Legend of Korra!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: Legend of Korra!

Postby Deedles » 11 Oct 2014, 09:22

Yeah, it was a good episode. I'm very curious to see how it continues.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Oct 2014, 18:57

A++. Plotwise, it didn't tell us much we hadn't gathered from the previous episode, but it gave us a great look into Korra's psyche.

Also, nice to see you again, twinkletoes.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 11 Oct 2014, 22:42

Hrmmpphh, if you want me to watch this legally, atleast give me a method of doing so Nickelodeon. For now I'll have to resort to less legitimate sources. Again.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 11 Oct 2014, 23:01

Ditto. I'd love to watch it on their site, but it isn't available in Sweden, and probably won't be until they release some god awful Swedish dub. =/
Hurp-De-Durp!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Oct 2014, 17:56

Damn, this season just keeps on delivering.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 18 Oct 2014, 18:12

The way they are currently dealing with Kuvira just feels groan worthy at the current time. I'm waiting for the rug to be pulled on my expectations for that character.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Oct 2014, 22:20

Master Gunner wrote:Damn, this season just keeps on delivering.

Yup! I really like how they've handled Kuvira so far. Evil antagonists are dime a dozen, but she is actually sympathetic, to the point that I really get what they mean when they say that she would make a better leader than Wu. She HAS been doing stuff for the Earth Kingdom... just that...some of that stuff has been far from good.

I hope they stay on track!
Hurp-De-Durp!
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 18 Oct 2014, 23:08

I'm pretty sure that we'll find out that Kuvira has been orchestrating the bandit attacks, such as the one that stole the relief effort food from the air benders. how would bandits be able to arrange an air heist without help?

I like how Korra's problem, namely that she's still got poison in her wasn't fixed in one episode, that she'll have to work to fix herself, stops toph being a deus ex machina. Too often, potentially game-changing problems that are interesting in TV shows are fixed in a single episode
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
J_S_Bach
First Video: I honestly can't remember.

Postby J_S_Bach » 20 Oct 2014, 19:45

Speaking of The Legend of Korra, I'll be streaming the new game in about fifteen minutes at www.twitch.tv/j_s_bach if anyone is interested. You should be able to find the replay at https://www.youtube.com/user/FirstPersonReview13
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 19 Dec 2014, 12:50

Well goodbye Korra :(
And almost certainly good bye to the Avatar universe. At least in animated form.

I wont comment on the last epp for those that haven't seen it, but I enjoyed it a lot and its sad to see it go.

Still, theres already 2 new sets of Avatar comics confirmed for next year, and they have all been pretty good so far. I suspect a Korra Book 5 comic will come at some point too.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 19 Dec 2014, 13:13

It was rushed but good. Also, holy shit they went that far at the end. I'm so glad some things sailed, if you know what I mean
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 19 Dec 2014, 13:34

yup
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 19 Dec 2014, 14:01

EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Dec 2014, 18:40

Sad to see Avatar go, but that was an excellent finale.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 24 Dec 2014, 16:17

@gcninja, was that fanart? It wasn't in the version of the finale I just watched.

That was indeed a good conclusion to the series. Its sad the series wasn't renewed by Nickelodeon. I still think they have a good thing on their hands here.

Also, wait, Korra and Assami are lesbian now? Maybe I'm just blind and naive, but I hadn't picked up on that before the last minute of the finale
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Dec 2014, 19:43

It was teased for those that were looking for it, but otherwise it was a rather last-minute reveal. Part of the problem is that in a show like Avatar, you expect to be hit over the head with any romantic possibilities (as the show has done in the past), so anything resembling a naturally-emerging relationship is easy to miss.
The other problem was that while the creators may have thought of the idea in Season 1, because they were convinced they'd never be allowed to do it by Nickelodeon until they decided to fight for it at the last minute, they didn't have the opportunity for a proper build up.

Oh, and strictly speaking they'd be bisexual, by all appearances, not lesbians. Though given the early stages of their relationship, perhaps it is premature to place any sexuality upon them - sexuality can be fluid for some people, and even targeted for specific people. On the other hand, I'm now reading far too much into the sexuality of fictional characters who now in permanent stasis.
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 25 Dec 2014, 06:11

Word of God on this from Bryan Konietzko is that "If it seems out of the blue to you, I think a second viewing of the last two seasons would show that perhaps you were looking at it only through a hetero lens." And there's a reason why Korrasami was a robust and very buoyant ship, because they made the direct decision to focus a relationship between them during the second season. They certainly had a "couple" vibe around them, and were doing things that would be 'romantic plot cues' in any female-male-led script.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 25 Dec 2014, 12:20

Eagerly awaiting comic news. None as yet. I was wrong with the avatar comics incidently - theres only one more set commissioned so far. I was confused as it was "Smoke And Fire" when all the others (The Promise, The Search, The Rift) had just one word.
Id be shocked if they dont do a comic continuation of Korra though. Theres certainly the fanbase for it.
--
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Dec 2014, 12:29

Oh yeah, Korra comics are pretty much guaranteed.

I only hope that they get different writers though. From what I've heard, Katara/Aang's relationship was written...poorly, which wouldn't bode well for Korra comics.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Dec 2014, 13:39

@dutch guy Yeah, it's a mix of a fanart kissing thing form a while ago colored to match the ending scene and spliced. But seriously, bryan did say a bit ago, it's canon. Not to mention their adventure last season. Fighting together, the last episode Asami is there for her by her side, Korra only writes to Asami and not Bolin or Mako. Even joking Korrasami was pretty serious. Korra friggin BLUSHED when Asami commented on her hair. and yeah, bisexual, not lesbian. See Mako/Asami Mako/Korra Korra/Bolin for however short THAT was.

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 26 Dec 2014, 09:47

Master Gunner wrote:Oh yeah, Korra comics are pretty much guaranteed.

I only hope that they get different writers though. From what I've heard, Katara/Aang's relationship was written...poorly, which wouldn't bode well for Korra comics.

Came across fine to me, but then it was dossed with a lot of humour so that might bias my assessment. (when I find something funny, I tend not to look at it so critically)

In either case I recommend reading at least The Promise as its a solid story.
--
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 26 Dec 2014, 13:12

OK, yeah, bisexual is the correct term.

Most of the clues mentioned I would not really have taken as clues they were falling in love. But then again I probably am naive when it comes to those matters. Even in real life.

Return to “General Discussion”