Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Postby Digital Dolphin » 19 Oct 2011, 15:15

Anyone else here excited for the new Android OS?

I don't think my phone supports NFC, so I won't be able to use Android Beam, but I think the face unlocking thing is kinda cool!

I'm really excited to play with the new camera functions they've enhanced, including the zero shutter lag, and built in panorama mode.

I'd probably be more excited for the screen shot news if I had actually noticed the feature had been lacking previously :P
(that being said, it's EXTREMELY lame that it wasn't included before)

I also can't wait to try out the new UI!! :D
#TeamKroze
gcninja

Re: Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Postby gcninja » 19 Oct 2011, 15:19

I'm upset mine doesn't support nfc but I can make do. I do like the panorama and extended exposure it supports. but I'm hoping its better than the most recent update. My phone has been all kinds of fucked up since
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 19 Oct 2011, 15:27

I'm looking at making my first step soon into Android with a tablet, but waiting for Asus to announce there new one first.
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
ElementalAlchemist
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ElementalAlchemist » 19 Oct 2011, 15:39

I got a phone at some point not exceedingly long ago, so chances of me getting this one are pretty slim, quite unfortunately. At least until Cyanogenmod releases on it. Looks really neat, though; I'd love to have it now.
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 19 Oct 2011, 15:50

I've got an HTC EVO 3D, so I'm pretty sure mine will support ICS. The phone was only released a month or two ago.

I just heard about the new Asus Transformer 2 today, and I'm PSYCHED for it! It'll probably be my first personal tablet. I'm hoping a formal announcement will be met with Transformer 1 price drops soon too.

One of my friends might be getting the Nexus Prime... if so, I will be incredibly jealous.
#TeamKroze
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Oct 2011, 16:19

Digital Dolphin wrote:and built in panorama mode.

My tablet already has a built-in panorama mode, has since I got it. Odd.

I was thinking of getting an ASUS transformer after christmas as a laptop replacement (since I have a desktop for gaming, I only need something for internet use, but a bit more comfortable to use than my Tab, so it's a Transformer or Netbook), but depending on the price and release data of the Transformer 2, I may go for that. Of course, if the price on the current model drops enough, I may get that just to save money.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 20 Oct 2011, 16:33

Digital Dolphin wrote:I've got an HTC EVO 3D, so I'm pretty sure mine will support ICS. The phone was only released a month or two ago.

I just heard about the new Asus Transformer 2 today, and I'm PSYCHED for it! It'll probably be my first personal tablet. I'm hoping a formal announcement will be met with Transformer 1 price drops soon too.

One of my friends might be getting the Nexus Prime... if so, I will be incredibly jealous.

from what i've heard from Asus, they don't plan on dropping the TF1. But the TF2 is only priced at about 50 more than the 32gb TF1 (TF2 is supposed to start at 32gb)
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby rustak » 20 Oct 2011, 17:15

Digital Dolphin wrote:Anyone else here excited for the new Android OS?

I don't think my phone supports NFC, so I won't be able to use Android Beam, but I think the face unlocking thing is kinda cool!

I'm really excited to play with the new camera functions they've enhanced, including the zero shutter lag, and built in panorama mode.

There's a good chance that the low shutter lag is hardware dependent :( Though it'll probably get faster on all hardware that gets ICS, so that'll be a good thing. I like the camera from unlock screen, though; I heard someone mention that there's an existing app that does this?

I also can't wait to try out the new UI!! :D

Yeah, I'm really most excited about the UI changes, though I really didn't like the way the soft buttons looked on the nexus prime. They look sort of ok on a tablet, because that bar ends up being used for notifications, status icons, etc., but just having a chunk of your display taken up for the 3 buttons.. ugh. We'll see, hopefully it doesn't prevent apps from getting to real fullscreen like Honeycomb does, but I fear that it will. (1280x720 on the Nexus Prime is hot!)

Return to “General Discussion”