Thank you, Loadingreadyrun!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ayailla
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Thank you, Loadingreadyrun!

Postby Ayailla » 26 Apr 2012, 02:30

So... this is a cheesy as hell thread. I wanted to share a story and tried to think of a way to turn it into a thread people can actually contribute to, so... do you have anything to thank the crew for?

Here's mine. Not overly exciting, but I don't care. :P

I am studying to be a teacher. As part of my course, I am gaining work-based-experience in a college teaching English. I was trying to think of a starter activity I could do with one of my classes. They are a bit of a hellish class and don't pay attention much. I wanted to think of something that would grab their attention and get them listening to me.

I was thinking for a while and nothing came to me. Procrastinating and on the verge of giving up, I decided to watch some Feed Dump.

Then it hit me.

I used some of the stories from Feed Dump and created a quiz.

"Bizarre News: True or False?"

I listed some of the stories from Feed Dump, made up some headlines of my own, and gave this to them as a quick quiz at the start of the lesson. It really helped, as some of them couldn't believe that the stories were true.

It isn't the most creative idea in the world, and it has probably been done a million times before, but if it wasn't for Feed Dump, I wouldn't have had an activity to present to my class.

So, thanks, LRR!
*If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.* - Lord Byron
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Re: Thank you, Loadingreadyrun!

Postby Preacher » 26 Apr 2012, 05:52

Distracting Me From Any Essay I've ever tried to write. This is not a complaint btw
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Apr 2012, 05:58

Distracting me right now from the assignment I have to hand in within the next 2 hours and have about 500 more words to write.

Also not a complaint, this assignment is boring and irrelevant as sin and the tutor marking it is by all accounts a complete idiot anyway, having almost unilaterally failed everyone in one assignment despite everyone almost unilaterally meeting his requirements.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Postby Preacher » 26 Apr 2012, 06:00

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Distracting me right now from the assignment I have to hand in within the next 2 hours and have about 500 more words to write.

Also not a complaint, this assignment is boring and irrelevant as sin and the tutor marking it is by all accounts a complete idiot anyway.

"?"

Didn't think you were in any of my classes
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
Ayailla
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Ayailla » 27 Apr 2012, 07:37

They are surprisingly good at distracting us from things we should be doing, aren't they? In my case, it paid off.
*If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.* - Lord Byron
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 27 Apr 2012, 16:59

Thank you LRR for saving me from a bare-fist boxing match with with a mutant koala. If it were not for your witty humor I would not have been able to aptly distract the mutant koala so I could space jump out of there.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.

Return to “General Discussion”