Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
gcninja

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby gcninja » 14 Aug 2011, 22:33

Fuuuuu. Just sent ex friend who mooched off me and ditched me a letter saying I WILL take them to small claims court if I dont get my shit back.
Its more a ploy to get my stuff back rather than the money, but as i stated
You owe my dvds back, I know I wont see the money, but the least you owe me is them. If I do not hear back from you in the next week about how I am getting them back, in the condition you got them, I WILL contact a lawyer about a civil suit and take you for at LEAST 500. I can as due to you NOT paying me back and just up and leaving, I've had to take a loan from brian and now the money is out of MY own pocket, as well as court fees and the cost of the DVDs themselves, that being 70 dollars.
Again, if I DO NOT hear from you in one week I will serve a court order. And if you do not think I have proper reason to, see here:
Three years - Debt from oral contract; stated or open account; relief on ground of fraud or mistake (ARS 12-542)

You do not have the right to mooch off me and then just leave. You know what you did was wrong and I have a WITNESS to prove it.

If I DONT get my dvds back I will be taking him to court over an oral contract with a WITNESS present
son of a bitch this sucks.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
njsykora
First Video: The Job

Postby njsykora » 14 Aug 2011, 23:16

I think the second quote in your sig sums up my thoughts on that.

Also I hate not being able to sleep when transitioning from work into a day off. I'm going to end up sleeping through it and wasting the day.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 14 Aug 2011, 23:18

you dont think its right that im doing this or what?
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 14 Aug 2011, 23:46

WARNING: NSFW language from a very pissed off individual...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At work today, I found myself having to spend an hour and a half with one of my managers in the back, because her jackass Marine boyfriend was cheating on her, told her to get her stuff and get out (even though she's on the lease), and treated her like shit the past few weeks. I sat back there as she cried, threw up stomach acid, because it made her sick, held her hand as she called her sister and parents. and basically told her that I was in tears myself because I was so fucking pissed off that I wanted to punch a wall or rip the asshole's balls off with my bare hands.

I have no romantic interest in her whatsoever, but she is a sweet, lovely girl and seeing her in that much pain really got me fuming. I'm still awake because I can't seem to get her face out of my head, the face of her in emotional agony. She went to bat for him I can't tell you how many times. His command would be hard on him, and she'd be there helping him out. FUCK, SHE TOOK CARE OF THE HOUSE WHILE HE WENT TO TAKE CARE OF HIS SICK GODDAMN MOTHER AFTER BRAIN SURGERY!!!! And THIS is how he repays her?! You call yourself a MARINE??!?! You fucking douchnozzle, you are disgracing the honor and name of all military men and women out there, especially the USMC. I hope it was worth it, fucking faggot-licking cumstain. You are less of a man than anyone, and I hope you drown in the bathtub jerking off to your naked women emails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, this has made me realize that because I'm Irish (quick to anger), German (slow to forgive), and a Hufflepuff (loyal to those I care fore), I'm essentially a honey badger.
njsykora

Postby njsykora » 15 Aug 2011, 01:06

gcninja wrote:you dont think its right that im doing this or what?

I don't think its wrong, I think its ridiculous that you've had to resort to that.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 15 Aug 2011, 01:15

Thank you! But sadly I called it, he has never held a job more than 6 months, and this was his sixth month

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 15 Aug 2011, 01:32

Uncertainty about whether I can get an extension to my funding is the last thing I need right now.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Aug 2011, 03:01

tak197 wrote:WARNING: NSFW language from a very pissed off individual...

<douchebag being a ungrateful douchebag to a good person>
You call yourself a MARINE??!?! You fucking douchnozzle, you are disgracing the honor and name of all military men and women out there, especially the USMC.

Get word of this to his fellow Marines; I'm sure they'd LOVE to find out what a great example of the Corps their comarade is setting. *cracks knuckles*

And at first I was thinking of how to get down to Penn to help you waylay this scumbag (it'd take the two of us to subdue him, probably), but then I recalled that strict organizations like this tend to unofficially police their own...

And gcninja? Also regretful that you were forced to take this action, but NAIL HIS ASS!
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 15 Aug 2011, 03:20

gcninja wrote:Fuuuuu. Just sent ex friend who mooched off me and ditched me a letter saying I WILL take them to small claims court if I dont get my shit back.
Its more a ploy to get my stuff back rather than the money, but as i stated
You owe my dvds back, I know I wont see the money, but the least you owe me is them. If I do not hear back from you in the next week about how I am getting them back, in the condition you got them, I WILL contact a lawyer about a civil suit and take you for at LEAST 500. I can as due to you NOT paying me back and just up and leaving, I've had to take a loan from brian and now the money is out of MY own pocket, as well as court fees and the cost of the DVDs themselves, that being 70 dollars.
Again, if I DO NOT hear from you in one week I will serve a court order. And if you do not think I have proper reason to, see here:
Three years - Debt from oral contract; stated or open account; relief on ground of fraud or mistake (ARS 12-542)

You do not have the right to mooch off me and then just leave. You know what you did was wrong and I have a WITNESS to prove it.

If I DONT get my dvds back I will be taking him to court over an oral contract with a WITNESS present
son of a bitch this sucks.

Some advice from Harlan Ellison on small claims courts: do whatever you can to make sure that the hearing is at the most bugfucked hour possible in the most bugfucking remote place possible. And be sure that it's set up that the person named must show up, and not some representative. If they don't show, you typically win by default.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Aug 2011, 03:29

That's utterly EVIL

...so I *love* it. :twisted:

And if you have any ethical qualms? Rationalize it as "a defaulted case would save The Courts a lot of time and effort" and thus you're being thoughtful toward society in general!

(Note to self, never piss off a writer)
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 15 Aug 2011, 04:29

Which is probably a better outcome than some moron trying to fob you off with a line like "oral contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on".

I look forward to hearing the outcome and the culmination of your revenge.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 15 Aug 2011, 09:56

Would I be justified in feeling pissed off that my D&D group isn't present and ready at the time we're supposed to start playing? Oh, not just this week, either. We've never started on time.

The group also doesn't Role Play, they just Game. Kinda.

I'm starting to wonder why I bother. I mean, I enjoy playing. Usually. But none of the other players bothers to even try and put on a character. Even my brother, who has acting training and experience (such as it is), doesn't bother role-playing a character. Oh, he would argue that point, but what he does really isn't RP.

Oh, and am I justified in feeling pissed off, as well, when he decides that whatever random friend he met in town (and who I've never met) earlier in the day can come back and hang out when we're supposed to be playing?
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 15 Aug 2011, 10:35

Yes on all accounts jester.
I've had that dnd problem from two angles.
As player, and dm.
PEople who just plain don't understand that dnd is a roleplaying game, not "The rogue got more kills than me, this is bullshit. when do we fight more shit?"
Also, "The town is being swarmed by undead, the day is lost, your party must decide what to do now, evacuate with the citizens and try to save as many as possible, or run to the nearest town with a sizeable garrison."
"We go and fight them."
"You what..."
"We fight them, can i roll now."
"You know what the word hoard means right?"
"So?"
"Ok, you charge the hundreds, maybe thousands of undead. Take 6 saves vs attack of opportunity."
"Ok, you survive the attacks of opportunity, now to save all the time we'd waste on the fights, make a fort test."
"Why?"
"Because the 4 of you just charged hundreds of undead that are stronger than you, even if you could kill them all, this is to see if you don't fall over dead from exaustion from trying to fight them all."

4 people, think they can take on a fucking unedad horde. At level one, 10 minutes into the game. THIS ISN'T FUCKING DYNASTY WARRIORS!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
njsykora

Postby njsykora » 15 Aug 2011, 12:55

I don't know, some hilarious things can happen when people aren't taking DnD seriously. Besides, as DM its your responsibility (not to mention right and pleasure) to brutalise players like that back into line.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 15 Aug 2011, 13:21

Surely players like that deserve everything they get and earn a legacy that puts them alongside the pagoda that comes to life and eats the paladin? They must be good for entertainment value at least.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 15 Aug 2011, 13:39

Wasn't it a Gazebo?
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Postby nonjabiru » 15 Aug 2011, 13:48

Tomatoe/tomato.

And if anybody is interested in the story, here it is along with some other ones.
http://www.dndadventure.com/html/articl ... ories.html
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 15 Aug 2011, 14:04

I'm actually not the DM these days. I have been, but it's getting on for nine+ months since I stopped.

Thanks, though. Now I can feel justified when I get pissed off next time. :P
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 15 Aug 2011, 14:12

Well if I do it'll be at least 30 days before I find out anything. Not to mention I just found out he lied to everybody and only moved to the next town over 60 miles away. Hes also jobless living at friends places.
Thats hilarious

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Ringo803
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Location: Satellite of Love, Somewhere over Lexington, South Carolina

Postby Ringo803 » 15 Aug 2011, 15:43

The Jester wrote:I'm actually not the DM these days. I have been, but it's getting on for nine+ months since I stopped.

Thanks, though. Now I can feel justified when I get pissed off next time. :P

Hell man, I wish my groups even MET on a regular basis (we have yet to actually FINISH a campaign for that reason).
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

njsykora

Postby njsykora » 15 Aug 2011, 16:21

Ringo803 wrote:Hell man, I wish my groups even MET on a regular basis (we have yet to actually FINISH a campaign for that reason).

This. A thousand times this. Hell I wish my DM friend would stop fucking about with his custom campaign world he's been working on for 3 fucking years and run some basic campaigns to get new people into the game.
Undersol
First Video: The Trouble With Scribbles [maybe]

Postby Undersol » 15 Aug 2011, 23:33

Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhh............

I can't sleep because I forgot to takes my seroquil three hours ago...........

Also other things are bothering mwah, but those belong in Baffling Ideas because I actually want them answered and that's not the point of venting, yo!

PEACE!
"And it also helps with splash-back"
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 16 Aug 2011, 02:29

I'm stressed and angry but not FURIOUS enough for Street Fighter to calm me down. Or even sparring with my martial artist friends. Which I actually miss! I've been trying to live a peaceful life the past year but DAMN do I miss fighting them!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Aug 2011, 05:33

WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE THRICE-DAMNED FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

I have been informed today, the 16th of August, that I have been given access to the Resit Work part of the university intranet. I've also been told that the 19th is the final submission date for all resit coursework and that the 15th to the 19th is the exam period.

Firstly, that's 5 days to space 4 exams, identical to the first time around. I don't know how they expect me to do better there since my original problems were that I had mere hours to revise an entire module.

Secondly, I don't know when or where my resit exams are. There is a timetable out, but I can't use it, because there are special arrangements to be made due to my autism. I've been dutifully checking everywhere all month and have seen nothing to say what arrangements have been made and where/when.

Thirdly, there are three modules I have coursework for. In the Resit Work section, they each have their own folder. I'll start by stating that emails were passed around repeatedly before August arrived that all of my course tutors and module tutors would be out throughout August, so I can't contact them. Also bear in mind that these coursework items took months originally to do, not one week, nor 3 days.

All of those folders are empty, there's not the slightest piece of information in them that I can use, at all. The only one with even so much as LETTERS simply states to contact one of the course tutors, who is unavailable.

Now, I was allowed resits by the dean of the school of science and engineering because, according to him, my results were bad but not "unrecoverable".

WELL THEY'RE BLOODY UNRECOVERABLE NOW YOU IDIOTS!!
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 16 Aug 2011, 09:42

So I phone you. I tell you everything I know pertaining to how it went today. Then you proceed to ask me, SOMEHOW IN ORDER, about everything I just told you.
"So what did they say?"
"I told you already!"
"What are you planning to do now?"
"Told you MINUTES AGO!" Then I repeat the ENTIRE statement.
THEN MORE FUCKING QUESTIONS BASED ON THE FUCKING! CLEAR-CUT! PLAIN AS A MOTHERFUCKING COCK IN A CHURCH CHOIR! STATEMENT I JUST GAVE YOU! FOR AN HOUR! AND A MOTHER!FUCKING! HALF! A statement that I summed up in SIXTY SECONDS!

Then I get home. Get fed. Get showered. Then you come into my room. No "Knock knock!" just "WHAM!" "So what did they say to you?"
"I! ALREADY! TOLD! YOU!"

Longest 7 hours of my life.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.

Return to “General Discussion”