Womenswear

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Re: Womenswear

Postby Tally » 19 Apr 2012, 10:27

THIS THREAD JUST GETS MORE AND MORE AWESOME.

Here's something weird and different and cool that our pal Liz showed me on Twitter this morning: designs for fancy dresses that represent various major websites.

http://www.gizmodiva.com/fashion/famous-websites-as-dresses.php

Apart from the fact that that site has the most annoying ads I have ever encountered, the link is pretty sweet.

(It has been pointed out already that the Twitter dress ought to be shorter. Say, 140 cm long.)
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 19 Apr 2012, 12:21

the amativeness wrote:RELATED!

I think Elomin could rock that look.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Apr 2012, 12:29

Die in a fire.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 19 Apr 2012, 12:30

Or even in a bag!
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 19 Apr 2012, 13:47

I've been getting into cross-dressing recently, and I was wondering if there are any particular items of clothing I should avoid.

I have a generic 'man' build. No hips, medium-sized shoulders, thin legs, square body.
Tally

Postby Tally » 19 Apr 2012, 14:29

Well, you might look good in a lot of current women's fashions, which are based on the idea of boyish figures (no hips, no very defined waist, etc.). I'd avoid any of the also-currently-popular 50's, Mad Men style stuff, which requires curves to work really well.

Shift dresses and tunic-style tops or dresses should work well for you. A-line dresses might be ok too. And my theory - if you have nice legs, show 'em off (tastefully, of course).

Depends on your specific build, obviously, but guys' shoulders in general are usually much broader and bulky than women's, so you may want to avoid really strappy dresses and tops, and things like halter tops.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 19 Apr 2012, 15:04

I have a friend who crossdresses and goes all-out even with a manly face, etc. He looks amazing, too. He sometimes goes corset, short skirt, tall stockings, and even gloves... I dunno if you wanna try to go that far, though. Still, though, waist cinchers can get you a figure easier to work with, if you want to go that route.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Theremin

Postby Theremin » 19 Apr 2012, 15:06

Sounds good to me. Ta!
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 22 Apr 2012, 08:50

What style of crossdressing are you getting into?

On an unrelated note, my friend just gave me a bunch of her clothing that no longer fit from Anthropology. I'm not sure what to make of them because on one hand I enjoy owning a 70$ tshirt that I didn't have to pay for... on the other hand I'm not sure I would ever wear this style. A few of the dresses are cute.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Tally

Postby Tally » 22 Apr 2012, 10:14

Mod them, maybe? I feel like there'd be something wonderfully spiteful (to the store, not your friend) about cutting into a $70 shirt to change it to make it "better" (better for you, at least). Of course, it would probably also be utterly terrifying. Maybe you could pass them along to some other friend.

What sort of cute dresses? Pictures? (Pleeeeease!)
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 22 Apr 2012, 13:51

The most recent womenswear drama I've had is about a pair of stockings / tights (the waist to foot kind). They're these very dorky Batman print stockings that my friend got me from Japan, and I love them, but unfortunately they're just not long enough. Even the maximum stretch I can get comes up a few inches short.

This is depressing. I don't have a lot of opportunities to wear Batman-print tights but I would have liked to.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 22 Apr 2012, 13:56

Aw. Cut the feet off and make them leggings?

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 22 Apr 2012, 15:27

aww, that's tough because even if you hide the weird baggy part they aren't comfortable. You can, like fayill said, just cut the feet off. If they don't have defined feet you can cut the toe bit off, and they will still come to your ankles or lower. Or, if you like having full feet on them, you can trim them at the top of the leg, and use a cute garter belt to keep them up. If you're worried about them running, just use some clear nailpolish.

If you're really ambitious you could get some stretch lace and loosely sew a band at whichever end you cut (if it's the top this could even be tight enough to hold them up.
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Apr 2012, 18:23

A garter might work, actually.. I'm not very crafty so any more detailed modding than scissors and nail polish is out of the question, but that might work. And I guess worst case scenario is that it fails and I'm no longer hanging onto tights that don't fit.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 23 Apr 2012, 08:44

Tally wrote:Mod them, maybe? I feel like there'd be something wonderfully spiteful (to the store, not your friend) about cutting into a $70 shirt to change it to make it "better" (better for you, at least). Of course, it would probably also be utterly terrifying. Maybe you could pass them along to some other friend.

What sort of cute dresses? Pictures? (Pleeeeease!)

I gave them back to her to sell. I will never wear them and I feel bad holding onto stuff I don't need. I think you would have loved them, though.. too bad we didn't live closer! I have discovered that I look rilll nicccee in deep green. I love that colour. I used to have my bedroom painted a deep emerald/forest green. I think it has something to do with the pale skin and dark hair. I don't wear many colours comfortably but that one I wore as comfortable as black or grey!

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 23 Apr 2012, 10:15

On a tights related note! Stamped tights were made today to take a creative break from work.

They look like little blotches in the photo but irl you can tell what they are. I'd prefer a bigger stamp so next time I will probably just make my own. I was just working with things I already had on hand.

Tally

Postby Tally » 23 Apr 2012, 10:24

Fun! That's like something I saw on a craft site recently and wanted to try... hang on, let me find it...

Aha! Here it is. "DIY Tattoo TIghts" http://bywilma.com/2012/04/08/diy-tattoo-tights-2/ I very much want to try this. I guess it's the same thing, really. I hadn't thought of doing it with a stamp, but it makes total sense. Did the ink stay put ok, though?

Also, Rocket, can you, like, move to Victoria and take all of my blog photos for me, and maybe model stuff too? Your pictures are so damn perfect.
Bacon
First Video: Unskippable lost planet

Postby Bacon » 23 Apr 2012, 10:35

Tally wrote:THIS THREAD JUST GETS MORE AND MORE AWESOME.

Here's something weird and different and cool that our pal Liz showed me on Twitter this morning: designs for fancy dresses that represent various major websites.

http://www.gizmodiva.com/fashion/famous-websites-as-dresses.php

Apart from the fact that that site has the most annoying ads I have ever encountered, the link is pretty sweet.

(It has been pointed out already that the Twitter dress ought to be shorter. Say, 140 cm long.)

I'm guessing the Facebook one invades your privacy somehow. The Wikipedia and Google ones are quite nice, although the Google dress does look like it should be worn at a wedding.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 23 Apr 2012, 11:00

Tally wrote:Fun! That's like something I saw on a craft site recently and wanted to try... hang on, let me find it...

Aha! Here it is. "DIY Tattoo TIghts" http://bywilma.com/2012/04/08/diy-tattoo-tights-2/ I very much want to try this. I guess it's the same thing, really. I hadn't thought of doing it with a stamp, but it makes total sense. Did the ink stay put ok, though?

Also, Rocket, can you, like, move to Victoria and take all of my blog photos for me, and maybe model stuff too? Your pictures are so damn perfect.

Yesssss I love tattoo tights. Eventually I want to do one with a silouette of a cat pawing up the leg. I was just being lazy and used the stamps I had on hand. It worked well but you have to sit and blowdry it. I have seen them done where you slide cardboard in the tight and make your design, but I have chunky legs and don't want the image to thin or crack when I wear them. Draw, stamp or paint - I think it would all work the same just make sure you dry and clear coat it. Practise on a pair of junk tights first because stamping onto your leg is squishy in some places and hard on others so it makes it difficult to know which pressure you need to make it stamp but not bleed. You can tell mine are junk tights because of the giant run on the inside of the leg that was totally not caused from drunken shenanigans :P

I would love to move back to Victoria and take your blog photos! =D I almost bought a house in Langford when I lived there but thank goodness Morgan deterred me from that.
I decided while I don't like the ocean or the over all mentality of the west coast, if we moved back to Canada that is where it would be. I just can't stand Calgary winters any more - but hate being away from family and health care. However if I can afford to live in Victoria - then I can afford American healtcare ;)

I do miss hanging out at Fishermans Wharf! I loved that place so hard. OM NOM NOM. You and I could have a SUPAH BLOG.

Tally

Postby Tally » 23 Apr 2012, 11:23

OH MY GOSH, IT WOULD BE THE BEST BLOG EVER. We should start planning now, so that one day in the future when we magically live in the same place (or get teleporters), we have everything ready to go to just immediately take over the entire blogosphere.

Good to know about the tights. I have the chunky leg thing goin' on too, so maybe I'll try your method a little more than the stretch it out method. I'm thinking that different images might be affected more or less by stretching, too. Anyway, it's been added to my infinite list of things to try when I have some time.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 23 Apr 2012, 12:14

TheRocket wrote:What style of crossdressing are you getting into?

I'm just going for a 'general androgyny' look at the moment. My hair isn't long enough anymore that I can really try passing, though I have a few outfits in which I totally could.

But that's all on hold at the moment while I try to grow a beard. Cross-dressing with a half-grown beard is just a little sad.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 26 Apr 2012, 22:29

Guys.

This is amazing to me.

Presenting... my wedding hat.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 26 Apr 2012, 22:38

...Oh man. Oh man. Can I be your friend? Please?

That is the coolest! :D

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Apr 2012, 22:41

That is a damn awesome hat. I bow before your hatness.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Tally

Postby Tally » 26 Apr 2012, 23:02

Sweeeet!

Return to “General Discussion”