Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby empath » 31 Jan 2012, 07:54

Well, after investigating more, it appears to be more of a driver issue, but still, that vidi card is 2nd hand, the power supply is four+ years old and she's changed her computing habits (making youtube videos) that requires a handful of other things upgraded, so I think it's time to hang 'grandfather's axe' over the mantel...and invest in a shiny new chainsaw. ;)
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 31 Jan 2012, 10:38

GAH STUPID NORTON.

So my dad's been having computer problems. Nothing major, just a slow computer due to a 70% full hard-drive. No wait, 80%. 90%. 99%. 70 MB remaining WTF?

The C: partition is 111 GB. Of that 111 GB of data (with no free space remaining), Norton Antivirus has installed 77 GB of Antivirus definitions. What. The. FUCK.

Uninstall Norton. Remove registry. Delete all Norton files. Hey look at that! No more "low free space" warnings! Yet my dad refuses to give up Norton AV & Systemworks, because "they've saved his computer from crashes before". Ugh.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 31 Jan 2012, 10:42

My Little Pony is entirely too much of a thing. It's seeming ubiquity is starting to depress me.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 31 Jan 2012, 11:19

the amativeness, there is only one solution. Refuse to fix his computer UNLESS he installs a better antivirus package. (And this could be anything. Norton is just about the most terrible one out there when it comes to speed imho. Only Mcafee is comparible)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 31 Jan 2012, 16:19

Duckay wrote:I don't know if this is really a "vent" as such, but I need to get it off my chest a little.

I just got a phone call from work saying that a client has been hospitalized. I was specifically requested to come on shift and help out. I'm working at a different house tonight; I can't do it.

What sucks is that I feel like I've let them down even though obviously I can't help that I'm working elsewhere. And I'm really kind of upset about their hospitalization because it's just the next step in an ongoing series of health problems and I just feel really sad for them. Of course, no one in my personal life knows this client from Adam, so it's hard to just talk about just to get my feelings out there a little.

And just to top it all off, man that was a rubbish shift last night. I think I spent half the night in a state of panic about everyone's health.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 31 Jan 2012, 18:05

I know I'm double-posting, but gosh, I'm furiously mad right now.

Someone just told me that "surely [I'm] smart enough to realize" that statistics don't mean anything in a debate because they're subject to change and that they're going to agree to disagree because that's what "grown-up, civilized people do". I would understand the point about statistics in some contexts and if made some ways, but in context, it just infuriated me. Ending a debate by insinuating that your opponent is uncivilized, stupid and immature is just low.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 31 Jan 2012, 18:30

Been watching australian and american politics I see.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 31 Jan 2012, 22:41

Possibly the lowest-tier of my rants but fuck it! I crave cheesy pasta! I've been drinking all night! Got to say! I feel better! Nice to have some ME! time! ME! Not YOUR problems Not HIS or HER problems! For the first time in many months, ME!

And I'd love some cheesy pasta to make this night complete to tackle a few more months of bullshit with idiots!

Men are simple, ladies. Keep us fed and don't take our rants entirely seriously. We rant to amuse ourselves. Unless we are GENUINELY angry, then we'll rant at the source. And headbutt them.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 01 Feb 2012, 02:49

Darkobra wrote:Possibly the lowest-tier of my rants but fuck it! I crave cheesy pasta! I've been drinking all night! Got to say! I feel better! Nice to have some ME! time! ME! Not YOUR problems Not HIS or HER problems! For the first time in many months, ME!

And I'd love some cheesy pasta to make this night complete to tackle a few more months of bullshit with idiots!

Men are simple, ladies. Keep us fed and don't take our rants entirely seriously. We rant to amuse ourselves. Unless we are GENUINELY angry, then we'll rant at the source. And headbutt them.

I'd send you some, but it would be cold on arrival. );
Hurp-De-Durp!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 01 Feb 2012, 06:11

Aww. Well give the kitties my love! That will make my night complete!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Feb 2012, 20:06

I got a $40 ticket for going to the space needle, i parked at mcdonalds went in got something walked across the street to the space needle came back and had the ticket I showed them the ticket they said "well you left the
Lot sir we have it on camera when you walked away you were no longer our customer."
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lemegeton
First Video: one of the checpoints on penny arcade

Postby Lemegeton » 02 Feb 2012, 03:42

I really fucking hate my cunt of a job. I have been here 6 years and in the last year its like all the management have been switched to Unreasonable Prick mode :evil:
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 02 Feb 2012, 05:02

So, I managed to miss all my classes today, because my flatmates decided to invite a large number of people over last night and get drunk till about four in the morning.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Feb 2012, 06:23

Darkobra wrote:Men are simple, ladies. Keep us fed and don't take our rants entirely seriously. We rant to amuse ourselves. Unless we are GENUINELY angry, then we'll rant at the source. And headbutt them.

ImageImageImage

SO MOTHERFUCKING THIS.

Thank you for boiling down how I use tVT.

Moving right along:
Lemegeton wrote:I really fucking hate my cunt of a job. I have been here 6 years and in the last year its like all the management have been switched to Unreasonable Prick mode :evil:

So, didn't know you were working for Sobeys, too! ;)

And In Other News™

What does Old Man Winter have against me seeing my chiropractor?

Two weeks ago I'd had a visit, and usually we'll get another couple of adjustment sessions in over the following couple of weeks...

...THIS time, it's been two weeks, and I'm still at a single session so far - last week (the only weekday off I had to get across town to him) we had a big blizzard that shut the whole city down, so we rescheduled to this Tuesday just past, since I was working in the evening and could jaunt over it the morning...yeah, another brief storm with TWICE the snowfall forecasted and high (70+km/h) winds and frequent whiteout that lasted until about maybe 3pm, so we went for my day off today, since the forecast was another storm system expected to hit the area on Friday afternoon...

"NOPE! Chuck Testa!" :P

That system hit us this morning, it started light snow around 4am, and didn't get "heavy" until 8am (the same time the winds got over 50km/h) and is only expected to last until maybe noon...and I had a 10am appointment. Image

1 for 4; great odds. I'll call him around 1pm to see how his schedule is and maybe squeeze me in...maybe :P
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Feb 2012, 08:41

I'm trying to apply for jobs and get my art career rolling but I keep being asked for help by my cancer-recovering mother who keeps raging at me for not having a job and doesn't want me to waste my life for her sake. I therefore don't have the time for things or when I do it's the evening and I'm tired and all I want to do is relax.
HYPOCRITE MUCH?

If she was in a strong mental state I'd highlight her irony.

Playing HoN and DotA2 doesn't help me be un-pissed.
Lemegeton
First Video: one of the checpoints on penny arcade

Postby Lemegeton » 02 Feb 2012, 13:59

Darkobra wrote:

one million times yes. My girlfriend takes my rants far too seriously.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 02 Feb 2012, 14:19

My sister has an unrivaled ability to pop up whenever I start getting happy with my life and degrade everything in it. You'd think that I would of gotten used to it by now, she's always used me as her verbal punching-bag when something is going wrong in her life.

I wish I could say that she's a shit person, but to everyone -but- me she's a lovely person, and I find it extremely hard to dislike her, and ignore what she says.

Oh well ...
Hurp-De-Durp!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 02 Feb 2012, 17:00

So I get a call while I'm asleep, the short version "Upshaw needs computer help". Still half asleep, in my head I'm like "AUUUGGGGHHH". Then fall asleep again.
The past dealing with him, no problem, its the little shits of his kids I have issues with, running around making noise, screaming and playing with their toys so goddamn loud. However, acting in a professional capacity I ignore them

Today I came close to back handing them. I went over after being GUILT TRIPPED by my dad (who called me in the morning) and actually talked to the father over the phone. Fuck!

So I go over and his wife is there, as well as the little kids. I get to work on what I know, while will be simple, still will be a pain with them there. After about half an hour of working, one of the kids playing with a toy car walks by and goes "Why are you still here?" To fix a problem you probably helped cause you little shit
And then PROCEEDS TO SLAM A CAR ON MY BACK, and run it down. He then notices my pants being a bit low and sticks his finger down my ass crack. THE. FUCK.
That was really the worst aside from them running around for the next hour bumping into me constantly and getting asked, nothing more, to stop. All the while they proceeded to.
To top it off, on the wall next to me is a this Image
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 02 Feb 2012, 17:12

gcninja wrote:Crazy stuff.

I would outright tell them that you can't work in those conditions. If the kids insist on tormenting you, you will be leaving. Period.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 02 Feb 2012, 17:25

Oh, I got it all good, and made... TWENTY BUCKS. Ten now ten later <_<
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 02 Feb 2012, 18:30

Thesis is due to my committee tomorrow. I defend in less than a week... 45 minute presentation over two years of work. Totally doable. I believe the committee wants to pass me, regardless of my presentation. Why is this so nervewracking?

Because I have a chest cold and no voice and have, therefore, been unable to practice presenting or even have an adequate level of concentration to put the presentation together.

Soo..... in the next week I need to regain not only my self-confidence, but my voice and a note of sanity.

<turns on the Rocky theme>
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 03 Feb 2012, 05:04

2stepz, public speaking is hard. Doing a presentation about something you spend 2 years on is even harder. You SHOULD get nervous. Just, you know, control IT, instead of it controlling you.

Remember: Your nerves are like a jelly fish. The top part is all nice and soft and, you know, it's really good. But the bottom part is dangerous. If you feel down and you get low and you feel like you're drowning under water you're gonna get stung, by your nerves. But if you stay light and float through life everything will be fine..
sleepingzombieXD
First Video: lost planet

Postby sleepingzombieXD » 03 Feb 2012, 10:17

I feel inadequate. I am so used to understand nearly every person walking under the sun, that I feel pain now that i understand that I cannot EVER understand some things. I have one body, so there are some people I care about that I wont ever understand. I feel cut of, lacking. It hurts. Its human, but I dont Just want to be human. I want to be something more :)

I Crave understanding. But I cant. EVER. it hurts especialy when I think of someone I care about. I wont ever be able to get closer to that One. I will always be locked in my Little Bubble. I don´w want to look into The soul, but i´d want to get close to other people. Instead of standing on different planets, i´d like us to be somethig like roomates, or neighbours.
"Head smacks Desk"
Being Human sucks ^^.
-BAh
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 03 Feb 2012, 10:27

Time for a vent of my own.

You god damn bastard. I've told you atleast 3 times I was due to start my final traineeship next monday. I told you several times I HAD to move all my stuff to your house TODAY. I call you on sunday and you say your busy, fine, you say you'll call me back monday, but you don't do that. I call tuesday but you don't pick up. Finally on thursday you answer a text simply saying your having some payment issues with previous renters and I CANT MOVE YET!!! YOU GORRAM BUSSING *Multiple expletives redacted* ASSHOLE! Now I'm stuck not being able to start work monday, not having a place to live anywhere near my new workplace, and once I DO finally find another place I'll have no-one available to help me move. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................................... GAHHH, I could just dropkick a kitten I'm so angry.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 03 Feb 2012, 13:11

You know what's AWESOME?

Rape apologism.

You know what's MORE awesome?

Seeing a forum moderator warning a user for taking a righteous stand against rape apologism, but letting the actual shitheads go about their merry way.

Fuck everything about that.

-m

I am not angry at you.

Return to “General Discussion”