Microsoft sued. Again. For $500 BILLION!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Microsoft sued. Again. For $500 BILLION!

Postby Darkobra » 22 Aug 2011, 18:27

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112511-Xbox-Owner-Sues-Microsoft-for-500-Billion-Yes-Billion

An Xbox 360 owner is using a contractual technicality in the Xbox Live terms and conditions to press a legal claim that Microsoft owes him $500 billion.

"I see a lot of friends and family who get pushed around and walked on, who have causes of action against them, but they choose not to pursue those causes of action. Lots of people are victims of torts... few of them actually sue over them, but that doesn't mean they can't," he told seattlepi.com. "I, on the other hand, will not let people push me around, just because I've already filed a bunch of claims, already."

So basically he's doing what the big companies do without the money or the power. Change the contract to his will and assume that no response means he wins. It's definitely a very interesting point he's making, even though the tree will bear no fruit.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
therockdemon
First Video: just drive

Re: Microsoft sued. Again. For $500 BILLION!

Postby therockdemon » 23 Aug 2011, 00:57

he won't get a penny from microsoft and he will probable get fined for wasting the coruts time, but i can't wait to see microsofts response
Last night I was in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 23 Aug 2011, 11:10

therockdemon wrote:he won't get a penny from microsoft and he will probable get fined for wasting the coruts time, but i can't wait to see microsofts response

+1

It's a nice idea, but it won't work.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 23 Aug 2011, 12:39

I'd like the guy to win something if he really is following their TOS, although maybe not 500 billion 0_o
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Aug 2011, 13:33

For a moment I thought the topic was "Minecraft sued. Again." and actually cared.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Aug 2011, 14:05

This is just like that hostage-taking kook over at Discovery Communications - an admirable sentiment that many would agree with, but it just gets taken too far and too extremely.

Having been a phone monkey that had to remind end-users of the shackles they willingly slipped into with those Terms and Conditions they signed to get the cool phone, I applaud his idea.

A) I'm not sure if the existing ToS gives him the right to amend same (you can be sure that it explicitly details how M$ can do so)

2) I don't think a court would determine that the timeframes he gave M$ were fair and sufficient.

Nonetheless, you go, Don Quixote!

(I can't wait to see him get sideswiped by that windmill...)

Return to “General Discussion”