Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
beramode0
First Video: Questionably Legal Man

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby beramode0 » 17 Jul 2012, 16:17

I can't go into threads with pictures and gifs on my smartphone because they load so sloooow #first_world_problems
Twitter Steam Facebook
Add as a friend/Follow at your own risk.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 17 Jul 2012, 16:32

People in my house don't grasp the concept of closing my door properly. They close it ish, but then it rattles in the wind. It's as thought they don't want me to spend so much time in front of my laptop.

Of course, they know a Desktop is better. How kind of them.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 17 Jul 2012, 19:19

Yeah, so I mentioned how yesterday Zyxst and I got into a 'gift of the magi'-esque little situation of me coming home early and missing her walking down to meet me at work...

...apparently she spent ages at the store because the few people working in the deli were either too busy texting to notice a potential customer standing at their serving cases or off doing stock-related stuff in the freezer or similar (likely also in an attempt to avoid customers), so she waited around, wondering if I was in back for a while, before Asst Mngr from Heck (who was already off work, but saw and recognized my wife) came over and let her know I was already gone.

And the 'never saw the deli itself for hours' turned out to be the case for me TODAY as I got to work; immediately spent two hours putting away all our wrap (packaging, containers, etc) in the warehouse, took out the full garbage bin to the cardboard baler & trash compactor...TWICE (once before putting away the wrap, and once after), and also getting more pages for the temperature logs that the Asst Mngr from Heck promised to do...all morning (it did take me three tries - the admin ppl were on lunch). :P

Oh, and the two people that Zyxst likely had to deal with yesterday by the time she got there? Last month's Employee of the Month, and THIS month's. Image
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 17 Jul 2012, 20:11

Got anotehr call today, yeah I didn't get the place. So I'm stuck living here debating if it's worth getting out of bed every day. So far the answer has been no.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 17 Jul 2012, 21:20

What? What reason did they have to refuse you?
Hurp-De-Durp!
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 17 Jul 2012, 22:19

Other people needed it more.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 17 Jul 2012, 23:01

=/
Hurp-De-Durp!
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 17 Jul 2012, 23:28

Arm still hurting
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 18 Jul 2012, 00:05

No wonder! You were used as a dartboard! I'm surprised the doctors didn't just draw a bullseye on you and start chucking them!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Jul 2012, 02:16

Knee not hurt as much.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 18 Jul 2012, 04:59

Matt wrote:This. "Elsewhere" referring to some other website.

I absolutely will not tolerate the dismissal of transgender identities as "wishing you were something else" on this forum, and if you care to hold that opinion you are welcome to keep it to yourself while you are here.

This is the only warning I will give, further debate of this topic from anyone will result in the immediate closure of this thread.

Period.

-m

So completely ignore science and accept what you believe or you’re locking the joint down. Nice.

You know why so many problems like this still exist? Because of the shit you’re pulling right now. Because instead of having frank, honest discussions about the matter, people want to just plug their ears and hope it goes away. Sorry champ, things don’t work that way. Things like this never go away without dialogue. As long as people would rather get pissed off at each other and look down their “more enlightened than thou” nose at people who don’t think like them than actually talk about it, things will never change.

You wanna be part of the problem or the solution?
-Wraith
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 18 Jul 2012, 05:04

Arm doesn't feel quite like someone's been punching it all day now. This is an improvement.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 18 Jul 2012, 05:50

Really hate waiting for my appeal response. Every time I check my email is a micro-infarction...

Again, this is stress I did not need this summer. I miss New York, I miss my school, I miss my friends.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Jul 2012, 05:52

I'm sorry for dragging myself in despite spending last evening by derailing the thread away from it, but:

I dislike gender politics on the internet. It should be simple: Yay for sexual equality. It's something that can never resolved by mature discussion as there rarely is mature discussion. It's an issue that it feels like that can only be addressed by doing. Typing on the internet isn't really going to do much as everyone has their ideas already and are too stubborn to change them regardless of their initial opinions. Treat human beings like human beings. That should be all there is. When raising your child don't enforce any gender stereotypes for example. Maybe this is something that cannot be resolved by preaching. It can be achieved by raising the next generation to not be sexist.

But people complicate it. Some women even shout at men at How dare they have an opinion on this matter because they have a penis.
---
I hate the system at voluntry work where I data entry books. It works 10% of the time. I hate computers as it is. I hate them even more when there are consistant faults.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 18 Jul 2012, 05:56, edited 2 times in total.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jul 2012, 05:52

Wraith wrote:So completely ignore science and accept what you believe or you’re locking the joint down. Nice.

You know why so many problems like this still exist? Because of the shit you’re pulling right now. Because instead of having frank, honest discussions about the matter, people want to just plug their ears and hope it goes away. Sorry champ, things don’t work that way. Things like this never go away without dialogue. As long as people would rather get pissed off at each other and look down their “more enlightened than thou” nose at people who don’t think like them than actually talk about it, things will never change.

You wanna be part of the problem or the solution?

Wraith, your current ignorance towards transgendered and transexual people is the problem, so can it!
Hurp-De-Durp!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 18 Jul 2012, 06:12

Thread locking in:

The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 18 Jul 2012, 06:15

Deedles wrote:Wraith, your current ignorance towards transgendered and transexual people is the problem, so can it!

Apparently virtually every biology textbook, professor and dictionary is similarly ignorant. Love to hear what qualifies you as such an expert.

Either way, if I'm so damn ignorant, then you've got...what, exactly, to lose by having an objective discussion on the matter?

Yea, nothing says "I detest ignorance" quite like plugging your ears and saying that you don't want to discuss scientific definitions of a biological classification.
-Wraith
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 18 Jul 2012, 06:16

Fezzul wrote:Really hate waiting for my appeal response. Every time I check my email is a micro-infarction...

Again, this is stress I did not need this summer. I miss New York, I miss my school, I miss my friends.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you appealing?
-Wraith
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jul 2012, 06:22

Wraith wrote:
Deedles wrote:Wraith, your current ignorance towards transgendered and transexual people is the problem, so can it!

Apparently virtually every biology textbook, professor and dictionary is similarly ignorant. Love to hear what qualifies you as such an expert.

Either way, if I'm so damn ignorant, then you've got...what, exactly, to lose by having an objective discussion on the matter?

Yea, nothing says "I detest ignorance" quite like plugging your ears and saying that you don't want to discuss scientific definitions of a biological classification.

Because the discussion has already been asked to stop, or moved to another thread. I personally don't care if you discuss it, just that so far you've not listened to or complied to anyone's request for you to take it elsewhere.

Yes. You are being ignorant, maybe not to the subject of biology, but you are being ignorant towards the thoughts and feelings of transgendered and transsexual people by practically spitting on their issues and wishes.

Now please take your discussion elsewhere, make a thread, or something. Just don't do it here.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 18 Jul 2012, 06:31

Deedles wrote:Yes. You are being ignorant, maybe not to the subject of biology, but you are being ignorant towards the thoughts and feelings of transgendered and transsexual people by practically spitting on their issues and wishes.

I'm not being ignorant towards anyone's thought's and feelings. Ignorance means you don't know something. Pointing out the logical, factual flaws in what someone thinks and/or says is not the same as not knowing what they think.

Deedles wrote:Now please take your discussion elsewhere, make a thread, or something. Just don't do it here.

Hey Deeds? I'm going to let you in on a little secret: no matter who a person is, no matter how stubborn they may be, you can end a discussion you're involved in as easily as they are. All you have to do is stop talking. See, it takes two people to discuss something. Take away one side of the discussion, and the discussion ceases to exist. Quite frankly, I had believed that my first post this morning would have been the end of it. And it would have been until you responded. If you want to discuss something, discuss. If you don't want to discuss it, stop discussing it. Either one is fine. But don't start or rekindle a discussion and then tell me to stop. If you have a problem with the discussion, then you stop it.
Last edited by Wraith on 18 Jul 2012, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
-Wraith
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jul 2012, 06:38

So you're just being inconsiderate and mean. Because that's sooo much better than being ignorant.

... Did you catch onto the sarcasm?
Hurp-De-Durp!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Jul 2012, 06:43

Just a reminder that Matt asked everyone to stop discussing this.

Not that it matters...
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 18 Jul 2012, 06:44

Deedles wrote:So you're just being inconsiderate and mean. Because that's sooo much better than being ignorant.

... Did you catch onto the sarcasm?

Yea, thing is, I don't particularly care if you think I'm being mean and inconsiderate by not lying to appease people. I'd rather be perceived as mean than know that I'm a liar.
-Wraith
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jul 2012, 06:45

metcarfre wrote:Just a reminder that Matt asked everyone to stop discussing this.

Not that it matters...

Of course it matters.
Hurp-De-Durp!

Return to “General Discussion”