X-Men 3 [Spoiler line!]

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Fatsobob

Postby Fatsobob » 31 May 2006, 02:23

This is true. I completely forgot about those, THANKS for bringing up the painful memories.
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 31 May 2006, 02:31

Don't forget teh suckyness of the hulk. Daredevil a close second
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Conor

Postby Conor » 31 May 2006, 10:02

my friend who is taller then bill was an extra in the movie.... i didnt see him in it but i do not wanna see that sh*tty movie again.... unless im drunk, high and railing coke off a Stripper's ass while many other strippers dance in front of the screen.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 31 May 2006, 13:47

Hulk was SOOO bad. Didn't see Elektra or The Punisher, but I don't remember Daredevil being as bad as The Hulk..*cries and hides from that movie*
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 31 May 2006, 14:40

The director's cut of Daredevil on DVD is actually pretty good. For one thing, the useless sex scene is gone, and the entire subplot (with his secret identity) is put back in.

Punisher was everything I expected from a Punisher movie. Lots of guns.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 31 May 2006, 16:47

Graham wrote:Punisher was everything I expected from a Punisher movie. Lots of guns.

so its just like the comic?
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 31 May 2006, 18:21

Exactly!
It is also very dark. Not visually, just there's a lot of masochistic violence.
The Pace

Postby The Pace » 31 May 2006, 18:40

afuifuiiasdfiiasifasduuifuopa!!

...Seriously, This is one of those movies; Love it or hate It.
Personally, I Love It. A Lot. Frequently. But then again, I've been reading the comics for quite A few years And I think it could have done without The whole "Highschool relationship problems" Thing it had going.

But, I still don't quite understand Why people are ragging on it so bad? It was a good all round film with some good production values alike.

The only thing I was concerned with was some of the relationships that the Charactors had and didn't have:

Mystique Being a bad guy? She was good for sometime, She was also head of the brotherhood. Also, Her and Eric Barely knew each other in the comics.

But setting aside my fanatical fan stuff. It's still a good film. Reguardless Of What Paul And Everyone else says...
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 31 May 2006, 19:05

Graham wrote:Exactly!
It is also very dark. Not visually, just there's a lot of masochistic violence.

nice, i must see this movie, i like senseless killing! and blood, and cookies...

Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 31 May 2006, 20:55

X-3 wasn't the devil.

It wasn't amazing, and it was tremendously rushed, but it wasn't the devil.

I mean, you still had the badassity of the universe (EG all the mutants fighting with their powers)... so we got to deal with that... and you got a couple "Oh. Didn't see that one coming" moments (well, for those of us unfamiliar with the comics).

And to everyone who whines about comics not following the plots to the letter: Have you ever read any really old X-Men comics? I've got one kicking around somewhere where they're in space. On a mars-like planet. Fighting aliens. Without spacesuits. Hell, even the use of sentinels is a huge stretch that's enough to completely ruin the realism of the series; one of the draws of X-Men and Spider Man and the likes is the fact that it's set in the present/immediate future.

Which is why, no matter how much the comic folk howl and spit, Lobo will never be made into a successful movie. If Hollywood does buy it, we're going to end up with a Wing Commander, not a Spider Man.

Yeah, that's right. I went there.

Outside the universe, though, X-Men 3 was a horrible failure. For example, there's a scene where it actually goes from day to night in the space of a single, non-timelapsed cut. Why? 'Cause fighting at night is all dramatic an' stuff. No other reason given. (I mean, really, would it be that hard to say that a mutant is blocking the sun to get your 'badass night fight'?)

Makes me wonder if they were doing the Blade 3 thing... showcasing their primary/villain spin-off material as badasses and ignoring pretty much every other factor that's supposed to make a movie.
"Yeah, I had it pretty hard growing up. I guess that's why I turned to accounting." - SB&M
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 31 May 2006, 21:19

i agree johnny, and pace, they are allowed to make diffrent story lines... not just stick to the old ones... so stop complaining! :P

Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 31 May 2006, 22:39

I still think they should have made the movies based around the Ultimates series'. It's pretty much their "let's start this over again and not fuck up this time" comic.
Unimatsuriku

Postby Unimatsuriku » 01 Jun 2006, 05:31

For example, there's a scene where it actually goes from day to night in the space of a single, non-timelapsed cut.

Damn I only just remembered that... why did that happen? I'm all confused and edgey now... it was right before the final fight right?
Jesus Saves, Cthulhu Eats, choose wisely - Bunny
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 01 Jun 2006, 14:31

Unimatsuriku wrote:
For example, there's a scene where it actually goes from day to night in the space of a single, non-timelapsed cut.

Damn I only just remembered that... why did that happen? I'm all confused and edgey now... it was right before the final fight right?

It actually wasn't THAT noticeable, like, if you just ignored it it didn't disrupt the movie. But yeah, honestly, me and my friend noticed it and were like "What the fuck? Why did it just get dark? All he did was move the god damn bridge...". That was just...messed up.
Like Johnny said, they should have just made some Mutant make it dark. (Storm could easily have, but she would have had to have a motive to do so.) Oh well.
The Pace

Postby The Pace » 01 Jun 2006, 16:08

A certain amount of concentration is needed for Storm to use her powers.. I Doubt it was her..

Yeah.. X-Men Are badass. Who Cares If it went from night to day? Sir Ian Freakin MacKellen Was throwing cars at people.. IAN. MACKELLEN. THROWING CARS.
vincentw00t

Postby vincentw00t » 03 Jun 2006, 16:48

What I liked a lot about this film is that 90% of the mutants', and I'm talking pretty much just about Magneto's grunts, abilities seemed to be that they could jump slightly higher and further than your run-of-the-mill homosapian, as well as the ability to get seriously owned in a matter of seconds.
Becuse I've got a long, thin block which very soon is going to dock beside a massive tetris rock and make it disappear
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 04 Jun 2006, 17:35

vincentw00t wrote:What I liked a lot about this film is that 90% of the mutants', and I'm talking pretty much just about Magneto's grunts, abilities seemed to be that they could jump slightly higher and further than your run-of-the-mill homosapian, as well as the ability to get seriously owned in a matter of seconds.

Agreed, most of them could just jump really high or run really fast lol.
Last edited by JesterJ. on 05 Jun 2006, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 05 Jun 2006, 16:34

UGH. I hatehatehatehateHATED X3. I'm a huge comic book fan (as well as a huge fan of the last two movies), and it felt like such an incredible waste to have this one so horrible.

All the subtlety and social implications of the previous films (under Bryan Singer's direction) was replaced with senseless gore and explosions. I mean, I really enjoy a good action sequence -- but only when the characters and plot are being properly developed. None of the fight sequences in X3 made you feel like they were really fighting for anything; they rushed through the explanation too quickly and poorly to make you feel like they were doing anything worthwhile. If they had taken the time to bloody develop the plot, it could have been SO much better. Like... in The Two Towers, when they spend ages building up the Helm's Deep battle until you really understand what they're fighting for and feel like it's going to be a hopeless massacre. X_X

The X-Men, essentially, represent every minority in the world -- black people, jews, gays -- anyone who's ever been hated just for being what they are, for being soemthing they can't change. And that's why that franchise has been so successful: because people can feel like they can relate to them. Bryan Singer understood that (remember the scene in X2 with Bobby Drake "coming out" to his parents and the lack of understanding he was met with?) With Brett Rattner, we got... lots of explosions, pointless non-canon deaths, and 2 movies' worth of plotlines scrambled together hopelessly. Joy.

... erm. *looks back at post* I guess I REALLY don't like this movie, do I? >_<;;;;
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 05 Jun 2006, 17:08

Except that black people don't shoot laser beams out of their eyes.
Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 05 Jun 2006, 20:08

Maybe not the ones you piss off.
Paul wrote:Being creative and entertaining is easy. The hard part is actually getting off your ass and doing something with your creative and entertaining ideas.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 22 Jun 2006, 00:29

so talking to a person I know that worked on the film, she was pissed, they changed the entire end of the rouge storyline. this was all filmed as well. Rouge shows up at the prison, and starts running past all the mutants touching them all, then gets to juggernaught and grabs him, she gets thrown through a wall, as she walks out she smashes the wall more, then they have a fight scene, she ends up tossing him out side through a wall. no shit, it happened. and it was changed
Salem

Postby Salem » 03 Jul 2006, 14:18

Paul wrote:If you haven’t seen the movie, basically the equivalent is if, in Spiderman 2, Sam Ramie killed off Mary Jane, Harry Osbourn, Eddie Brock, Doc Conner, King Pin and Gwen Steacy.

BAD MOVIE.

-P

Kill off Gwen Stacy? Scandal! ;)
I do not have the gay jungle fever!

- Musical Dan, M.D.

Return to “General Discussion”