidding me? THIS IS COMING FROM MY MOTHER WHO TRANSITIONED. HOW CAN SHE BE SO PREJUDICED? THESE ARE FUCKING STEREOTYPES AND YOU...

I just... I'm sorry that I have a group of friends who like to cuddle and be in contact with one another. Who like to be close without being sexual. Maybe you can't grasp that. But you don't have to act like I can't see the situation for what it is. You'd think in four years of this, I'd have wised up. But no. You, who don't know these people, believe you have all the answers. I feel like a fourteen year old throwing a temper tantrum. But I really cannot handle this.

the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 03 Mar 2012, 01:11

Hey Fayili, I know exactly what most of that's like... for the most part at least. If ya needa rant to someone I'm here.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Mar 2012, 16:21

Just watched Transformers 3. What a crap film.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.

Return to “General Discussion”