Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Darkobra » 08 Apr 2012, 14:21

It makes me wonder if they even have QUALIFICATIONS in music to try to denounce an entire form of media just because they don't like it! Hell, I learned in my first year of my diploma course just how incredible music is! From ALL walks of life!

Now these pricks, silver spoon in ever orifice, DARE to ridicule an entire form of media! Their job is to EMBRACE music! There's music out there I don't like! It doesn't mean I try to dismiss it as not being music!

Unless it's rap.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Apr 2012, 14:22

Windwaker is one of my most favourite Actiony games I've played. A good combination of Graphic Style, Combat, Music, World Depth and Story. Story is Zeldaish but it was interesting.

I like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGGvsHq6iA.
But probably because I adore folk music. It IS folk music, for people in the Andies. It's a strange Spanish meets Patagonia fusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEZQbBi ... re=related for the dark twist on the main theme.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 08 Apr 2012, 14:27

Oh yes, that's a really lovely song, and fits the Island and it's people really well.

The staff credits is great too. I always wanted to hear this one live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDR45QMUaqc
Hurp-De-Durp!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 08 Apr 2012, 14:28

Geez, stop being so butthurts guys.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Apr 2012, 14:31

I like how it sums up the game very well. You think at the start it's just a Sea Shanty. Then after completion you hear the elements from each bit: The leaf things singing, the Song of Wind and Song of Earth. Very well done. I admire the Japanese for being so poetic in thinking.

All I can think of when I hear this song is torqouisARGHCANTSPELLYUSPELLCHCKERFAILME.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 08 Apr 2012, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 08 Apr 2012, 14:31

The fact that game music is discriminated against as being a lower kind of music is a valid thing to be annoyed about.

That said, barring the first few posts I don't see how us sharing links of music we like is being butthurt.
Hurp-De-Durp!
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 08 Apr 2012, 14:33

empath wrote:Okay, I like my landlord and landlady, but there's one thing that really aggravates me: they insist on using the microwave as a timer for something they're cooking in the oven. Even when the oven itself has a perfectly working timer.

So while they roast their Easter ham, we can't cook anything...until maybe 8pm. This is one instance where having a lesser rent due to technically boarding and just sharing a kitchen is a definite downside. :(

I just want to add that, in many cases particularly with older microwaves, this is a really good way to break a microwave. That energy needs to go somewhere and if there isn't some water inside to vibrate, other unexpected things might.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Apr 2012, 14:33

I thought Metacarfre was being ironic. Damn my good nature.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 08 Apr 2012, 14:35

He could be being ironic, and my reaction is currently making me look like a total twat, and extremely butthurt.
Hurp-De-Durp!
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 08 Apr 2012, 14:49

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJqRuQtF7A

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZggieOGsgo

These will always be my two favourite video game music tracks. But I might be biased due to nostalgia and a love of Myst. :P
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 08 Apr 2012, 14:52

Myst. Myyyyyyyyyyst. <3
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 08 Apr 2012, 14:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_iShnmYKU I think this is probably my favourite piece of orchestrated game music. I will no doubt think of something else in about five minutes' time.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 08 Apr 2012, 15:11

Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Apr 2012, 15:42

I dislike the Britain/UK=ENGLAND association.
There are three other countries in the UK/Great Britain. Plz rmbr.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 08 Apr 2012, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 08 Apr 2012, 15:42

Deedles wrote:Just was in a long debate about if Negative Rep should be added too, and the main argument why it should be was "Because the forum should be mature enough to handle it." and basically started taking pot-shots at people who didn't agree with adding the Negative Rep system by saying things like "You have no faith in the community" "Do you think the community is immature?", which is besides the point. But they became so stubborn because all of a sudden it was a point to prove that the forum was mature enough to handle the Negative Rep system, but mature people don't click a button to give negative rep to someone when they disagree, mature people give constructive criticism!

Ravelry (a knitting/crocheting/spinning community site) has buttons like these on each msg board post - educational, interesting, funny, agree, disagree, love - and the phenomenon of the 'phantom disagree-er' (or Ph.D.) is one that causes a lot of message board wank. In some situations, it has resulted in passive aggressive cyber stalking/bullying, where one member follows another around the message boards disagreeing with all of their posts, regardless of content. The site eventually added the option for users to turn their button view off on their profile to try and cut down on the number of complaints from easily offended members. In the more mature groups there is a tendency to 'own your disagree' and explain it in a post if you think it merits explanation, but sometimes all you want to do is disagree and move on. Unfortunately, not everyone handles that well... :|
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Apr 2012, 15:45

^ On a HoN suggestion I gave a reason why I thought a Teabag taunt would be a bad addition to the game. The author of the suggestion disliked me disagreeing with him and went to the effort of finding all suggestions I have ever made, even ones that should have stayed dead and voted against them. Saying something about equalibrium or whatever. (you need a certain #of Yes and a ratio of Yes:No before the game developers even look at your idea).
Yes, I agree, internet people generally are poop.

(Since stating the association of Teabagging is to rape/necrophillia the suggestion funnily stopped gaining support)
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 08 Apr 2012, 16:24

Great.

Can't work, feel like vomitting.

I have to stop being like this.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 08 Apr 2012, 19:06

I don't know why I'm writing this on a public forum but fuck it. I figure I'm not painting you as the bad guy unlike some forumites you happen to dislike. This is all me.

I'm a bitch.

I've been an idiot the past few weeks. I've been all confused about what it is I actually want and have spent time hiding in Minecraft where people are nice to me and I don't have to think about real life. I'm sure you can relate, you've told me on a number of occasions that you are prone to escapism.

I've been all confused about... stuff. I looked into my future again and saw nothing. Not that I was without you, but rather that there was nothing. At all. I don't even know what I'm doing. I wasn't expecting to be here.

I would've contemplated suicide but the thought took too much effort. Why plan something when you can achieve it through inaction? Though now that I'm feeling a little better contemplating such things is easier.

A number of weeks ago you saw how completely filthy my room had become and had expressed concern about me possibly being depressed. I seemed to have improved but maybe that's not actually the case.

I couldn't even bother to clean when you came over. I didn't care whether or not you showed up and I didn't care if you were mad at me, because I didn't care about anything. Nothing was of consequence to me. This exam I have tomorrow that I have done no reading for still doesn't concern me.

It's not that I didn't feel for you. It's that I didn't feel for anything and it's wreaked havoc on my life.

Well now I've started to feel some stuff again and I've come to realize how stupid and cold and bullshitty I've been the past few weeks. I just wanted everything and everyone to go away, including you. Just leave me to the mess piling up in my room and my descent into apathy. I haven't even been able to take care of myself properly.

I've been really stupid. And now I think I've just fucked things up beyond repair. But I really shouldn't be making this about me, it's no excuse for my behaviour.

I've been selfish and cruel and I doubt I'll ever be able to make up for what I've done. I mean... you compared me to Cassidy.

I want you in my future. But I don't know if that'll ever happen now. All I do is fuck shit up. Everything was fine and then I got all weird and I'm liable to do it again. I suggest you leave now before I do any further damage. I really am just a crazy bitch.

I just hope someday you can be happy again.

I'm sure I'll worry all the forumites like I bloody always do and I'm sorry for causing them distress. I don't mean to. But I don't see how this can be fixed. We've tried so many things. You'd have to be willing to forgive me.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 08 Apr 2012, 19:25

<3.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Deedles

Postby Deedles » 08 Apr 2012, 19:27

*hugs tightly*
Hurp-De-Durp!
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 08 Apr 2012, 19:40

Fayili wrote:<3.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 08 Apr 2012, 20:06

Sending good vibrations... Sent
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Apr 2012, 20:10

*hugs for aubergine*
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 08 Apr 2012, 20:22

Psyclone wrote:
Fayili wrote:<3.

Also

Deedles wrote:*hugs tightly*
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
The_Doctor
First Video: le cafe

Postby The_Doctor » 08 Apr 2012, 21:01

I've been there before, i feel your pain
Has Tardis, will travel

Return to “General Discussion”