Fitocracy: LoadingReadyRunners

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
gcninja

Re: Fitocracy: LoadingReadyRunners

Postby gcninja » 07 Jul 2014, 15:11

Awesome sauce to all of you. I've actually not been able to work out sans the walking to and from work due to a big caloric tank and don't wanna exacerbate with with exercise see here: Image
Yes this is real and everything consumed liquid or solid.
man...I can't wait til pay day. Honestly with this and all there has been a drop in weight, what I assume to be water weight and a few real lbs. My plan is to work back slowly to about 13-1500 cals and keep it there. I don't want to splurge and shoot back up to my old weight (215-220). I want to see if I can keep it down while being wholly nutritious.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 07 Jul 2014, 19:00

Dude, that caloric intake is not healthy, nor sustainable.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 07 Jul 2014, 20:14

I've had problems with undereating when tracking calories. It's bad. Real bad. Even if you're having money issues (that seems to be what you're saying) try cheap meals like rice and beans. I managed to live on 50 euros a month for a couple years so I know it's doable, not easy sure, but you should put your health first. It's important.

Right now you're likely to lose muscle if you keep at it, which isn't good, so it's not a "good" weight loss anyways.

Try to make sure you get a bunch of protein at least. And if you really can't afford to eat more, find someone who can help you with that. Not a single one of these daily intakes were healthy, it would be one thing if it happened once in a while, but for a whole week? :S

I hope your situation improves fast so you can eat enough. Best of lucks!

Oh, but don't eat crappy food just to fill the calories, obviously.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 08 Jul 2014, 02:09

Yeah I know, it's been subway, (like today I had a spicy, yesterday a chicken sandwich LOADED with veggies because fuck them I make it how I want, etc). Protein I'm not too worried because I've been eating oatmeal (just ran out need to get more) with protein powder in it see:
I'll live til pay day. It's all good. Then it's off to Sprout for veggies, pork, and oatmeal! My work has only been giving me 3 days a week but this upcoming check in includes 7 or 8 total days, one of which a holiday so YAY money.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 08 Jul 2014, 08:36

I forget, do you not have cooking facilities? You can do better with limited money than Subway.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 08 Jul 2014, 09:54

I do have a kitchen since I moved into an apartment. However my other roommate moved out take 80% of kitchen stuff with him, I don't even have a knife. I'm going to be getting a small dish set, a cutting board then shopping this week. I also say subway because I work there and 50% off one sub a day so I figure a chicken sandwich for 2 bucks or the like for dinner/walk home isn't bad. I plan on cooking come pay day. Oatmeal before work out, veggies after, snack on the way to work, dinner, snack after, etc. Days off cook soups, REAL meals with meats and veggies, and the like. I was talking over with somebody else about doing a bunch of tupperware but with the amount of time I have now I can just cook it fresh instead and save dishes. I'm going to try and buy in portions rather than bulk since there's a food market across the street that's rather cheap (1 dollar strawberries ftw)

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 08 Jul 2014, 13:17

Sounds better. Although if it were me I would get my proteins after my workout, not before.

It will definitely be better once you have a few kitchen utensils. You can definitely eat for less than 2 a meal (even less than 2 a day) if you cook it all.

Good luck!
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 18 Jul 2014, 04:52

Body fat percentage at 23.7%. Means I'm no longer obese.

Wootwootwootwoot!

Now to get from overfat to healthy.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 18 Jul 2014, 16:56

Ding 32.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 15 Aug 2014, 17:18

RAWWWWWR

Is the paid membership worth it if you use it daily? Anybody here use it or know if there's somekind of free trial?

E:DING 7

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Aug 2014, 08:23

It's online coaching as far as I understand it. Your money is probably better spent on better food, better shoes, or a better pillow for better sleep in terms of fitness results.
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 12 Oct 2014, 09:48

Ding 33.

I finished Victoria Half Marathon in 2:10:31. This is the second half marathon I have run and a new personal best for me. I only improved on my time last year by 29 seconds though.

I did not do anywhere enough training in the last couple months so I was quite happy with my performance. Not knowing how much gas I would have in the tank I took the race a bit on the slow side for the first two thirds then picked up the pace, especially in the last four kilometres.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Oct 2014, 07:36

Nice work!

My lifts suffered from my trip (and losing ten pounds concurrently) and I'm hoping to switch to less pure strength, more HIIT, flexibility, and balance work.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 29 Apr 2015, 22:12

So I've been working on my arms because they're the least strong part of me and I want to fix that. I've been alternating bicep curls and push-ups (knee push-ups for now because I don't have enough strength for good form on full ones yet). Now that I'm over the initial hard part of getting back into exercising, I think I'm going to start doing more; crunches along with bicep curls, and something else along with push-ups. Obviously I don't want to skip leg day, but squats are REALLY hard on my knees. Any suggestions?
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Apr 2015, 01:45

You lean your back against a wall then you slowly lower yourself into a sitting position (knees at ninety degrees) and try and hold it fr 30 seconds. First time I could only do it for five.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 30 Apr 2015, 06:36

That's still not gonna be great for my knees.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Apr 2015, 06:45

It is more for the thighs. The only other thing would be jogging, cycling and leg lifts.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 30 Apr 2015, 06:53

I would do cycling but I don't have a bike and I'm trying to do these things at home.

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Apr 2015, 13:51

Exercise bike would be out of the question.
There is the old lying on back, and cycling your legs in the air.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 30 Apr 2015, 13:54

If you squat properly it actually doesn't strain the knees. It's a hip/butt/back "posterior chain" driven motion.

You can't really strengthen your legs without bending your knees.
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Jun 2015, 19:06

Ding 34.

I started lifting weights today. My brother - who is visiting for a couple weeks - was able to show me what to do. Today was 5 x 5 squats, bench press and barbell row.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 29 Jun 2015, 20:21

I've been getting pretty good arms. I'm very proud of them. Maybe pics soon.

Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 01 Jul 2015, 22:56

Welp - squats, overhead press and deadlifts today.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Jul 2015, 11:44

I've switched to a short cycle of targeted lifts. Because I got bored of the program I was on, and I wasn't seeing the kind of upper body progress I was wanting to see. (I also ramped my running up to ~50km/week so I decided to lay off my legs.)

Alternating chest day and arms & shoulders.

I've basically structured my workouts around shredding specific muscle groups to total exhaustion.

Chest day is
3x8 flat bench dumbbell flyers
3x8 incline dumbbell press
3x8 high cable fly
3x8 low cable fly
5x5 bench press (to failure)
3x12 ab pulldowns

Arm&shoulder day is
3x8 rear delt row
3x8 (assisted) chin up
3x8 (assisted) triceps dip
3x8 seated lateral raise
5x5 overhead press (to failure)
3x plank (as long as I can hold)

All in all it seems to be going pretty well, though I still haven't gotten my weight levels calibrated, yet. Still failing that in.

I was inspired to try the exhaustion first, major lift last sequencing because I realized that I was failing on the bench press when my triceps wore out, not my pecs. So the hope there is that by trashing the hell out of my pecs before hitting the bench, ill be pushing my chest to failure instead of my arms.

We'll give it a few more weeks and see how it goes, I guess.

Also: cutting is hard, but I was amazed how much easier it got when I committed to making my own food 90% of the time. Portion control and just knowing what's in your food is like 3/4 of that fight.

-m

Ps: still alive, not dead, hello!

I am not angry at you.

Return to “General Discussion”