Norway Shooting

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Norway Shooting

Postby empath » 23 Jul 2011, 18:14

Thank you, Psyclone; the chain is longer. :)

And Brevik? I'm pretty confident he's guilty, at least as a co-conspirator in this. Apparently led a well-fed entitled life that in previous centuries have been landed gentry...and it appears he had the similar view of condescension and elitism toward 'the lesser classes'.

I sincerely hope he rolls over like a roped croc on any accomplices and then spends a LONG, miserable life in prison without even the remotest INKLING of parole or reprieve.

I'm kinda on the fence about the Death Penalty, but this is a situation where I'd argue against it, because DEATH IS TOO SHORT AND EASY A PUNISHMENT.

I want this guy to live with the consequences of his actions and suffer for DECADES.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 23 Jul 2011, 19:29

Deedles wrote:
Henrietta wrote:No, I'm fortunate enough to have never been raped, thank you, nor (to my knowledge) do I personally know anyone who has been. But I do know rape is a horrible personal violation that I don't think should be joked about or wished upon anyone, no matter what they may have done. This isn't the first time I've seen it happen here; I'm just not letting it pass without comment this time.

Want an answer? Here's my answer.

That psychotic, twisted, fucker shot and killed, what we know so far, to be 92 kids! And for what? Because he disagreed with their political view? Because he enjoys killing?

In my eyes he isn't human, and, in my eyes, he deserves pain. Disagree with it as much as you want, but you will not change my opinion. Rape isn't a word that I throw around easily, but considering what he did I'm saying it and I am 100% serious.

Henrietta, let me just say that here in the US, if you attacked and killed just one child, you're pretty much guaranteed to be either in solitary or dead within 48 hours of entering the jail. This guy killed 92 innocent children. I think he's not going to make it that far. Rape really is too good for him. At the same time, I think the death penalty is too good for him too, if he is convicted.

I like how Josh Lyman put it in West Wing: I think that every day, for the entire day, they should be forced to watch footage of every birthday, Christmas, soccer game and piano recital of each of their victims. Their cell should be covered in pictures of families and friends of their victims. Then every night before they go to bed, one person comes and punches them square in the mouth. And there would be a line out the door of every prison in America of volunteers willing to do the punching.
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 23 Jul 2011, 20:29

I have some friends in Oslo, and i've checked up on them. They're fine. Which is good.

I personally had the same sinking feeling a few years back when the London bus bombings occured, and frantically tried to find my online friends when it ws going down. Just that feeling of dread all of a sudden, then CNN pops up saying "shit is going down in Oslo" is not a good way to start the day.

Sympathies go out to Norway in the wake of all this.

Also, I hope the guy gets raped senseless in prison. Argue with me if you want. I stand by it.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 23 Jul 2011, 23:40

goat wrote:
madrak_the_red wrote:A new High Score. Goddammit, humanity.

FTFY

My favorite line was from the initial BBC Press Release where they listed the suspect as "a tall, blonde man".... in Norway. Oh shit, he's everywhere!

First of all your joke was incredibly tasteless to the point of offensiveness.

Second of all they were constantly reminding us that he was a white, blonde-haired man because everyone initially assumed it was an Islamist terrorist attack, so they repeated the only information they had to dispute the claim.

Anyway, hope the dude gets his full 21 years in prison and that he gets successfully rehabilitated with nothing traumatizing like shower rape happening to stagger his progression back into a normal member of society.

P.S. You guys who assume that Norwegian prison is anywhere near as shitty and barbaric as American prison are pretty laughably wrong. The attacker's going to be living in relative comfort for the next two decades.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 Jul 2011, 00:21

People like this should spend the rest of their natural lives in high security prison. For most crimes and for most criminals rehabilitation should be the goal but some times you just have to have lock them away and throw away the key.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
semysane
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby semysane » 24 Jul 2011, 00:32

Nevrmore wrote:
goat wrote:
madrak_the_red wrote:A new High Score. Goddammit, humanity.

FTFY

My favorite line was from the initial BBC Press Release where they listed the suspect as "a tall, blonde man".... in Norway. Oh shit, he's everywhere!

First of all your joke was incredibly tasteless to the point of offensiveness.

Yeah, Goat. Don't shoot your mouth off like that.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 24 Jul 2011, 01:51

...anyway.

There's an Eddie Izzardbit which fits here. He talks about how if someone kills one person, you know that they're a bad person, if they kill ten, they're horrible, but anything more than that and we can't cope. It borders on congratulations, "you killed how many people? Er, well done! And now we're going to lock you in a room and watch you through this small window for the rest of your life."

When something like this happens, I don't think people can process it rationally.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 24 Jul 2011, 02:00

Yeah, what do you do, really, when someone kills 100 people?
Keelah Se'lai
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 24 Jul 2011, 02:37

Just watched the memorial service and the remarkable speech by the PM.

I'm still struggling to comphrehend the scale of this. I have always expected something like this to happen in Germany but never back home.. it boggles my mind.

But we have the guy who did it, and he shall rot forever, joining the Quisling as one of the most despised men who ever tainted Norways coasts.

I know tragedies happen all the time around the world. But this is the firts time for me where it has hit a place I know, blew buildings apart where I walked past.. that just increases the hurt. I can't stop watching the news from home.

But thanks grace that everyone of my very large extended family is unharmed.

Bit babbling post, but it is just so hard to find words.

The perp is said to talk on a hearing on monday. That will be horrifyingly interesting.
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 24 Jul 2011, 02:43

I have a hard time believing it was a single guy who did all of it. An attack like this must have taken a long time in the making, and I can't really see a man going this nuts all on his own. There must have been more people involved. Maybe not directly in the attacks but certainly in making him this deranged.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lisra

Postby Lisra » 24 Jul 2011, 02:49

Last edited by Lisra on 24 Jul 2011, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a girl. (:
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 24 Jul 2011, 02:51

He'd been planning it for years, apparently, and he'd spent a lot of time on extremist message boards.

It really disgusts me as well that more attention's being given to Amy Winehouse than the 92 (at least) who've been killed in Norway.

If there's one good thing that can come out of this, it's that this guy says he's a Christian. Maybe it might go some way to stopping the demonisation of Muslims.
semysane
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby semysane » 24 Jul 2011, 02:56

Lisra wrote:https://plus.google.com/102724931335658 ... aThabf4tcP

Link broke. You need to put it in url tags or the board messes it up.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 24 Jul 2011, 03:34

Nevrmore wrote:SNIP

I live in Sweden, and I know what prisons over here are like, but it doesn't stop me from wishing all pain possible to go his way.

It's not a rational wish, if they try to rehabilitate him anyway, but I wish it anyway, because it's what I honestly believe he deserves.

Some things in this world are just unforgivable, and what he did is one if those things. I couldn't forgive him and hope for the best with his rehabilitation if I so tried, because, believe me, I've tried. Excuse me for being flawed that way, but in the end I'm human, and I'm angry.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Lisra

Postby Lisra » 24 Jul 2011, 03:58

semysane wrote:
Lisra wrote:https://plus.google.com/102724931335658 ... aThabf4tcP

Link broke. You need to put it in url tags or the board messes it up.

Is it fixed now? It worked for me..
I'm not a girl. (:
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 24 Jul 2011, 04:16

LogicSword wrote:He'd been planning it for years, apparently, and he'd spent a lot of time on extremist message boards.

It really disgusts me as well that more attention's being given to Amy Winehouse than the 92 (at least) who've been killed in Norway.

If there's one good thing that can come out of this, it's that this guy says he's a Christian. Maybe it might go some way to stopping the demonisation of Muslims.

and probably move it on to the Christians instead. As I am a Christian myself I find what he says to be deeply disturbing. Whatever this guy is, he isn't a Christian.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
goat

Postby goat » 24 Jul 2011, 06:08

@nevrmore that's what I was going for, glad to know I can still hit a public nerve when I try

@semysane I believe I'll shoot my mouth off however I like, thankyouverymuch

Part of the power of humor is to rob fear of its power over us.
----------------------------------------

@geoff B that doesn't necessarily exclude him from being a christian. He just clearly isn't very good at it, what with the senseless murder and all. This man is clearly at the extremes of being mentally unstable.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 24 Jul 2011, 06:11

remember the days when all we talked about was games, videos and fart-hug explosions? Things seem to be taking a bit of a darker turn at the moment

goat

Postby goat » 24 Jul 2011, 06:12

Double post!

It's open season on innocents worldwide, it seems:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/072311 ... oller-rink
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 24 Jul 2011, 06:26

Geoff_B wrote:remember the days when all we talked about was games, videos and fart-hug explosions? Things seem to be taking a bit of a darker turn at the moment

You haven't been here long, have you?
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 24 Jul 2011, 06:36

not really no. I was thinking of last week.

Valliac

Postby Valliac » 24 Jul 2011, 06:45

"Me and my wife are fighting again! Guess it's time to shoot people!"

Fucking tards.

EDIT: MY question is this. Where do you lose that disconnect from reality, that basic human compassion to go and SHOOT 92 PEOPLE?

thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 24 Jul 2011, 06:50

Minion, it's called psychosis and takes many forms. My mother suffers from it but not in the killing people" form. Nothing you can say or do will convince the person *THEY* are the problem, it's always the world that's wrong and they are right.
Last edited by thatlaurachick on 24 Jul 2011, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Valliac

Postby Valliac » 24 Jul 2011, 06:53

Well I hope he gets the psychosis beat out of him in prison.

[/statement]

razerdoh
First Video: 1337

Postby razerdoh » 24 Jul 2011, 07:15

Dear USA: Can we borrow some of your prisoners to keep Brevik "company" in jail?
-Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?
-Life is a zero sum game.
-Just think, right now as you read this, some guy somewhere is gettin’ ready to hang himself.

~George Carlin~

Return to “General Discussion”