The depressing depression thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Re: The depressing depression thread

Postby Phi » 14 Mar 2016, 00:30

Thanks for the support, lrrfolk. I have been vegan for 7 years and my depression (which started before that) never seemed to be correlated to my nutrition. I am just a flimsy-minded person who gets insecure very easily.
Phi

Postby Phi » 15 Mar 2016, 04:38

I passed the pre-exam for art studies in Finland, and was invited for an interview and exams. It is nice to feel like, finally, I might be good enough for something.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 15 Mar 2016, 12:58

During my most recent bout of counselling, I am having some of my deepest personal philosophies shaken in ways I never thought I could permit, being made to admit things that I am not usually willing to share with anyone else on the planet, and am being summarily beaten at my own game when it comes to knowing my own mind.

And I am fucking loving it. Seriously, this is one of the most interesting, rewarding things I've ever been through.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 15 Mar 2016, 13:38

Yep. I'm having a similar experience with my psychiatrist. I've admitted things I never thought I would, and have learned things about myself I never even knew I didn't know. And my shrink has hinted that she knows more stuff going on inside my head, that I'm not ready to talk about yet. Can't wait to hear it, and learn a bit more about me.
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 15 Mar 2016, 18:54

Congrats, Phi! :D

Ix and Arclight_Dynamo, great to hear you're both feeling improvement too.
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 15 Mar 2016, 19:53

AdmiralMemo wrote:
Mothra Fighter wrote:But it's always worth asking: who or what am I angry at?
In this case, it was particularly LRL Chat that I was upset at. Long story short, I was like "Please don't do the thing because it won't help me" and no less than three people immediately did the thing. :-(

People are often trolls in LRL more so than DB chat it seems. With trolls it may be best to tell them to not do something you want them to do so they will do the thing you want instead of what you don't want...or they'll do both but at least one of them would be a wanted thing.

I hope the struggling isn't happening more or less alone...cause it gets very hard to be your own intervention against the depression lying sort of thoughts...not entirely impossible but much easier with someone outside of your head being the objective view, or the springboard...or whatever it need be.

Phi, regarding nutrition I think the blood tests may be just indicating you don't have dangerously low levels of vitamins needed...but I'm not sure how great it is on telling the percent of what is ideal for someone going through depression especially. Someone that is depressed should be more careful to get a higher amount of things like vitamin D and B complex (B helps with stress lowering)...also the exercise which is so difficult to fit in while the "spoons" are scarce. Some vitamins, I've been told, require a certain amount of UVB sun to get them to work in your system and not get wasted (similar to drinking coffee right after an orange will flush the vitamin C out instead of allowing it to get absorbed)....so even if your blood result is considered a pass level I'd bet there's probably still room for more (as long as it's not overboard OD on something like iron which can be just as bad as too little). I recently decided to get more "dairy" equivalents and found a B complex that doesn't leave awful taste in the mouth.
Image Image
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 19 Mar 2016, 03:04

I haven't read this book but someone I know said that it helped them...which you may not even have to buy to read.

http://amzn.to/1S9AwL0
Image Image
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 19 Mar 2016, 13:25

I think this deserves sharing here too:
TomSka's non-depressing video on depression

Btw, I have come to the conclusion there have been a lot of helpful links and information posted in this thread over the last 105 pages. Does anybody think it would be a good idea for me to edit the first post and compile some of that information right there? And what to put there?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 19 Mar 2016, 16:29

I really miss my friend...
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 19 Mar 2016, 17:57

*offers Merrymaker_Mortalis hugs*
Image Image
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 19 Mar 2016, 18:00

Dutch guy wrote:I think this deserves sharing here too:
TomSka's non-depressing video on depression

Btw, I have come to the conclusion there have been a lot of helpful links and information posted in this thread over the last 105 pages. Does anybody think it would be a good idea for me to edit the first post and compile some of that information right there? And what to put there?

That's a great idea! A lot of links are better when not buried. :D
Image Image
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 20 Mar 2016, 11:34

As part of my education i have to be in a 20 week internship this fall and i am trying to write an application letter to different companies, and i am getting stuck on why they should choose me, i have been trying to write this letter for the last week but i can for the life of my not come up with a good reason for why they should pick me
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 20 Mar 2016, 12:18

Jenelmo wrote:As part of my education i have to be in a 20 week internship this fall and i am trying to write an application letter to different companies, and i am getting stuck on why they should choose me, i have been trying to write this letter for the last week but i can for the life of my not come up with a good reason for why they should pick me

Writing applications is hard. Especially for people who can't/won't brag about themselves a bit.

Is there anything in your eductation that you do well at? (Or atleast above your own average). Any subjects you are interested in that just seem to come much easier than others?
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Mar 2016, 16:20

I am a bit stressed out about work.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Phi

Postby Phi » 22 Mar 2016, 23:42

Lord Chrusher wrote:I am a bit stressed out about work.

Same here, you are not alone in these feels.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 23 Mar 2016, 13:31

For people afraid of meds altering their personality:

(Source)
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 23 Mar 2016, 14:38

I've been plagued by thoughts of killing myself.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Mar 2016, 15:16

Lord Chrusher wrote:I am a bit stressed out about work.

Rather than having a nice relaxing Easter long weekend, I have to write and submit two telescope proposals by the 31st. One of the proposals is for a telescope and an instrument I have never used before or proposed for. April 1st and 2nd I have two nights

On top of this is the pressure to publish, publish, publish.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Mar 2016, 16:41

Tinasaur wrote:I've been plagued by thoughts of killing myself.

The world would truly be a sadder place without you. Is there anything you want to talk about?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Mar 2016, 17:55

Whenever I have suicidal thoughts, it's generally less of "I should kill myself" and more "I believe I've lost all reasons to stay alive."
There's a certain qualitative difference between "I want to shoot my head off" and "If I lay down and sleep, maybe there's a chance I'll have a heart attack and not wake up."
While both are important, the first is a bit more urgent to take care of.

Right now, I'm feeling a bit of the second type.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 25 Mar 2016, 02:50

Master Gunner wrote:The world would truly be a sadder place without you. Is there anything you want to talk about?

Thank you for your kind words. I was encouraged to talk yesterday so I'm feeling brave enough to share a bit. I've been having bouts of serious thoughts of suicide and if I'd had a surefire way I might've just done it with the way I've felt the past week. I'm running out of options on what to do. No medications or support from the hospital is working and I just don't have any hope for the future. The equation of life boils down to that my suffering will be too much and staying alive won't be worth it.
At this point though I've calmed down a bit and since it's easter I have plenty of opportunity to hang out with friends so I'm occupied and not alone.
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 25 Mar 2016, 08:24

Tinasaur wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:The world would truly be a sadder place without you. Is there anything you want to talk about?

Thank you for your kind words. I was encouraged to talk yesterday so I'm feeling brave enough to share a bit. I've been having bouts of serious thoughts of suicide and if I'd had a surefire way I might've just done it with the way I've felt the past week. I'm running out of options on what to do. No medications or support from the hospital is working and I just don't have any hope for the future. The equation of life boils down to that my suffering will be too much and staying alive won't be worth it.
At this point though I've calmed down a bit and since it's easter I have plenty of opportunity to hang out with friends so I'm occupied and not alone.

If you need someone to talk to I might be able to help a bit. I've been dealing with suicidal thoughts for around 4 or 5 years now, so I understand what it feels like. I hope things improve for you!
She/her please
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 25 Mar 2016, 09:37

Tinasaur wrote:

Glad to hear that you're getting the chance to meet friends and go outside. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but if it is then it's really helpful. It might seem like an endless slog at times, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, as long as we just hold on. <3
Hurp-De-Durp!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Mar 2016, 20:16

So apparently I'm stupid and what I love is stupid and I'm a stupid person for loving it. :-(
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 26 Mar 2016, 03:36

AdmiralMemo wrote:So apparently I'm stupid and what I love is stupid and I'm a stupid person for loving it. :-(

And you were told that by a stupid person with a stupid opinion who is stupid for having an opinion on what people should think is stupid. Don't let em get to you Memo. If you love it, it's not stupid.

Return to “General Discussion”