Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Geoff_B » 01 Nov 2011, 00:49

I don't like that society seems to be telling us that we must constantly be productive. Machines are constantly productive, it's what they're for. And I'd like to think that we're more than machines.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 01 Nov 2011, 01:12

gcninja wrote:Not to mention you're doing a hell of a better job then me on making up failed classes. I play games going, "I have time, don't worry" then on the last week it's all "Oh shit oh shit oh shit". However, all work and now play makes people cranky, amitrite?
also, if your boyfriend has BF3, just borrow it or play it at his place when you hang. You get your fix and pay nothing for it. As for getting to know people, that's just how you do it, however it can be offensive to people by jumping into their personal life as such, i do think this is more of lyings territory.

That's the main problem, I would want to play it with Jack and our friends, but it would mean that me or Jack would have to sit out, and I don't like making people sit out.

He told me that he has thought about how much he plays BF3 and has felt bad that he hasn't hung out with me more than he does, and that he would be more attentive towards me. I just don't want to impose on his fun ... that would just make me feel worse, ya know?

Geoff_B wrote:I don't like that society seems to be telling us that we must constantly be productive. Machines are constantly productive, it's what they're for. And I'd like to think that we're more than machines.

Yeah ... I just get worried about getting nowhere in my life, and I let that worry go too far.
Hurp-De-Durp!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 01 Nov 2011, 02:47

All right, the next Stone Age moron who dares to tell me that 'gay marriage is destroying the institution' blah-blah-blah is getting the following picture shoved so hard into their face that you'll be able to see it on the back of their head!

Seventy-fucking-two days; the default warranty for manufacturing defects is longer than that!
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 01 Nov 2011, 02:52

Hahahahahahahahahahah. I have no idea who or what either of them human impersonators is. Other than one of them is like paris hilton or something.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
empath

Postby empath » 01 Nov 2011, 03:04

I know - I have no idea why she's 'notable' - it's not like 'pretty' or 'curvaceous' is anything but COMMON in Hollywood, and she doesn't seem to have ANY skills whatsoever. Forget Wall Street, OCCUPY RODEO DRIVE!!! :evil:
empath

Postby empath » 01 Nov 2011, 03:13

LAST MINUTE AMENDMENT: I'm gonna be late to work due to an exposed blood vessel on my back; there's a spot in the middle, right over my spine where it got cut scratched or something ages ago and bled like my throat was slashed; soaked through bandages, etc. Ever since I have a little bump of a scab and I have to be careful not to scratch at it or hook it for fear of unleashing the floodgates, but every few months or so I forget...

...well, this morning I was clumsy taking of my nightshirt, and that pulled at the scab and set it off; it's taken a damn hour for Zyxst to get something on my back that SHOULD keep my white work shirt from getting stained: a strip bandage, THEN a gauze pad, then about a fuckton of surgical tape to 'seal' up the area...here's hoping. :?

I really gotta see a doctor about it, I guess. Not life-threatening, but definitely disruptive. Worst part is it's the middle of my back so I can't even do anything about it MYSELF. :(
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 01 Nov 2011, 03:40

I love the fact that on that pic there's an advert for their wedding series and immediately underneath it says they're divorcing :D

EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 01 Nov 2011, 14:22

FUCK YOU SO MUCH JSTOR ARCHIVES!

You let me log in to you fine last year, now all of a sudden I don't have access to any articles even though I'm part of an affiliated University, have an account, was sent here by the fucking lecturer telling us where to read the bloody articles! And not to mention the articles you're charging for while promoting yourself as non-profit! Burn in hell!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 01 Nov 2011, 15:31

Telling a guy that you're horny is teasing them? That is dumb as shit. Why wouldn't it be taken like any other matter-of-fact statement? I'm naked right now. It's naked Tuesday. Big fuckin' whoop. Did I just tease all of you? I don't understand this thing. SOCIETY IS FUCKING STUPID.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 01 Nov 2011, 15:34

O.O

goat

Postby goat » 01 Nov 2011, 16:00

Fayili wrote:Telling a guy that you're horny is teasing them? That is dumb as shit. Why wouldn't it be taken like any other matter-of-fact statement? I'm naked right now. It's naked Tuesday. Big fuckin' whoop. Did I just tease all of you? I don't understand this thing. SOCIETY IS FUCKING STUPID.

You're saying something sexual to someone who has no sexual relationship with you (presumably). It's roughly the equivalent of me walking up and saying "hey there, nice day. I HAVE A RAGING HARD ON", except ya know... less creepy because you're a girl and sexual comments by girls are seen as an invitation as opposed to sexual harassment when gender roles are reversed.

Yes, this is a vent. I had an ex-girlfriend (much later, an admitted cock tease) who would do that kind of thing to me. She once messaged me solely to tell me that she nearly had an orgasm from her seatbelt vibrating as she drove past my house (while in a relationship with another guy, about a year after we had broken up). Just out of the blue, "I thought you might like to know". gah.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 01 Nov 2011, 16:07

Except my friends don't mind talking about whether or not they're aroused. I don't get it. Like, if one of them messaged me saying, "I'm so goddamn horny right now." I'd say, "Sucks, bro." or "You should do something about that." or even "Why?"

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 01 Nov 2011, 16:28

I think it would depend on the tone with which said horniness (Firefox tells me that it does not know that word, interesting) was described.

I can see a person taking that comment the wrong way if it were said in a certain way.

That said, if there's one thing I have been told by all the sexual harassment pamphlets I was given at orientation, it's that you should never assume a woman is inviting you to have sex with them, unless they actually say "I give you permission to have sex with me," and sign a form confirming this statement. Otherwise, it is punishable under law. Sexual harassment pamphlets are funny.

But yeah, it would depend on how you said it.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 01 Nov 2011, 16:42

I'm gonna need a form to spend time with my girlfriend? Jesus, I thought we were trying to CUT DOWN on paper use?
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 01 Nov 2011, 17:18

Well you can instead work out a kind of lease agreement for long-term use, whereby you both just initial a 'log book' for each encounter and counter-sign at the begging and end of a 6 month period.

Of course by doing this you can also write off certain expenses against tax...
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2011, 17:50

If you are telling young guys you are naked they are then going to think of your breasts, your curves, your vagina. That is nakedness. The main reason we wear clothing is to cover up our sexual parts. If you're telling a guy you are horny... they are now envisioning you naked and, well, horny. Wanting to be pleasured. Now they have all these mental images of you and they can't do a thing about it because you have a boyfriend.

If a guy friend tells a girl he's horny it's pretty much as you said... "sucks bro.. do somethng about that". It's not like the girl is going to think of him stroking it and get aroused.

It's just how most guys and gals operate. I mean you can try and fight that all you want and tell people you are naked and horny, but don't be surprised if you are called a tease because some dude just spent the past five minutes having sex with you in his head.
In fact, I'm sure now every single, straight male on here is thinking about you naked and horny. Maybe even some of the females! Who knows!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 01 Nov 2011, 17:53

I guess it depends on the friendship and the kind of people you are. I mean, there are some people who could say that to me and I'd go, "Oh, sucks to be you.", and others who could say that and I'd go, "Wtf why did you say that are you trying to come onto me what what what".
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 01 Nov 2011, 18:14

With the group of friends i have, that sort of conversation tended to be typical, if not an upgrade. I don't understand why they feel a need to constantly talk about that stuff, yet when they do, male of female, my response was always the same, "Why do you think i care?"

Also, this conversation just confirms something i already knew, i once told amanda that the reason ever single guy she knows talks about sex when they talk to her is because they want the sex with her. If i show her rockets post i think she'd have a heart attack XD
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 01 Nov 2011, 19:51

Oh Fayili, not a day goes by where you say something and I don't find myself able to relate.

I think there's some social norm we don't understand where a statement such as "I'm naked and horny" is interpreted as more than its explicit meaning. Not that this in itself is particularly strange, we do it all the time. Subtext is a significant component of communication, obviously.

This whole phenomenon is quite odd, though. When guys tell me they're horny I likewise respond with "Well, congratulations," or "You should really do something about that." Just because they express their horniness to me doesn't mean that I interpret it as any cue to have sex with them, even when it's my boyfriend. You're horny, I know.

But I guess regular people interpret a statement of "I'm naked and horny," as some sort of request for them to do something about it? And as a result they probably take it to be a sexual advance, something which can be quite exciting/arousing depending on the circumstances, but it turns out to be a "tease" for them because you shut them down later, have a boyfriend, etc.

That's just my guess, anyway.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 01 Nov 2011, 21:36

I didn't say "I'm naked and horny" just that I was horny. I was trying to say, was me NOW saying that I'm naked equivalent, and I just don't get this. I was fully clothed when I said I was horny.

Duckay

Postby Duckay » 01 Nov 2011, 22:00

Part of it, too, is how close you are to that person. If you have the kind of relationship where that's normal, your intent (just saying, or whatever) is easily read. I've got friendships like that. But if you're not that close, or don't have that kind of relationship, it can come across a bit like, "okay, why are you telling me that?". I got into a bit of an awkwardness with a friend once because I met them through a guy who would say stuff like that all the time without weirdness, but they took it as a bit of a flirt when I said similar things, because they didn't know what I meant by it.

Basically, I'm using a lot of words to say that I see both sides. Sometimes communication is hard.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2011, 22:28

I can see both sides, really I can. But seriously. I hate to (not really) get graphic here but if you're telling a young guy you're horny, regardless of how well you know him, he is probably going to envision all sorts of things... naked, wet, ready to go, breasts bouncing, sheet grabbing goodness and get turned on. That is why it's considered a tease. You're basically inviting that person to envision you sexually - and then they do -then it's a frustrating experience because they can't do a thing about it. Obviously I'm not saying every guy will get an insta-erection when you mention being horny, but there is a fairly good chance when you are basically saying it's okay to think of you in that way - they will.

I mean I get that you hang out in the theatre group and are exposed to a bunch of people that have fewer walls and boundries than normal... but this isn't that hard of a concept to grasp. I don't really want to say more on the subject because obviously this is the venting thread. The only reason I responded in the first place was because you posted it as a question to the forum and also others were replying. Maybe this should be moved to the sex thread instead? Just a thought because if it's going to turn into a discussion I'd rather not see the venting thread get shut down becuase of it.
Last edited by TheRocket on 01 Nov 2011, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 01 Nov 2011, 22:30

I'm not going to get upset over this, if that's what you're worried about. He's just in theater, too, and in my general group of friends that accepts this sort of thing. And he wasn't bothered by it if, "I'm intrigued... go on" is anything to judge by. At that, I laughed, and then we kept on talking. Later, our mutual friend told me to stop teasing his friend and that it was a bad idea. And I was all, "...buh?"

Duckay

Postby Duckay » 01 Nov 2011, 22:32

Well, it's also possible that he thought it was fine, but his friend was side-eyeing.

Also, to bring this back on topic, I am really not happy because I was hoping to get through today without a nap, despite my early rising, and then I spent a solid 3 hours in bed. Goodbye, most other things I wanted to get done today! I'm also still so sore from my return to pole, and my muscles are cursing me out a little bit for taking 24 weeks off and then launching back in like nothing happened.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 01 Nov 2011, 22:34

Also both of them tried to convince me that being exclusive with IX may not be the best idea... It's really effing annoying.

Return to “General Discussion”