Homestuck

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: Homestuck

Postby JustAName » 09 Jan 2013, 21:58

Someone should tell Pika she's in Homestuck now...
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 10 Jan 2013, 00:41

Fayili wrote:Someone should tell Pika she's in Homestuck now...

OMG...
#TeamKroze
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 10 Jan 2013, 11:08

So I started reading Homestuck shortly before DB6 in response to the chat. Got to about the end of Act 1 I believe and ended up stopping. Since I had a free day today and, through an odd coincidence was reminded of it, started reading it again.

I'm now at the beginning of Act 3. Through my reading various pieces of my brain have imploded. I believe this may have been in an attempt to save the brain as a whole. I'm unsure if those attempts have been successful. It's unimportant. What is important is that I'm the mayor of Cantown and have little to no idea what is happening. I can say that I looked at the clock recently and realized two hours had passed since I started. And that was a half hour ago. So... yay?
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 10 Jan 2013, 12:56

Kapol wrote:So I started reading Homestuck shortly before DB6 in response to the chat. Got to about the end of Act 1 I believe and ended up stopping. Since I had a free day today and, through an odd coincidence was reminded of it, started reading it again.

I'm now at the beginning of Act 3. Through my reading various pieces of my brain have imploded. I believe this may have been in an attempt to save the brain as a whole. I'm unsure if those attempts have been successful. It's unimportant. What is important is that I'm the mayor of Cantown and have little to no idea what is happening. I can say that I looked at the clock recently and realized two hours had passed since I started. And that was a half hour ago. So... yay?

If you've gotten that far, there's no escaping now. WELCOME TO THE HERD. Also enjoy, it only gets better from there.

You are the Mayor. It is you.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 11 Jan 2013, 09:03

It has only gotten better. But geez is there a lot more then I was expecting. I spent a lot of yesterday reading and I don't think I'm even to year three yet. I'm on act five though and start reading Hivebent. So Yay! And I've been upgraded to the Mayor of Exile Town! Which means... I dunno! But it's something!
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 11 Jan 2013, 13:05

I'm a big fan of Hivebent, in part because I think Act 5 was really where Homestuck went off the rails. Or it was one of the times it went off the rails, because let's be honest, there have been a lot of them (including the most recent updates).

@Kapol - You have successfully identified the best character in Homestuck (for the moment).
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 13 Jan 2013, 12:29

I've decided that Homestuck is way, way too long. Seriously. It's getting somewhat absurd. I've spent so much time reading it so far, and I realized I still have two years and two months worth of comics to read. Of course I'm reading all the pesterlogs too, which makes it longer. And anyone who doesn't read them is missing out on just about everything.

Mind you I'm not sure why I felt the need to update with this information. I'm sure it's not an uncommon feeling that I'm having.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 14 Jan 2013, 17:25

Kapol wrote:I've decided that Homestuck is way, way too long. Seriously. It's getting somewhat absurd. I've spent so much time reading it so far, and I realized I still have two years and two months worth of comics to read. Of course I'm reading all the pesterlogs too, which makes it longer. And anyone who doesn't read them is missing out on just about everything.

Mind you I'm not sure why I felt the need to update with this information. I'm sure it's not an uncommon feeling that I'm having.

Reading the Pesterlogs is not optional. :/ The story doesn't make any sense without it. It'd be like... reading a comic book and not reading any of the word balloons.

Believe me, it's worth it. It's worth it and many sections go by quickly. The density of the pesterlogs wax (especially during act 5) and wane.

Think of it like Ulysses. When you've read it, you'll be able to say, "I HAVE READ HOMESTUCK. I AM GOT TIGER."
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 14 Jan 2013, 18:21

I find all of the controversy over the Caucasian joke interesting. I have to admit I was surprised when he went back and changed the post.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 14 Jan 2013, 20:26

Psycat Aurora wrote:I find all of the controversy over the Caucasian joke interesting. I have to admit I was surprised when he went back and changed the post.

I had no idea there was any controversy at all until I read his tumblr post about it, which really outlines all there is to say about the matter.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 16 Jan 2013, 18:54

Yea, I mostly mentioned the pesterlogs not being skipped due to it being mentioned in the first page. I can see getting some semblance of what's going without them. But it'd be confusing and you'd miss the majority of the character building and reasoning behind events.

Anyways, I've got to the most current comic and... well, is actually going on or have I taken all the drugs? Also, what's this about a Caucasian joke? Was that in the updates or something? I'm mostly just curious because why not.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Jan 2013, 20:35

Kapol wrote:Yea, I mostly mentioned the pesterlogs not being skipped due to it being mentioned in the first page. I can see getting some semblance of what's going without them. But it'd be confusing and you'd miss the majority of the character building and reasoning behind events.

Anyways, I've got to the most current comic and... well, is actually going on or have I taken all the drugs? Also, what's this about a Caucasian joke? Was that in the updates or something? I'm mostly just curious because why not.

Haha oh lord I KNOW trickster mode is infecting everything. It's insane. Everything's gone insane.

To answer the second question:

Remember when Trickster!Jane and Jake were talking before she ballskicked him off the cliff? Where she said she feels so PEACHY?!? She used to feel so... CAUCASIAN.

Just read here and here here for the reason why. tl;dr: Some people were upset about the joke, and people responded to those people by being crazy nasty racists at them.
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 19 Jan 2013, 15:05

I have finally read all of the updates! Aaaaaaaall of them. I like how the last sentence in my read through is "Son of a fuck." :P
Psycat Aurora

Postby Psycat Aurora » 23 Jan 2013, 17:15

I also put this in the art thread, but I thought it belonged here too. My latest drawing:
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Jan 2013, 17:31

Nice.

Also, you guys realize that Candystuck cosplays will be a thing now, right? Yeah. Just mull that one over for a bit.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 23 Jan 2013, 17:35

...I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Tycherin

Postby Tycherin » 23 Jan 2013, 18:24

I am absolutely sure how to feel about that, but I won't say anything because there might be children listening.
Psycat Aurora

Postby Psycat Aurora » 26 Jan 2013, 12:35

Another drawing I did this week. Having the flu gives me lots of free time to draw:
Also:
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 19 Feb 2013, 18:27

Ermergerd you guys, the latest updates.

Grimbark Jade! Mind-controlled Jane! The Condesce triumphant! Dave and Karkat are bros! Terezi and Rose on the path to self-destruction!

Holee Shit!

Also, tumblr fanarts:

Psycat Aurora

Postby Psycat Aurora » 19 Feb 2013, 19:45

Look what I found.

JustAName

Postby JustAName » 19 Feb 2013, 19:55

And then the cherub nation attacked?

Tycherin

Postby Tycherin » 19 Feb 2013, 20:21

That is a combination of two of my favorite things. AWESOME.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 19 Feb 2013, 21:30

I love how effortlessly Hussie destroys so many tropes. Classical elements? Heck no! Breath, Light, Time, Space. Life, Hope, Void, Heart. Completely new stuff.
Psycat Aurora

Postby Psycat Aurora » 23 Feb 2013, 17:18

tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 27 Feb 2013, 01:46

I love everyone's expressions in this panel.

Return to “General Discussion”