Fitocracy: LoadingReadyRunners

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Re: Fitocracy: LoadingReadyRunners

Postby Avistew » 12 Feb 2012, 15:41

Allen! wrote:Ahh, one of those "Need an invite" things. Well then. I'll just go be sad over here, then.

Someone posted a link in like the first page. Just click on it, that's what everyone else did.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 12 Feb 2012, 15:58

I had a lot more trouble with 90 degree knee squats than ATG squats, mostly because I was overthinking where I needed to be, and wasn't paying attention to how other parts of my form were doing. When I started doing ATG squats, it got a lot better.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 12 Feb 2012, 17:09

I'm going to be away for a few days next week, but I plan to continue with my exercises while I'm gone, so I'll keep track and log them when I get back.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 13 Feb 2012, 06:56

Changed a few things up in my workout today that made a big difference. While I'm still sitting at 233lbs I'm sure I've transfered a lot of fat to muscle. My favorite jeans now slip off my waist without a belt. Now if only my love handles would let go I'd be happy. Stupid muffin-top.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 13 Feb 2012, 18:44

So, on Saturday I had beer and pizza. Sunday, I had pizza. I woke up Monday and weighed in at 261.9. I had a good work out today and weighed myself afterwards. I was at 254. Let's hope I can keep it down somewhere near there. Woohoo for water weigh.

In other news, I'm sick and fucking tired of breaking my diet. I'm done with it, no more of this pizza bull.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 13 Feb 2012, 19:25

Skamakazi - when I absolutely feel like I want pizza or I will set fire to a village, I make faux pizza. It's not as greasy-satisfying as pizza but it does the trick.

I take whole wheat pita, put a tbsp or 2 of marinara on it, slice up some cooked 98% fat free turkey keilbassa on it, halved grape tomatoes and cooked spinach and then sprinkle 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheese (made with skim milk) on top. There are other recipies I like, such as bbq chicken pizza. Bake for a bit in the oven and voila! delicious and nutritious!

Other people have used the Flat outs! Flatbread, whole wheat wraps etc. It's all about your preference and dietary needs. Not sure where abouts you live, but Kashi makes some great healthy pizza. Unfortunatly I only saw it once and now that place has stopped carrying it :( Wegmans in the frozen organic section there is individual Naan Bread pizza that has pretty good stats.

don't be too hard on yourself - it's a new week. Next time you want something unhealthy search for alternatives!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 13 Feb 2012, 19:28

TheRocket wrote:Skamakazi - when I absolutely feel like I want pizza or I will set fire to a village,
don't be too hard on yourself - it's a new week. Next time you want something unhealthy search for alternatives!

First off, I laughed for a solid few seconds at the set fire to a village line. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll be looking into an alternative like that because it sounds delicious.

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby rustak » 13 Feb 2012, 19:31

Whoops, forgot about the challenge... would've done a bit different workout today. Ah well :) I need to plan my strength workouts better, to see some more consistent progress on weights used. I'm fluctuating up and down too much, especially based on the order I do things in (normal); it's just annoying that most of the dumbbells I can only change weights in pretty drastic increments (25% more 20->25, or 50% 10->15, etc.).
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 13 Feb 2012, 19:35

rustak wrote:Whoops, forgot about the challenge... would've done a bit different workout today. Ah well :) I need to plan my strength workouts better, to see some more consistent progress on weights used. I'm fluctuating up and down too much, especially based on the order I do things in (normal); it's just annoying that most of the dumbbells I can only change weights in pretty drastic increments (25% more 20->25, or 50% 10->15, etc.).

That's odd. At my gym the dumbbells go up 2.5 pounds from 1-25 and then start on the 5 pound increments.

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Feb 2012, 19:54

My gym is driving me crazy with the lack of free weight benches. Always busy.
rustak

Postby rustak » 13 Feb 2012, 19:59

Skamakazi wrote:That's odd. At my gym the dumbbells go up 2.5 pounds from 1-25 and then start on the 5 pound increments.

Yeah, there's two free weight areas in my gym -- one larger one that has newer weights in 2.5lb increments, which is almost always full when I go; and a smaller one that usually has free benches but mostly 5lb increments in older dumbbells. It's a little annoying.
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 13 Feb 2012, 20:29

Out of curiosity what time does everybody hit the gym at?

Personally, I hit it around 2-4 most days to beat the shift worker rush.

rustak

Postby rustak » 13 Feb 2012, 20:35

Around 7pm for me.. 6pm is death, way too crowded. I -should- be going in the morning, because a workout from 7:30-8:30 would be perfect... but I like sleep too much :( Kills my evenings though.
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 13 Feb 2012, 20:54

In regards to sleep, I know that feel bro.

Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Feb 2012, 21:32

About 5-5:30.
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 14 Feb 2012, 04:09

so, by logging my morning and afternoon skiing sessions separately instead of as a single continuous block of time (excluding lunch break), I get double the points. That my friends is a broken system.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 14 Feb 2012, 06:10

I go in the morning right after getting up so I'm there some time between 6:30 and 7:00 AM until 8:15.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 14 Feb 2012, 07:27

Ah, that's why you guys get the shaft, you go when everyone else has free time. I take it you do that because you have real jobs though so there's no other option.

I'm a full time student with a part time job so I have a fair bit of free time in a day so I get to choose the hours when I go. I will pour out a water bottle for my Bench-less homeboys next time I go.

Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Feb 2012, 07:32

I think if I tried hard enough I could hit it in the morning... but yeah, I have this thing called a job...
rustak

Postby rustak » 14 Feb 2012, 11:20

Yeah, I end up working form home usually 1 day per week.. then I'll go at around 2pm, and it's fabulously empty.
Nyannet
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Nyannet » 14 Feb 2012, 13:54

I work out at home. I have a thing with people.. and seeing me sweat.. unless I am in a martial arts class I just can't work out in front of other people. This is one of the reasons I can never work running into my regime.

So I buy equipment I need. Various dumbells, Kettlebells, Olympic Barbell and bumper plates, I also have resistance bands... but no good anchors in my apartment :/ if I had a garage with some strong cross beams with the resistance bands (up to 300lbs resistance) I would have a full gym save a treadmill.

I wish I could work out in front of others.. I do. But somethings are just asking to much.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 14 Feb 2012, 14:54

I work out at home for the most part, too. The only time I go out to exercise is pole dancing class, which is obviously a different thing, or if I have some down-time at work and decide to do some working out there.

This means that sometimes I look pretty silly, doing pull-ups on monkey bars instead of at an actual gym, but...
rustak

Postby rustak » 14 Feb 2012, 20:24

What is this, I don't even... what the hell, Fitocracy?
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 14 Feb 2012, 22:13

I haven't logged it yet, but I ran 16k tonight at a pace only 11sec/km slower than my goal race pace for the marathon. I might actually hit my dream time.

Also, I can finally see muscle definition in my thighs!

-m

I am not angry at you.
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 14 Feb 2012, 22:53

I strive to see thigh muscle! Gah, so jelly.

Return to “General Discussion”