Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Fenrir » 07 Jun 2012, 00:25

Yes, I did say I was going to do my laundry today. No, I don't want you to do it for me. Yes, I am quite capable of doing it myself. No, I don't want to put whatever I need washing near the machine on the off chance that you may or may not wash what I want washing.

Seriously, most people would NOT make such a freaking big thing out of someone just wanting to do their laundry....
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 07 Jun 2012, 01:02

You can slam doors and throw a sodding strop all you want missus. I'm not going to apologize over something so bloody ridiculous.

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Jun 2012, 02:38

Dear Mother,
Perhaps the reason why I prefer to stay in bed till 11am->midday is perhaps the fact you get angry at Father/Sister and I want to hide away. When you're half asleep your instincts kick in and hiding in a den is the best course of actions.

Yours sincerely, a fed up Son.
Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 07 Jun 2012, 12:13

*offers Merry a hug*

Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 08 Jun 2012, 00:35

Ok, so let me get this straight....

You switch us to another internet service provider (with good reason), then you switch us AGAIN without telling us and now you want to switch us BACK to the people we originally moved away from and whom our parents owe money to because of you. What part of ANY of that seems like a good fucking idea?!

I am honestly surrounded by a bunch of fucking morons. I really am.

Also...

Dear mom - if you got half as pissy at my brother over all the shit he owes you as you did with my over my laundry maybe you'd actually GET somewhere.

Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 08 Jun 2012, 12:18

I am so fed up with the things I have to put up with living here. I could move out, pay less rent than I do now, and not get screamed at 10 times a day. I would be infinitely happier.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 08 Jun 2012, 12:32

Psycat Aurora wrote:I am so fed up with the things I have to put up with living here. I could move out, pay less rent than I do now, and not get screamed at 10 times a day. I would be infinitely happier.

Not to be blunt but: what's keeping you?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 08 Jun 2012, 12:50

Screw you KNP (local telecoms provider) service person. Yeah I MIGHT have swaped out the incoming and TV lan cables when trying to fix YOUR broken Experia box. And then you tell my landlord (who has the technical competence of a goldfish) that it was MY fault because I swapped the cable. Either your design is CRAP because you didn't protect your electronics or, and this is way more likely, you are telling porkies. The modem was DEAD when I started fiddling with it. The leds burning on 1/10th normal power usually means something internal gave up. The slight wiff of Ozone and magic blue smoke completed that picture even before that time.

And now my landlord is blaming me for not having the patience to wait for his drunk ass to tell me to turn it off, wait for 10 minutes and then turn it back on. WHEN I CAN CLEARLY TELL EITHER THE POWERSUPPLY OR THE MODEM ITSELF IS FUCKED. YOU STUPID ASSHAT. Yes, resetting it like that worked the last 4 times you had a problem. I bet all those times a simple soft reset from the config page would have done the trick much much faster. But you're just too fucking stupid when it comes to computers to understand this. (Btw, it was still running standard name and password when I started living here. It took me 10 minutes to explain why it would be a good idea to change it. Then had to configure HIS pc AND his android phone to connect with the new settings)

I'm just glad KPN wisely decided not to charge is for the service call out or the new modem. I was not looking forward to having to spend an hour chewing some helpless helldesk droid out over it while he's probably unable to actually do something about it but forbidden from connecting me to someone who can.

uhhhggg, for any dutch people on this forum. DO NOT USE KPN's Experia SYSTEM! It sucks hairy donkey balls, was designed by a Taiwanese chimp, won't communicate properly with half the peripherals supplied by it and the motorola Set-top boxes are the slowest, most annoying pieces of shit you will ever have the displeasure of using. Ohh, and the ZTE wireless router dies about once a fortnight, will freeze over nothing and has below average signal strength.

I would almost recommend he just let me put together some hardware, get a cheaper internet plan (that would be faster to boot) and be done with it. But I know I'd have to deal with every small problem that ever happens and I'm just not up to that...

And then my brother (who actually works in ICT, wonders why I like the Bastard Operator From Hell stories

Edit: also, wow, that feels good to vent. I feel much better now :)
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Jun 2012, 15:09

Dutch guy wrote:
Psycat Aurora wrote:I am so fed up with the things I have to put up with living here. I could move out, pay less rent than I do now, and not get screamed at 10 times a day. I would be infinitely happier.

My circumstance is my cat and not having to pay rent/for food (for the time being) and I don't have money. Yes, I'd rather live with my cat than my own family.
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 08 Jun 2012, 15:49

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:
Dutch guy wrote:

My circumstance is my cat and not having to pay rent/for food (for the time being) and I don't have money. Yes, I'd rather live with my cat than my own family.

For me, it's always been a money issue. I only just recently found a place that charges less rent. Also, the place I'm looking at has a cat and I have to worry about my birds.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 08 Jun 2012, 18:57

Empty bourbon bottle.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Jun 2012, 05:27

My mum has the magic talent to depressingly remind the world of the existance of teidious jobs that need to be done; groery shopping, cooking, gardening, clearing out clutter etc when I get inspired to do something that I should get to do; like Job Applications, Entries to Art competions etcc.

When I mention I need to do these things she asks; "Do you have to do it this afternoon?"

And I reply "No" whilst thinking But if I don't I probably won't be arsed again and never do it.

She's amazing at demoralizing people with her depression. I fucking hate being a passive empath.

I'm in a constant state of Meh<->Depression and when ever I clamber into the realms of 'Happiness' her existence drags me down. I need to move out.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 09 Jun 2012, 07:51

Oh my FUCKING god, the weather is inhospitable!

It's so fucking HOT out there - I was only dressed in jeans and a light windbreaker and I was fucking SWEATING!!!

Jesus, it must be like double-digits or something. :evil:

Of course, the 90%+ humidity isn't helping...

What, do I have to go dig up some SHORTS for fuck's sake?!

I suppose I should be happy that at least I'm not soaked in rain, and I can't see my breath frosting in the air in front of me, but FUCK that changed drastically (it was fine on the walk to the store, but that cursed itinerant big yellow ball came out and fucked me over on the way back).

...just can't win...maybe the landlord's lawn will be dry enough to mow in another hour or two...
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 09 Jun 2012, 10:40

I dislocated my shoulder yesterday, for the fifth time. Apparently I've got a chunk of bone missing from my arm bone where it sits in the "cup" of my shoulder. I'm having a CT scan in a couple of weeks and then I'm going to have to consider surgery, which will put me off work for over 6 weeks.

Irony of ironies, it was the surgical consultant who popped it out by accident.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 09 Jun 2012, 10:42

Hey, at least there was someone close by to put it back in properly :-P
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 09 Jun 2012, 13:06

Jesus... A chunk of bone missing from the shoulder? How? My left shoulder dislocates too but I don't think anything's missing!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 09 Jun 2012, 16:18

Darkobra wrote:Jesus... A chunk of bone missing from the shoulder? How? My left shoulder dislocates too but I don't think anything's missing!

It's kind of hard to explain without the x-ray but basically the head of the humerus (the upper arm bone) that fits into the shoulder socket isn't round (like it's supposed to be), it's got a a "pit" in it. It was probably caused either by the force of the shoulder coming out or the force of it going back in. As I understand it, it wasn't broken off, it was more like it was worn away or compacted, I'm not sure which.

Anyway, when I extend my arm a certain way this notch comes up against one of the bones that form the shoulder framework and instead of passing smoothly over it like it's supposed to, it leavers its self out.

Basically if I move it a certain way hand have too much pressure out on it then it comes out.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 09 Jun 2012, 23:01

Al'samaa fi ada'tu tareeqi.

~Elrīċe~
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 10 Jun 2012, 01:09

Alja-Markir wrote:Al'samaa fi ada'tu tareeqi.

~Elrīċe~

I'm kinda curious what that means. Because I can't really place it, and google doesn't recognize it as Arab (Which I think it it)
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Jun 2012, 03:42

Someone bought some of my stuff listed on Amazon; yay.

But,

They still haven't confirmed payment;what?

Perhaps I am God's gift to awesomeness and prompt payment, but when ever I bought anything online, my payment had been sent through promptly via the amazing skills of Debit Cards. There's a system that does all the stuff for you and ta-da at 14 years of age, you have 10 5* comments on your eBay page saying how quick you were at paying.

There were only 2 occasions when I was delayed, and it due to my Debit Card expiring and at the time my mummy looked after it. I had to wait for a new one to be sent to be and I then learnt that I should look after it myself.

So yes, it's £5 worth of items, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CONFIRM PAYMENT OF THEM?
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 10 Jun 2012, 04:35

So my old high rise flats got demolished today. They're huge, clustered together and near roads and buildings. So it had to be demolished one at a time. Looked out the window, ran downstairs to feed the guinea pigs. Got to the kitchen! My mum told me it's gone.

"What one's gone?"
"The one that blew up!"
"What one was that?"
"The one that's gone!"
"... But what one?"
"The one that blew up!"
".... THERE ARE TWELVE flats there! WHICH ONE BLEW UP?! I see ELEVEN still standing!"
"THE ONE THAT'S GONE!"
".... Was it the blue one? The yellow one? The tall one? The three that were together? The one nearest the road? The one over the bingo hall? The one near the nursery?"
"IT'S THE ONE THAT BLEW UP!"
".... I'll figure it out myself."
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 10 Jun 2012, 05:39

See this face? This is my unimpressed face. You text me two weeks ago and lead me to believe you might *actually* be returning the usb I bought specifically for the job you took me on for and actually be paying me for it. Then you wait til *now* to say you've not been able to get the data off it still! You've had it since fuckinh August last pissing year for fuck sake. You're taking the piss now love. I don't give a fuck about the usb - I just want the money! This would be why I refused to do anymore work for you.

the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 10 Jun 2012, 12:10

Darkobra wrote:"What one's gone?"
"The one that blew up!"
"What one was that?"
"The one that's gone!"
"... But what one?"
"The one that blew up!"
".... THERE ARE TWELVE flats there! WHICH ONE BLEW UP?! I see ELEVEN still standing!"
"THE ONE THAT'S GONE!"
".... Was it the blue one? The yellow one? The tall one? The three that were together? The one nearest the road? The one over the bingo hall? The one near the nursery?"
"IT'S THE ONE THAT BLEW UP!"
".... I'll figure it out myself."

She was fucking with you. I do that occasionally to friends. But I refuse to believe that something straight out of a sitcom EVER happens for realsies in real life.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 10 Jun 2012, 12:12

Oh she wasn't. She really is that stupid and this isn't a first time occurrence. This one just got me INCREDIBLY annoyed because it was a simple fucking question!

Funny thing is, even my girlfriend refuses to believe she can be that stupid, especially since she produced me.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 10 Jun 2012, 12:16

I dissagree with your girlfriends reasoning. As my mother produced me and I am capable of doing basic things like breathing and doing englishing correct like.

Also, maybe that was a real conversation. I recall the last time I spoke with my mother I wound up explaining evolution to her for 20 minutes, and when I was done her response was "I was only joking, can't you take a joke anymore?"
At no point in the 20 minutes did she try to stop me, or give any indication that I was doing anything more than wasting my breath trying to knock down a brick wall of stupid.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.

Return to “General Discussion”