Mauling Matt

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Matt » 22 May 2012, 12:52

Lord Hosk wrote:Dear Matt Restored,

At the Wizards MTG panel when they announced Return to Ravnica, the room erupted.

Did you play during Ravnica?

Will this block be as awesome as people seem to think or will it fall short of the build up, like most things Wizards has done of late. (IE: the hell vault, and Everyone who comes to the MTG panel gets a free MTG prize)


I did not play during ravnica, I think it will be awesome, I don't agree that the helvault was not awesome.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Kapol
Posts: 6120
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 03:31
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Location: The ever-shifting landscape of the mind

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Kapol » 22 May 2012, 13:08

Have you ever seen Thank You For Smoking, Idiocracy, or Stranger Then Fiction? If so, what was your opinion on them?
User avatar
Metcarfre
Posts: 13676
Joined: 08 Jul 2008, 13:52
First Video: Not Applicable
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Metcarfre » 22 May 2012, 13:12

Hot damn were Thank You For Smoking and Stranger Than Fiction good.

Have you ever tubed the Cowichan?
*
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 May 2012, 13:42

If the LRR site design was not based upon the C64 what console do you think would have been used instead?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Matt » 22 May 2012, 13:52

Kapol wrote:Have you ever seen Thank You For Smoking, Idiocracy, or Stranger Then Fiction? If so, what was your opinion on them?


of the three, I've seen Idiocracy, but the other two have been on the list pretty much forever.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Metcarfre
Posts: 13676
Joined: 08 Jul 2008, 13:52
First Video: Not Applicable
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Metcarfre » 22 May 2012, 15:20

If I gave you $1000 to spend on menswear, what would you spend it on?
*
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Matt » 22 May 2012, 15:54

metcarfre wrote:If I gave you $1000 to spend on menswear, what would you spend it on?


In order of importance:

A pair of brown wingtip bluchers, and a pair of nice black oxfords.

A new black leather belt, and a Brown leather belt that actually matches my Clarks properly.

Several shirts. OCBD and regular dress shirts. one white, one light blue in each, then probably a lavender dress shirt, and some patterened button downs. gingham check and whatnot.

A new pair of chinos.

A pair of raw denim jeans

A couple lightweight V-neck sweaters (grey/navy/colour)

tweed blazer, casual blazer.

a white linen pocket square.

couple ties.

A new pair of mid-grey wool pants

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Matt » 22 May 2012, 16:08

metcarfre wrote:Hot damn were Thank You For Smoking and Stranger Than Fiction good.

Have you ever tubed the Cowichan?


I have not. Have done the penticton canal though.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Matt » 22 May 2012, 16:08

Elomin Sha wrote:If the LRR site design was not based upon the C64 what console do you think would have been used instead?


WOULD have? penrose tiles.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
gcninja
Posts: 4698
Joined: 13 Dec 2008, 11:57
Location: Grand Canyon, AZ

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby gcninja » 22 May 2012, 16:22

That's what I couldn't think of...I kept thinking pascals triangles (the tattoo paul considered on a podcast that he was afraid to get in case he buffs up)
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Image
Buksvager!
User avatar
Kapol
Posts: 6120
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 03:31
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Location: The ever-shifting landscape of the mind

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Kapol » 22 May 2012, 16:45

Matt wrote:
Kapol wrote:Have you ever seen Thank You For Smoking, Idiocracy, or Stranger Then Fiction? If so, what was your opinion on them?


of the three, I've seen Idiocracy, but the other two have been on the list pretty much forever.

-m


Well, I would most certainly suggest checking out the other two when you have the chance. Don't let them fall the wayside like I know I would. >_>

You also didn't answer the other question though. What did you think of Idiocracy?
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Matt » 22 May 2012, 17:00

Kapol wrote:
Matt wrote:
Kapol wrote:Have you ever seen Thank You For Smoking, Idiocracy, or Stranger Then Fiction? If so, what was your opinion on them?


of the three, I've seen Idiocracy, but the other two have been on the list pretty much forever.

-m


Well, I would most certainly suggest checking out the other two when you have the chance. Don't let them fall the wayside like I know I would. >_>

You also didn't answer the other question though. What did you think of Idiocracy?


I liked it.

It had electrolytes.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
Season's Beatings
Posts: 311
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 15:36
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Season's Beatings » 22 May 2012, 17:13

Dear Matthias von WigganVikin.

What do you think of House MD?
What is the best franchise from the current console generation?
Have you ever fired a gun?
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby JackSlack » 22 May 2012, 17:44

Building on Season's Beatings:

Best incarnation of Sherlock Holmes:

Sherlock (BBC series), Sherlock Holmes (Guy Ritchie films) or House?
User avatar
gcninja
Posts: 4698
Joined: 13 Dec 2008, 11:57
Location: Grand Canyon, AZ

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby gcninja » 22 May 2012, 18:02

You're a secret agent working for a secret canadian task force that saves the world every day, your code name picked by you is....?
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Image
Buksvager!
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 May 2012, 18:18

Dear Junior Sub-alternate replacement bench warmer for the Vancouver Canucks,

Who is your favorite Hockey Player?

Being Canadian I am guessing you played junior(pee wee, little skates... whatever the name) hockey growing up, What position did you play?

Where you any good?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
TomBrend
Posts: 3890
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 17:43
First Video: long long ago...
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby TomBrend » 22 May 2012, 20:23

Lord Hosk wrote:Dear Junior Sub-alternate replacement bench warmer for the Vancouver Canucks,

Who is your favorite Hockey Player?

Being Canadian I am guessing you played junior(pee wee, little skates... whatever the name) hockey growing up, What position did you play?

Where you any good?


Additionally, how often do you play now? Are you still any good?
Image
User avatar
Dominic Appleguard
Posts: 1536
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 20:05
Location: Chicago

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 22 May 2012, 23:40

gcninja wrote:That's what I couldn't think of...I kept thinking pascals triangles (the tattoo paul considered on a podcast that he was afraid to get in case he buffs up)

In that case, I can recommend the Sierpinski Gasket. You can buff up an infinite amount without causing problems.
User avatar
gcninja
Posts: 4698
Joined: 13 Dec 2008, 11:57
Location: Grand Canyon, AZ

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby gcninja » 23 May 2012, 04:32

He mentioned Sierpinskis Gasket too, to which graham replied,
"You watch your language young man."
(Also, LOL to graham belittling Sierpinskis Gasket to, "The triforce inside a triforce inside a triforce". I only remember this podcast well because it's all I listened to at work)
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Image
Buksvager!
User avatar
Dibria
Posts: 919
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 12:40
First Video: The Job
Location: Somewhere between Lands End and John o' Groats

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Dibria » 23 May 2012, 04:54

Have you heard the rumours of a new Steel Batallion game coming? Will you buy it?
Image
User avatar
aeric90
Posts: 2866
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 06:09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby aeric90 » 23 May 2012, 06:09

If I gave you $1000 for not clothes, what would you do?
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
User avatar
beramode0
Posts: 806
Joined: 24 Mar 2012, 21:48
First Video: Questionably Legal Man
Location: Korea

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby beramode0 » 23 May 2012, 06:50

Dear Matt, if you were to have an animal familiar what would it be? Also if you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
Twitter Steam Facebook
Add as a friend/Follow at your own risk.
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Lord Hosk » 23 May 2012, 07:06

aeric90 wrote:If I gave you $1000 for not clothes, what would you do?


aeric90 wants to see you naked :shock:
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
aeric90
Posts: 2866
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 06:09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby aeric90 » 23 May 2012, 07:48

Lord Hosk wrote:
aeric90 wrote:If I gave you $1000 for not clothes, what would you do?


aeric90 wants to see you naked :shock:


*facepalm* :oops:
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: Mauling Matt

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 May 2012, 08:37

Dear Final Boss Matt

If you are Ganon and Kathleen is Link, does that make Graham Zelda?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests