A fond farewell to Jer.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Re: A fond farewell to Jer.

Postby Smeghead » 22 Aug 2011, 06:55

aeric90 wrote:Incidentally I think Matt moving to Toronto would be sorta cool. But that's just me.

Because you live there? Also does this mean that he actually is moving? I've asked but no one has answered me.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Aug 2011, 07:30

He isn't, if you highlight Vigafre's post back on page one you'll see that he was joking :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 22 Aug 2011, 07:40

Oh thank the everloving cupcakes for that. really wouldn't have made my day any better had we lost Matt as well
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 22 Aug 2011, 10:04

Good luck Jer! We're all very sad to see you and your talents leave the (permanent) LRR family. It's not easy makes changes and you've shown a lot of courage choosing to make such a large change. I'm glad you'll be around more than Tim. *glares at Tim*
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 22 Aug 2011, 17:27

just finished the podcast, i did not expect the news to be so dramatic when he said i'll talk about that later.

good luck to you as well.

pro tip make sure you can always pay your bills, i'm barely even a student this year thanks to harsh financials and it is the suck.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 22 Aug 2011, 20:39

Jer, while LRR is incredibly important, so is getting the education you want to have. The fact that you have decided to finish your degree makes me respect you all the more. My only requests are that A) you make us proud and get the best grades and do the best work you can, B) you pop in on the forums occasionally (either your profile or Tally's) and let us know how you are doing, and C) make sure either you or Tally make it PAX East (next year if possible) so we can meet one or both of you guys.
GaProgMan
First Video: 1337 - 64K

Postby GaProgMan » 23 Aug 2011, 00:32

Much like the others, we're not saying さよなら (sayonara) as that translates to "Goodbye"; we'll say じゃまたね (ja mata ne) which means "see ya later"

I would wish you luck with your studies, too. But we all know that hose who have the skills (or should that have been Teh Skillz?) don't need luck. We'll all miss your own brand of insanity (read: "silly comedy and lyrical stylings")

がんばってね (ganbatte ne) - which translates to "do your best" - and we'll see you again soon, maybe?
Avatar image is part of Vanilla Jester's Draw-A-Thing series on LRR forumers
Nojh
First Video: LLR: The Job

Postby Nojh » 24 Aug 2011, 07:36

I just finished watching this week's LRRCast.

I wanted to wish Jer luck on his going back to school. I grudgingly accept that is a good reason not to be hanging around as much anymore. Still I am hoping you have time to show up in a few videos or a random LRRCast every once and awhile. I'd like to see your take on the next block of Magic as it comes out.

Study hard! Or at least study.
VIIIOne85
First Video: can't remember, they're all awesome !

Postby VIIIOne85 » 24 Aug 2011, 10:41

It's sad to see you go Jer. You've been an integral part of LRR since I started watching, all those years ago. I wish you all the best. Come back soon:D I hope you plan an EPIC club for your leaving.

Also, on a side note, whilst listening to the podcast for sickness and the mention about the joke with you and James kissing, I hope this isn't the reason for you leaving.

Peace!
karaken12

Postby karaken12 » 24 Aug 2011, 11:52

Heard the news when I listened to the podcast last night, and wow. It feels kind of odd to feel sad about not seeing someone anymore when you've never actually met them. Anyway, one way or another you've got to do what's best for you, so: go! Do great things! And if you find time to turn up in a few LRR vids, we'll appreciate it all the more.

Good luck!
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 24 Aug 2011, 14:41

So we'll see you later then, you magnificent man?
Keelah Se'lai
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 24 Aug 2011, 15:11

It all becomes clear. He's not off to university, he's going to be the new CEO of Apple...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 25 Aug 2011, 03:41

Tally wrote: No one is moving anywhere geographically, so yes, what you say is accurate. And we'll still have the internet! It's not like we're going to Australia or anything (ooh, burn, sorry Australians, I truly feel for you even while cruelly exaggerating your plight), so of course you'll see us lurking online still.

OK I know it is a little late but... I'm from Australia. So ouch! Australia has the internet too you know. We mines it from the ground.

But yeah, sad to see you go Jer. Good luck.

Side Note - I hope that quote thing works... Still learning.
Edit - It did... yay
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”