Asking All Seattle Runners

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Asking All Seattle Runners

Postby The Jester » 10 Jun 2012, 15:27

This is for my girlfriend Kaiserin (a member of, but infrequent poster in, our fair forums), who wants to move to Seattle but currently lives on the North-East coast and therefore can't get a very good read for neighbourhoods, etc.

Do you know of the availability or potential availability of a two bedroom apartment somewhere central, for around $1000 to $1200 a month (or less), preferably somewhere in a theatre district?

She doesn't have a car, doesn't want to live in the suburbs, and will wants to move along with her brother, who she would share the rent with.

What sites/companies would you recommend checking with for good postings? Craigslist doesn't seem to be providing very promising options at this point.

Thanks a lot. :)
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Re: Asking All Seattle Runners

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 10 Jun 2012, 16:03

well, this is just a compilation of craigslist/kijiji, but it shows where listings actually are, and you can customize it to what you're looking for.

padmapper
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 10 Jun 2012, 20:17

Wish I could help you, but I know nothing about real estate. I could ask around...
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 10 Jun 2012, 22:50

I am a New England person, so my advice is mediocre at best, but I hear the cheap places to live are near University of Washington and "about halfway between downtown and the airport", based on where people I know have moved to.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 10 Jun 2012, 23:53

Mm, that's true. They're building a lot of apartments (or "apodments" in one case) around UW, and that's pretty central. I think they're pretty cheap too. By central, like, 15-20 blocks north of downtown? And right in the U district anyway.

SeaTac's pretty far south, but since they've got the Light Rail there now it's not ridiculously out of the way. Bit noisy though.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 11 Jun 2012, 00:13

Cool, thanks guys. :)

Return to “General Discussion”