Do you like sketch comedy? I presume so...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Keab42

Re: Do you like sketch comedy? I presume so...

Postby Keab42 » 24 Nov 2011, 16:00

So I'm going to bump this in case you missed the shoutout for them on Desert Bus.

I also want to take a moment to explain exactly why I think WHY are awesome. It is my deepest regret that I was unable to find the time/courage to explain this to the WHY crew in person when I met them at LRRndon.

So I've mentioned before about my depression, before I got diagnosed I was using the LRR videos as a weekly pick-me up. But when things finally got bad enough that I dragged myself to a doctor, even LRR wasn't cheering me up. In the couple of weeks between my first doctor's appointment and them finally deciding I needed anti-depressants, I was sinking further and further into gloom. I was having some really bad days (not kill yourself bad, I know that my depression is orders of magnitude more insignificant than most), I was starting to feel like I wouldn't ever laugh again. When out of the blue Lyinginbedmon linked to a WHY video on twitter, out of curiosity I watched it and found myself laughing so hard that it really buoyed my feelings, and I repeatedly watched their small back catalogue over the couple of weeks before the pills kicked in.

So this is why I've been sharing their videos over my social media networks, and this is why I paid for a DesertBus shoutout, because they made me laugh on my darkest days, and for that I cannot thank them enough.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 25 Nov 2011, 10:55

Daaaamn. I always wondered why you liked us... :D

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I'm so pleased - and quite frankly gobsmacked - that something I did had such a positive influence on someone's life. Thanks for the shoutout, too, and for all your support.

Out of curiosity, which video was it you saw first?

(Disclaimer: If you're reading Keab's post and haven't seen our videos before, don't expect them to actually be the very best thing ever. We've only been doing this for just over a year.)
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 25 Nov 2011, 12:50

Keab, you are my new second favourite person ever (sorry Theremin, you're pushed down to third (that was a joke, my old second favourite person ever was Paul's Beard)).

While I am probably the least significant member of WHY, I want to thank you as well for being so damn supportive of the whole thing, and I'm very glad that it's helped you out, made you laugh and cheered you up. :D
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 25 Nov 2011, 13:24

Crying, Keab.

That's so sweet of you that I barely even feel bad about now being Elvor's 4th favourite person.

Return to “General Discussion”