The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
betsytheripper
Posts: 251
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 21:49
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP
Location: Fields and Cows and Fields

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby betsytheripper » 06 May 2015, 08:09

It comes down to dosage, and how your body reacts to the doses. Mini-pill is a small amount daily, but still more than the implant which kind of acts like the slowest IV drip possible. Depo is a huge amount of hormones all at once, and felt drastically different to me than the implant. The dosage amount and frequency also leads to different side effects. Again, it's super personal, and can take several tries to find the one that suits you best.

The nice part about the implant is that it can be removed whenever you like, vs Depo which just has to wear off.
-betsy
User avatar
AdmiralMemo
Posts: 7343
Joined: 27 Nov 2011, 18:29
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 May 2015, 09:27

Elomin Sha wrote:I keep reading IUD as IED. I need to stop that.
If your uterus explodes within 4 hours, please consult a physician.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Image
User avatar
BlueChloroplast
Posts: 196
Joined: 09 Jun 2014, 11:40
First Video: something on the escapist
Location: CANADA!

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby BlueChloroplast » 06 May 2015, 22:13

Thanks Betsy (I keep imagining the ripper part being a seam ripper). I mistook IED as EMP and was like I'm not a cyborg yet...
User avatar
MinniChi
Posts: 868
Joined: 15 Oct 2012, 18:46
First Video: Your Very Own Prom
Location: Toronto Canada
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby MinniChi » 07 May 2015, 05:12

Hooray for discussing various forms of birth control!
I'll jump on this band wagon.

Another one to consider is the patch. I don't know if it's available everywhere (I can get it in Ontario). But it's a weekly transdermal hormonal birth control (think nicotine patch). Personally I couldn't remember a daily pill, needles scare the crap outta me (didn't stop crying whenever I had to get one until I was 19), and I need to do way more research into the IUDs and the implant. Also I lost the ring once or twice, so that had to stop.
My information about the patch: It fit my body. My one attempt with the pill, my body behaved so abnormally I stopped more or less right away. Also, I kept forgetting to take it. As soon as I went on the patch, the body returned to normal. The only side effect I have noticed ongoing since I started the patch (I've been using it off and on for about 8 years now) are localized bumps after I remove the patch. But I consider that normal as the skin is trapped under a sticky sweaty surface for a week. It's insanely itchy for a few weeks until your body becomes used to it as well. But that's my experience with it.

Birth control itself is extremely personal. It's great to know about all the various forms and what the possible side effects are for them. Continue researching. Perhaps you'll find something amazing none of us has considered.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
User avatar
viscomica
Posts: 3346
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 17:01
First Video: SPRING!
Location: Ministry of Magic

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby viscomica » 10 May 2015, 17:47

My period and my exams are getting in the way of my sex. I feel like a ticking time bomb. Dammit!
User avatar
My pseudonym is Ix
Posts: 3835
Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 09:28
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend
Location: --. .-. . .- - / -... .-. .. - .- .. -.
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 11 May 2015, 13:36

So, this is a little embarrassing. As backstory, I'm a 20 year old cis-male virgin. That isn't the embarrassing part. The embarrassing part is how much that is bothering me.

I've always been a great proponent of the idea that you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. I don't think that just because sex is fun, missing out on it renders you somehow less of a person. I don't think that, because I've never been in a relationship, that I'm some hollow shell of a human being. But for some reason I've still got a massive bussing chip on my shoulder about sex and relationships in general.

Put bluntly, I'm starting to get really pissed off with being a single virgin. It's the little things- the games of Never Have I Ever that I sit quietly in, the jokes that only get to be made at other people's expense, that sort of thing. The other day (whilst quite drunk) I got dared to act out my ideal approach to a girl. It was possibly the most awkward experience I've had for the past year, simply because I had no idea what I was doing. But even more than that, I'm annoyed that it bothers me, because I feel like it shouldn't.

So... wat do, I guess?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 May 2015, 14:11

It's not the end of the world. I'm 29 and never done the act (have contemplated once or twice). Never bothered me.

Just think, in a few more years you could be an Elomin too.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
JustAName
Posts: 7669
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 21:08
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby JustAName » 11 May 2015, 14:12

I mean, frankly, it sounds like your friend are dicks?

But separately: I feel like you're worried that actually entering a relationship is admitting a weakness or incompleteness on your part? I've seen you say on several occasions that you don't feel you need to be in a relationship to be happy. This is true, but being in a relationship can also make you happy. It doesn't mean that you weren't happy before, or that you're even MORE happy in a relationship. It is just one potential source of happiness. Also you say that "I don't think that just because sex is fun, missing out on it renders you somehow less of a person. I don't think that, because I've never been in a relationship, that I'm some hollow shell of a human being." which kind of reads as equating sex with relationships and vice versa. I could be completely off-base with both things, though, and let me know if I am.

Do you want to be in a relationship? If so, meet new people, do all the usual things. If not, let your friends know what's bothering you, and if they're going to keep being dicks, maybe find some new friends, or at least hang out with them less.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with you, and I'm pretty sure everyone here will agree with me. So if you want some positive reinforcement there, we'll be happy to provide.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.


And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Image
User avatar
AdmiralMemo
Posts: 7343
Joined: 27 Nov 2011, 18:29
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 May 2015, 15:11

Elomin Sha wrote:It's not the end of the world. I'm 29 and never done the act (have contemplated once or twice). Never bothered me.

Just think, in a few more years you could be an Elomin too.
And in 4 more years after that, he can be Memo. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Image
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 May 2015, 15:43

It's Elomin or nothing.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
User avatar
viscomica
Posts: 3346
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 17:01
First Video: SPRING!
Location: Ministry of Magic

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby viscomica » 11 May 2015, 18:35

Elomin Sha wrote:It's Elomin or nothing.


So that's how the Elomins multiply.
Someday you'll be billions.
User avatar
My pseudonym is Ix
Posts: 3835
Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 09:28
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend
Location: --. .-. . .- - / -... .-. .. - .- .. -.
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 May 2015, 01:50

Fayili wrote:I mean, frankly, it sounds like your friend are dicks?

But separately: I feel like you're worried that actually entering a relationship is admitting a weakness or incompleteness on your part? I've seen you say on several occasions that you don't feel you need to be in a relationship to be happy. This is true, but being in a relationship can also make you happy. It doesn't mean that you weren't happy before, or that you're even MORE happy in a relationship. It is just one potential source of happiness. Also you say that "I don't think that just because sex is fun, missing out on it renders you somehow less of a person. I don't think that, because I've never been in a relationship, that I'm some hollow shell of a human being." which kind of reads as equating sex with relationships and vice versa. I could be completely off-base with both things, though, and let me know if I am.

Do you want to be in a relationship? If so, meet new people, do all the usual things. If not, let your friends know what's bothering you, and if they're going to keep being dicks, maybe find some new friends, or at least hang out with them less.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with you, and I'm pretty sure everyone here will agree with me. So if you want some positive reinforcement there, we'll be happy to provide.


Eh, my mate wasn't trying to be dickish- he more than anyone else wants to get me laid, and he's only trying to help and advise. Plus, he was drunker than ANY of us that night. I do most definitely want to be in a relationship, but not really sure what I should be doing... but that's another kettle of fish.

Regarding the whole equating sex with relationships thing... I mean, I don't have any problem with casual sex in principle, it just ain't really what I'm looking for right now. Plus, all these things are just wound up in one another in my head, so it kinda seems natural to describe them in the same breath.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Feb 2016, 13:35

Have the members of this forum stopped having (or even thinking) about sex?
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
User avatar
Deedles
Posts: 4043
Joined: 29 Nov 2010, 13:19
First Video: Man Cooking
Location: A shoebox on Kashyyyk.
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Deedles » 20 Feb 2016, 13:40

Nope, I think about it on a regular basis, as well as have it. I even drew art for it(but haven't posted it on the forum because, yeah...).
Hurp-De-Durp!
User avatar
MrPayneTrayne
Posts: 638
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:12
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 20 Feb 2016, 13:57

Eh, specific question but:

What're your favourite ways to initiate sex?
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Feb 2016, 14:09

Lord Chrusher wrote:Have the members of this forum stopped having (or even thinking) about sex?

People stopped reacting to my stupidity so I stopped necroing the thread.

MrPayneTrayne wrote:Eh, specific question but:

What're your favourite ways to initiate sex?


You want me to put my ding-a-ling in your fairy cave, ARE YOU MAD WOMAN!


I'm back to being normal Elomin. I think I was suffering from a condition so I wasn't thinking straight.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
User avatar
Avistew
Posts: 2593
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 18:34
First Video: Can't remember
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Avistew » 20 Feb 2016, 15:17

I usually go "wanna have sex (or specific act)?" but that may not be the most common way to initiate...
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Feb 2016, 15:49

No thanks. I'm washing my hair.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
User avatar
MinniChi
Posts: 868
Joined: 15 Oct 2012, 18:46
First Video: Your Very Own Prom
Location: Toronto Canada
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby MinniChi » 21 Feb 2016, 07:26

MrPayneTrayne wrote:Eh, specific question but:

What're your favourite ways to initiate sex?


Asking straight out if he wants to engage in sex. Or subtly start enjoying myself so he wakes up and joins in. Usually he initiates though.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
User avatar
Merrymaker_Mortalis
Posts: 7224
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 19:19
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist
Location: Wales

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Apr 2016, 00:49

I enjoy watching soft sensualising content on Youtube. For me, I find seeing the genitalia of people who I do not know, or have any emotional attachment to off-putting. If I had an emotional attachment to people who I will never meet, that is also unhealthy. Foreplay = I like watching. Sex = I dislike watching.

So we established that.

I dislike how difficult it is to find media outlets of this type of material online. I feel alone in my taste.

I also dislike when Youtube thinks "Oh he liked this video. Let's suggest to him a video about anal sex!". NO! NO! NO! I don't want a video about anal sex because that does not personally appeal on any end of paticipation.
JustAName
Posts: 7669
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 21:08
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby JustAName » 30 Apr 2016, 02:24

Have you tried reading "sexy" comics? The good thing about them is that there's usually a lot of buildup, and you can always stop if you don't like where it's going. You can also insert whatever meaning you want into them, which is nice. I tend to prefer drawn or written stuff to videos myself.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.


And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Image
User avatar
Merrymaker_Mortalis
Posts: 7224
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 19:19
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist
Location: Wales

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 May 2016, 14:55

Not really. I find illustrations hit and miss, since how the figures are drawn affect my reaction.
User avatar
auberginequeen
Posts: 1559
Joined: 25 May 2009, 19:04
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads
Location: aubergineland

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby auberginequeen » 18 Aug 2016, 17:34

I got an IUD!!!! Never thought I'd actually do it! After reading many many horror stories on the internet I was so scared but I went to one of the healthy sexuality clinics in my town and everyone there was super nice, though the wait was kinda long (over an hour). The doctor, nurse, and I were even laughing half the time. It was like mildly uncomfortable but not unbearable like so many testimonials. I got up and drove home and have felt nothing except an occasional twinge. Ahhhhh!!!! So excited!!!!!

Of course knowing my luck I'll wake up and be haemorrhaging internally or something. :P

Still gotta get an ultrasound to confirm placement because apparently I have a small uterus... gotta schedule that tomorrow... but I'm all optimistic. YAY CONTROL OVER MY OWN REPRODUCTION!
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Aug 2016, 01:40

Congratulations.
I still need to stop reading IUD as IED.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
User avatar
AdmiralMemo
Posts: 7343
Joined: 27 Nov 2011, 18:29
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Contact:

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby AdmiralMemo » 19 Aug 2016, 04:17

Yes, please. No implanting IEDs in uteri.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Image

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests