British/UK based LRR fans Unite!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Neko Pounce
First Video: It's very simple

British/UK based LRR fans Unite!

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 15:04

Calling all fans of LRR located in the UK to come post here, I have some things I want to discus with you all. If you would be so kind. <3
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Re: British/UK based LRR fans Unite!

Postby EnglishMQ » 17 Jan 2012, 15:07

Plymouth Division reporting for duty, what's the problem?
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 15:08

Cool. So we have one! I'm looking to find about 5 or 6 people before I post the idea I once had, because it's kinda a bit of a big idea, and it's likely to fail. But nothings worse then not trying, right?
Lemegeton
First Video: one of the checpoints on penny arcade

Postby Lemegeton » 17 Jan 2012, 15:14

im all ears. based in maidenhead, berkshire
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 15:16

This is about Loading Ready Run of course, but it's kind of a big project that would take some effort. So I'm just not to sure about it...

If we can get one more person, I'll post it and see what you guys think.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 17 Jan 2012, 15:16

Sup
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
House MD
First Video: Cronologically in LRR's timeline or mine
Location: Chester, it's like where I used to live, but more northern.

Postby House MD » 17 Jan 2012, 15:16

Wing Commander House MD reporting in from Norwich, Norfolk
I am the physical manifestation of the Phailhaus. SO much so, my friends call me it.
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 15:27

I guess that's enough people just for the idea.

This may sound like madness, but I've spoken to the someone and I mean, if it was to work, they don't have a issue with the idea.

Well, actually it is madness. I just think it's important we get our share of LRR.

So, The idea was to get a fund.
A fund to get loading ready run, or at least a few of them, over here for a little while. Perhaps during a London based convention or something similar.

This wouldn't work for a long time, I'm aware. However, If there is enough of us I see no reason plans can not be made with the crew to get them over here and go for a real gathering.

It's just a idea, like I said, nothing solid in the slightest. I'm willing to put a lot of effort into it. I don't know about you guys.

Let me know!

Sorry if this all sounds silly, I just wanted the idea out there. It could take a few years, but at least we all get to gather with loading ready run for a while if we do get that far!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 17 Jan 2012, 15:45

It's a nice idea but the problem is cost. I'm going back to Canada in September and flights are already £730/CAD$1150+.
If you can give more details on what your actual plan is and how it will work that would be best but I doubt it will happen.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 15:47

Of course it's pretty insane. But I figure we are all like a community, and we could all pitch a few idea in till we come up with something that could really work. I'm not thinking I could ever plan this myself, I'm just a lover of loading ready runs work, not a magic man.

Please don't think of me as over ambitions or stupid, I'm just not one to sit around planning alone. You guys would likely have far better idea's then me.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 17 Jan 2012, 15:47

Reporting in from Sheffield.

Or Leeds, if it's holiday time.

Just put me down for "The North"
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 17 Jan 2012, 15:50

Reporting from Oxford/Worcester/Birmingham depending on when you're asking
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
WBAGNR

Postby WBAGNR » 17 Jan 2012, 15:53

I mean, yes, nice in theory, but Graham and Kathleen came over this summer, and we had a meet-up then, so I'm not sure about it to be honest...

Birmingham/ Nottingham for those interested
iamafish wrote:copping a feel is just the gentlemanly thing to do

My travel blog
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 15:59

I'm not thinking of this being possible till at least 2013, a year from now, because it's a lot of money.

And I'm aware they visited, but if there was no money infringement on them, I don't see why they couldn't come down.
I've been contacting Graham on Twitter (DON'T KILL ME GRAHAM, I'M SORRY FOR SAYING ANYTHING!)and while he tells me " It's an interesting idea, but our fans shouldn't have to pay for that. I don't know, maybe? It's something to think about."

I don't think he has a problem with the idea itself. He said I could ask around here, he also told me not to tell people he had said anything, but I'm only using direct quotes to stop me looking like a a-hole. :)
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 17 Jan 2012, 16:01

I would love to help with this, but I cannot spare any money. Sorry.
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 16:04

The Jester wrote:I would love to help with this, but I cannot spare any money. Sorry.

It's not important right now. Money isn't the biggest issue here. The first thing I'm doing is just trying to find out how many UK LRR fans would be interested in such a project.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 17 Jan 2012, 16:05

North-east here, anyone need some trains?
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Lemegeton
First Video: one of the checpoints on penny arcade

Postby Lemegeton » 17 Jan 2012, 16:10

i had a suspicion this was your idea dude. but we would need a serious amount of supporters to make it happen. it might be an option to maybe consider contacting the organizers of one of the big UK cons to see if they would be willing to help fund this and give the crew a panel or table at the con. I am going to a few this year but the one with the most cash behind it seems to be the London Film and Comic con.

just another idea.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 17 Jan 2012, 16:11

Neko Pounce wrote:
The Jester wrote:I would love to help with this, but I cannot spare any money. Sorry.

It's not important right now. Money isn't the biggest issue here. The first thing I'm doing is just trying to find out how many UK LRR fans would be interested in such a project.

A'ight, cool man. If you need support or .. I dunno, graphic design work done for this, I'm happy to help. I just can't spare any actual cashmoney, I'm afraid.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 17 Jan 2012, 16:13

Lyinginbedmon wrote:North-east here, anyone need some trains?

Send one up here, Big Yin! Ah'm rat-arse broke!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 16:14

Lemegeton wrote:i had a suspicion this was your idea dude. but we would need a serious amount of supporters to make it happen. it might be an option to maybe consider contacting the organizers of one of the big UK cons to see if they would be willing to help fund this and give the crew a panel or table at the con. I am going to a few this year but the one with the most cash behind it seems to be the London Film and Comic con.

just another idea.

Actually, me and you thinking a lot alike here. London Comic con was my first idea when it came to this. I don't see why loading ready run couldn't get a panel there. However, there's still the travel of course and a lot of other problems.

I guess I can write out a email to send to the Comic con organisers to see if they would be willing to take another panel at one of next years events?

( I will mention this, my emails are far better layed out and far better worded then my Forum posts. My Forum posts are pretty bad, as you may have noticed :) )
Dibria
First Video: The Job

Postby Dibria » 17 Jan 2012, 16:24

Yeah, it's a nice theory but to get one member over here would take substantial donations as they're aren't a *that* many Britain based posters on the forum and people won't want to donate for getting a visitor to am event they may not be able to attend. I wouldn't dream of answering on their behalf but I would imagine that the crews response would be to save any such donations for desert bus.

If you really want to see the crew over here (and I am 100% behind you on that) then getting everyone to separately email convention organisers would be the best bet, they are likely to invite them if they get enough demand.

Oh and Suffolk for the time being, arse end of nowhere to be exact.
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 17 Jan 2012, 16:27

the problem with asking a con to pay for LRR to come over is that I highly doubt it would be cost effective. How many more people are LRR going to draw to the con? I doubt it would be enough to make back the cost of flying them here.

I could be wrong, I often am, but just a slight word of caution.

I not entirely sure what else we can really do though, sorry for just being a devil's advocate. I shall ponder it.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 16:27

Right, so according to everyone so far, the best idea would be for all of us to contact the convention organisers separately. If I list all the UK based people we have, then we all write a message to these people, it might make a small impact. It's a start, if I'm not mistaken?

(I mean, it's not like it can hurt, right?)
Neko Pounce

Postby Neko Pounce » 17 Jan 2012, 16:28

iamafish wrote:the problem with asking a con to pay for LRR to come over is that I highly doubt it would be cost effective. How many more people are LRR going to draw to the con? I doubt it would be enough to make back the cost of flying them here.

I could be wrong, I often am, but just a slight word of caution.

I not entirely sure what else we can really do though, sorry for just being a devil's advocate. I shall ponder it.

I entirely agree with you, Your just being realistic. but it can't hurt, can it? :)

Return to “General Discussion”